*** THE FORUM NEEDS HELP - Please read ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bookworm,

I understand the sentiment but...PLEASE....that is SO SICKLY! :D

PV :-)

LOWELLS-Stat Demand Set Aside-No CCA & Statute Barred-£1800-Gone Away-April 2008

Scotcall on behalf of Cabot-£2200-no CCA returned to Cabot-file closed-March 2009

Cabot-Court Claim issued despite no CCA and Stat Barred-Claim discontinued-March 2009

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES. :)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello PV,

Thanks aa,

We sent the letters re PPI but still waiting for a response.

We'll be back on PPI (Power to the Peoples Initiative) forum as soon as anything to report.

keep up the good work PV

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I think Media and Press attention is the key.

They know banks are not the favourite flavour at the moment, so right now most of the hacks may be only too pleased to jump on CAG's Libel story.

This whole issue may yet spin round and bite the bankers firmly in the ass.

They may find a significantly stronger CAG appearing as this gathers momentum. More people need CAG's help than ever before, so now is the time to pull in as many new members as possible.

The publicity over the Libel attack could do just that.

The Libel issue may yet be the making of CAG rather than the breaking of it.

Cheers,

BRW

hey brw,

perhaps a call to all our local newspapers, tv stations etc may have a slight effect do you reckon? Just so they get the general picure of the sentiment and support that CAG has ?

I am up to call my local paper and tv news station I will do tomorrow and report back if it works we should all go for it BIG TIME.;)

aa

after BW's post I obviously cannot post about the libel action but what is to stop a general picture being put forward on the general issue of Financial Credit Crunch that is affecting thousands of people who are trying to reclaim the right to pursue claims against Illegal and Immoral acts on Bank charges/PPI etc

aa

Edited by alanalana

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Sorry, BRW, but you do know that the libel case has nothing to do with the banks, right?

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the Libel issue is all about. But, who cares, the banks will love it and I can't see them wasting any time piling on more grief.

They have wanted to see CAG closed down since it first popped up, so we may as well build as much CAG momentum as we can.

I don't think it really matters who is attacking CAG, if a banker is not behind this somewhere, I will be surprised. But one will be along soon enough to exploit the situation, so we may as well grab the bull by the wotsits and cause as big a storm as we can.

David v Goliath...doesn't really matter if the current Goliath isn't a banker!

As Brother Bluto said in Animal House:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour? Hell no!

Who's with me...

Cheers,

BRW

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the Libel issue is all about. But, who cares, the banks will love it and I can't see them wasting any time piling on more grief.

They have wanted to see CAG closed down since it first popped up, so we may as well build as much CAG momentum as we can.

I don't think it really matters who is attacking CAG, if a banker is not behind this somewhere, I will be surprised. But one will be along soon enough to exploit the situation, so we may as well grab the bull by the wotsits and cause as big a storm as we can.

David v Goliath...doesn't really matter if the current Goliath isn't a banker!

As Brother Bluto said in Animal House:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour? Hell no!

Who's with me...

Cheers,

BRW

Hmm

just one comment

the Germans never bombed pearl. the Japs did:p

:lol::lol:

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

the Germans never bombed pearl. the Japs did...

Struth, I know that, but Brother Bluto in Animal House didn't!

Have you lot not seen Animal House?

Here's the full quotation, it really is very funny if you see the Film:

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: ...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the F*** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these b*stards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: *Let’s do it*!

Maybe I'm showing my age, I thought everyone had seen Animal House!

Cheers,

BRW

I think most of us have seen it, i have at least 10 times over the years.

Anyway, back on topic . ..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

who cares about pearl harbour...the banks aren't going to bomb us...hmmm, i don't think so anyway..lol

The dca's might..i heard some pretty wild threats from them, most are amusing, but some are virtual libelous.

Ahhhh never mind, this site wont go anywhere, if it does, it will come back bigger, better and more legally organised, with full backing of the law and legal services. Not to mention a member base of millions, not just a few hundred thousand, because it will show one thing if this site closes, that the banks and dca's, and possibly some induviduals with a large checque book can sue anyone, and the general public will rally round and fight back, huge style.

who cares about pearl harbour...the banks aren't going to bomb us...hmmm, i don't think so anyway..lol

Maybe Capquest are going to bomb Pearl Harbour. I know her, she used to live around the corner from my mam. She doesn't deserve being bombed. She's a lovely old thing.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

the forum does not need help all the site team need too do is retract what they said about the so-called adim . this site is about there members not there personal ego

I know nothing about the law,that's why I came to this site,but without knowing anything about what this is all about I would think it's a bit more complex than that.

At the end of the day we are all just looking for truth and honesty in our day to day lives,when anyone is accused of dishonesty they have to stand up and be counted and, to me, it looks as though this is just what the admin are doing.

No offence intended,just my thoughts.

the forum does not need help all the site team need too do is retract what they said about the so-called adim . this site is about there members not there personal ego

sadly this is a very simplistic view, im afrad however as a matter of fact, it is far from that simple,especially when people consider the trolling,villification which we have been subjected to by some quarters and down right abuse from some who are known to frequent otehr forums

this is fact as i myself have been subjected to all manner of threats etc

so when you think about it is not that simple, i wish it were but alas, if the apology were given, it would not be the end of it, anyone who believes otehrwise is not in possession of all the facts im afraid

Sorry but thats just my view, and my professional view as a legal professional as well

sadly this is a very simplistic view, im afrad however as a matter of fact, it is far from that simple,especially when people consider the trolling,villification which we have been subjected to by some quarters and down right abuse from some who are known to frequent otehr forums

this is fact as i myself have been subjected to all manner of threats etc

so when you think about it is not that simple, i wish it were but alas, if the apology were given, it would not be the end of it, anyone who believes otehrwise is not in possession of all the facts im afraid

Sorry but thats just my view, and my professional view as a legal professional as well

Hi Paul, reading between the lines here, i can see this is not as simple as it may have seemed at first, im heartened by BWs assertion that this isnt some sort of manoevre by any DCA etc, and i also appreciate that its very difficult for you or anyone else to comment on developments.

I hope and beleive the same view will be taken by others.

I have today made a donation and wish all concerned the best of luck in this.

Regards CCm

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

sorry if this has been shown already, but i do not have a credit/debit card or cheque book so will a postal order do? and where do i send it? or can we do a bank transfer?

This was posted by Bookworm earlier and I'm sure a postal order would be fine.

Reclaim the Right Ltd.

923 Finchley Road,

London, NW11 7PE

Make the cheque to Reclaim the Right Ltd, and please mark the envelope "CAG Fighting Fund".

This was posted by Bookworm earlier and I'm sure a postal order would be fine.

Hi wendy, i have sent a crossed postal order to this address today and im sure it will be fine.

Regards CCM

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site