*** THE FORUM NEEDS HELP - Please read ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will check with the powers that be ODC.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every little helps. Thanks a lot.:D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Is it me, because although potentially disasterous for the site, this action has been good in unifying the members. The sentiments are similar to those of the war and give people a distraction from their own horrible situations and help to give a sense of unity. We are all fighting our own battles but are also fighting for a group survival.

It has been amazing how everyone has come together to help. I knew everyone looked out for each other, but this has taken it to the next level.

Reading all the libel threads have been fantastic and humbling, and I for one am proud to been part of CAG. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'd like to thank everyone for their donations. People have been rallying to us very well. I haven't spoken about the level of donations which we have received because as I have said elsewhere on the forum, I think that it is not a good idea to let the other side know how strong we are in that regard.

When this is all over, we will let everyone know how many contributors there have been and how much we received.

I hope that this sounds reasonable and acceptable.

It is a great shame that it seems that in part this issue may come down merely to a war of financial strength rather than just the truth and justice of the matter. However, this seems to be a feature of dafamation actions in this country.

There is no doubt that the other side is extremely well funded by a person who seems to be very wealthy and appears to be happy to put maximum resources to fight us.

It is a very unbalanced situation.

We are very grateful to those who support us and we certainly pledge that w will continue to provide this forum resource to everyone for as long as we can continue to exist and for free as we have done since we began.

I have tried to respond by email to everyone's donation. There have been 2 or 3 bounceback emails and so if you haven't received a reply, this may be the reason. Contact us if you have contributed and haven't heard anythng after 2 or 3 days.

If you have sent donations to our registered office, it will take rather longer for us to know about it but we will respond as soon s we do.

I wish we could have a different survey, we only have the one for bank charges, now sadly stagnant thanks to the test case.

If we could have one that shows how much people have saved by chasing off DCAs the way ODC has, I bet it would run into millions more. :-)

• Haha 1

Whilst I know the forum does not condone debt avoidance I know that because of the DCAs failure to abide by the law I have saved thousands.

Personally I have no qualms about not paying DCAs. They gamble by spending pennies to buy up debts which they hope to turn into huge profits by their underhanded and often illegal activities. If their gamble fails thats tough luck on them. The Credit Cards and the Banks are at no loss as they have already written the amount off against tax.

Whilst I know the forum does not condone debt avoidance I know that because of the DCAs failure to abide by the law I have saved thousands.

Personally I have no qualms about not paying DCAs. They gamble by spending pennies to buy up debts which they hope to turn into huge profits by their underhanded and often illegal activities. If their gamble fails thats tough luck on them. The Credit Cards and the Banks are at no loss as they have already written the amount off against tax.

Wholeheartedly agree 100%.

Because of their rude and heavy-handed tactics they are solely responsible for turning me into a rogue debtor of which I am immensely proud, its a badge I wear with honor (even if that does upset a few honest Caggers out there). Had they dealt with me in a more even handed way they may have got something out of me, now if I won the lottery and could pay off all my debts tenfold I still wouldn't give them a penny!

Wholeheartedly agree 100%.

Because of their rude and heavy-handed tactics they are solely responsible for turning me into a rogue debtor of which I am immensely proud, its a badge I wear with honor (even if that does upset a few honest Caggers out there). Had they dealt with me in a more even handed way they may have got something out of me, now if I won the lottery and could pay off all my debts tenfold I still wouldn't give them a penny!

I don't think you are alone there. Being a rogue debtor is not ilegal, nor is it trying to avoid your debts, being a rogue debtor means you wont tollerate the rubbish and underhand tactics of an outside company trying to chase a debt that is over inflated with invisible charges.

Like has been said many a time, and possibly many more times, thiese forums are NOT about avoiding debt, and certainly don't condone it, but this forums stands firm in it's belief that members of the public should stand up for thier rights, and pay thier debts to what they owe, not what these lenders and so on think is owed.

That's what life is about anyway...paying your dues, but not being ripped off in the process. I will pay my dues, and my debts, and i want to pay what i owe.

