I'm in a right pickle with Black horse finance secured loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I stupidly borrowed £20,000 from Black horse finance as a secured loan.

This took my mortgage and loan upto £138k on a house valued at £120k at the time (2 years ago)

This meant that Black Horse lent me they lent me 115% of my equity.

I didnt think it was right at the time but I was fairly desperate.

Now my house value has fallen about 10% so I am in a right mess now as i have about 30k negative equity.

My mortgage is £118k but my house value is only now £115k from £125k 2 years ago.

I simply cannot afford the payments any longer but I can't sell either.

I owe GE money about £800 in mortgage arrears and to be honest, you would think I owed them the crown jewels the game they go over 1 months arrears.

Anyway, I just don't know what to do?

Do you think Black Horse would admit their mistake and make the debt unsecured thereby allowing me to sell if the prices go up a little?

Any ideas would be very welcome

Welcome Finance PPI ***WON***£650

Black Horse PPI ***WON*** £1200

CL Finance-County Court Claim-***WON***(well sort of-stopped them continuing with the claims)

Lenders do lend more than the value of the property so I doubt if it was a mistake.

Is there any chance GE would drop your mortgage to interest only for a few months for you to catch up? Would this help your finances get on an even keel?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 3 weeks later...

IS the mortgage on a capital repayment basis or an interest only basis?

This won't get you out of the situation, bt if you are cuurntly on cap rep, changing this to IO for a while would at least reduce your monthly outgoings. They may expect you to make up your missed payments before allowing you to this, but it can't hurt to ask.

• dx100uk changed the title to I'm in a right pickle with Black horse finance secured loan