• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reclaiming Charges - Log Book Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all -- have had very limited internet access of late, but here I go again. This time taking on LBL on behalf of a friend.

Loan is now cleared, log book returned, but going for the charges incurred over the year!! £12 a phone call is a bit much - I think they charge this even if you don't answer the phone!!!

Sent off Prelim - but don't want to say too much just yet as you never know who's watching !!!!

Will keep thread updated, but look out sharks is all I can say!!!!

Let battle commence :eek:

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

This will be the least of LBL's worries right now. Mate, read the other threads on these sharks - not only are their charges dubious, but the loans unenforceable & the loans securities void.

Join the queue and claims for it all back

Hi Fleeced - yes I've been reading around - that's what made me think I'd go ahead and try. If I'm the least of their worries they might just pay up to get rid of me :rolleyes: -- fingers crossed :D

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

LBA in the post to LBL !!!!

jaxads

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter this morning to say that their charges are fair and that they only make charges where necessary. They are confident that their Solicitors will defend this in court!!!

Claim forms please ..........

jaxads

Yes they will say that.

They make all the right noises and will commence defence but there's no way this will get to trial - they will a cracking offer a week or so before the trial is due but will go that far in the hope that you get scared off

I have about 6 months left on my LBL, I want to claim back for all the letter charges etc, but scared they might take the car if I put in a claim for the charges.

Would it be best to wait till the loan is finished before I make the claim?????

You have to cryptic on here due to prying eyes.. all I would say is if you go through other LBL threads and pick up on a certain firm of solicitors who are dealing with many cases against LBL, give them a call & your eyes will be opened. Or alternatively PM me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fleeced,

I had an £800 loans from LBL and have paid all of it off. According to them I owe £600 in charges. They have half heartedly called me every now and then to setup a payment plan, but the thing is the car is gone. The car was a major drain on my finances in terms of maintenance so i had to get rid of it. I have got rid of the logbook too so they cannot do anything. So can I gain access to these solicitors too?

Don't want to say too much until funds received, but things are looking very promising ;)

jaxads

:D cheque received this morning for full

refund of all charges on account :D

please can this thread be marked ** WON **

Don't give in, follow the tried and tested method on this site and you won't go wrong.

Please note that in this individual case, the loan was completely paid off and LBL had no hold over the car!!! YIPPEE

jaxads

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
:D cheque received this morning for full

refund of all charges on account :D

please can this thread be marked ** WON **

Don't give in, follow the tried and tested method on this site and you won't go wrong.

Please note that in this individual case, the loan was completely paid off and LBL had no hold over the car!!! YIPPEE

Please help, I got a loan for £2000, I had my car taken but refused to give the keys and was given 7 days to come up with £1620. because I had the key they gave me an extra 7 days when i came up with half. I then paid the outstanding amount by the time i paid it had amounted to £1890 due to calls and the fee of taking it. Well i have now been told I have £2000 outstanding - this is the amount i borrowed. I have been given lots of charges due to calls they havent made as they dont have a mobile number for me that works and nobody answers my home phone as where at work, so how can they charge me like £200 in 4 weeks of calls and letters? Can I get this back? if so can I have a template for this as I wouldnt no where to start. Thank you