But i will NOT pay stupid fees and illegal charges, so any DCA that drops by and sees this, then be ready for a battle, and be ready to prove to me that i owe the amount you claim, cause i will ask for proof, and i will not bend to your way of thinking.

In that sence, i too would be classed as a rogue debtor...and i too am proud of it, i stand up and fight the system, on behalf of the genuine public that pay thier way.

I don't think you are alone there. Being a rogue debtor is not ilegal, nor is it trying to avoid your debts, being a rogue debtor means you wont tollerate the rubbish and underhand tactics of an outside company trying to chase a debt that is over inflated with invisible charges.

Like has been said many a time, and possibly many more times, thiese forums are NOT about avoiding debt, and certainly don't condone it, but this forums stands firm in it's belief that members of the public should stand up for thier rights, and pay thier debts to what they owe, not what these lenders and so on think is owed.

That's what life is about anyway...paying your dues, but not being ripped off in the process. I will pay my dues, and my debts, and i want to pay what i owe.

But i will NOT pay stupid fees and illegal charges, so any DCA that drops by and sees this, then be ready for a battle, and be ready to prove to me that i owe the amount you claim, cause i will ask for proof, and i will not bend to your way of thinking.

In that sence, i too would be classed as a rogue debtor...and i too am proud of it, i stand up and fight the system, on behalf of the genuine public that pay thier way.

Well said. I totally agree

My beef is with the companies who accept your offers of reduced payments having acknowledged your difficulties and then sell on the debt because it's not enough for them.

I was paying one of my creditors this reduced amount, a not unsubstantial sum until they sold it on without warning to the Leeds losers who instantly demanded full payment together with an extra £1000 odd which had appeared in charges and back interest.

Needless to say I am not giving them a single penny if I can get away with it.

I am not avoiding my debts having entered into an agreement with my original creditor but I have no such agreement with any other company who wishes to chance their arm by paying peanuts and hopes to bully me into making them a nice 1000% profit on their outlay.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

I'd like to thank everyone for their donations. People have been rallying to us very well. I haven't spoken about the level of donations which we have received because as I have said elsewhere on the forum, I think that it is not a good idea to let the other side know how strong we are in that regard.

When this is all over, we will let everyone know how many contributors there have been and how much we received.

I hope that this sounds reasonable and acceptable.

It is a great shame that it seems that in part this issue may come down merely to a war of financial strength rather than just the truth and justice of the matter. However, this seems to be a feature of dafamation actions in this country.

There is no doubt that the other side is extremely well funded by a person who seems to be very wealthy and appears to be happy to put maximum resources to fight us.

It is a very unbalanced situation.

We are very grateful to those who support us and we certainly pledge that w will continue to provide this forum resource to everyone for as long as we can continue to exist and for free as we have done since we began.

I have tried to respond by email to everyone's donation. There have been 2 or 3 bounceback emails and so if you haven't received a reply, this may be the reason. Contact us if you have contributed and haven't heard anythng after 2 or 3 days.

If you have sent donations to our registered office, it will take rather longer for us to know about it but we will respond as soon s we do.

I take it then there has been no progress down the arbitration route BF?

Has Karnevil/Sharon declined?

Can't believe this site is under threat. You are all so helpful and reassuring giving advice and support where it is really needed. I'm sure thousands of people would have gone under (myself included) if it wasn't for the help and guidance off this site. God knows what I would have done if I never got this guidance I would be living in a cardboard box by now and be on first name terms with all of the judges in the court!!! I haven't received any money back but I have now got a little knowledge and a lot of confidence dealing with DCA's,sometimes downright cheekiness ie No I won't answer your security questions- send me CCA and we'll go from there! Seriously I don't know what I would do without this site, so many people rely on it so I will be making my donation on payday (end of the month) so keep up the good work and all the luck in the world to yous;)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Your post really shows the importance of CAG to so many people on the site now, in the past and in the future, and why we have to make sure it survives. Thanks fedup.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.