Motoring Caution - CRB. Very Worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do hope someone can help me.

I have applied for a job and have to get an Enhanced CRB. I have had a couple of these before without a problem, but last year I was stopped by the police for using my mobile while driving (stupid I know) and he cautioned me and gave me ticket. I got a fine and 3 points and thought nothing more about it.

I filled my CRB form in for new job and as it only mentioned unspent convictions, I didn't disclose it, but have since been told that it will come up on CRB. I'm worried sick. I was asked at interview if I had any reprimands, convictions, cautions etc, but it slipped my mind with being motoring so said no. I had a speeding offence once before and that didn't come up on previous disclosures. This is a job with vunerable young people and I am concerned that it will come up and I will be classed as being dishonest, which I am not, just didn't think it would come up as I didn't think it was a conviction.

Does anyone know if this will show up?

Thank you.

A caution before questioning informing you about your right to silence, if that's what you mean, is not the same as a caution for an offence. If it had been a caution in that sense then you would not also have been fined. As I understand it, reprimands and warnings are the youth equivalents of cautions.

Also, paying a fixed penalty is not a conviction.

I would be amazed if this was a problem as even a conviction for most motoring offences is non-recordable and thus does not appear on either type of CRB disclosure.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

As far as I know you were merely given a "ticket" and Fixed Penalty Fine.

You would have been read your Rights (under caution) but you weren't given an Official Caution which is given by a Senior Officer at the Police Station when you admit an offence which would otherwise face prosecution (Public Order offences, etc).

I stand to be corrected .....?

Correct.

The OP was cautioned by the officer at the side of the road. as in "you have the right to remain silent... etc.".

An Official Caution can only be administered by a Senior Officer after guilt has been admitted. It cannot accompany an FPN (which is an 'offer' to settle without attending Court)

Motoring offences like this are not recordable and will not show up on any CRB.

Thank you very much for the replies, it has taken a weight off my mind.

I had looked at many sites and read so much differing information that I didn't know whether I was coming or going. I was convinced it would be classed as a conviction or the caution (or my rights as I know realise) being read read to me would come up on CRB.

Thank you all once again.

Thank you very much for the replies, it has taken a weight off my mind.

I had looked at many sites and read so much differing information that I didn't know whether I was coming or going. I was convinced it would be classed as a conviction or the caution (or my rights as I know realise) being read read to me would come up on CRB.

Thank you all once again.

Good Luck & let us know if you get the job.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well done BTS :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!