Link ( Abbey )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am in court on Friday this week, very scared not sleeping brilliantly, i have filled the forms out on line and made 3 copies. had a few phone calls asking for money but am not saying anything. Link keep calling but i am not answering. Feel very let down by company who said they could guarentee an iva for what i could just about afford which was £225 plus increaded when i stop paying maintance to £450.00, this will be in about 2 years. I stopped all D/Debit which i had be paying and changed bank account leaving the old account with my overdraft. I feel like a thief. i cant beleive how slow a week can go, not sure what to do about my rent i pay, what it is, is that when i was made redundant last year i was able to rent a room off a friend of a friend who has become my friend now, my son is able to stay at weekends in the Office/spare room. which works well for me and him. The land lord (friend) takes £150 via my bank plus i give him £240 cash either buying some thing every so often or giving him cash. He said he will gladly do a letter saying he gets £390 a month rent, but i do not have a rent book and i dont want to rock the boat. What do you think. sorry i am rambeling again.xx

I think you can make it clear to the court that your arrangement with your landlord is informal, that you give a weekly amount and top it up when you can afford it. The court will also take into account that you have been left to deal with this on your own when you are only one signatory to what was a joint agreement. Pity you hadn't posted it up - we cannot comment on whether or not the agreement was properly executed and that is important in your defence - if it isn't properly executed with all the required terms, it is a complete defence in law.

Hi

Sorry i think i understand about posting it up, you mean the CCA? not sure if you will understand but i just felt that, I was under pressure to talk to them, i had been avoiding it and was getting worried, so i tried for the IVA which i was told would be accepted. So i did what i was told my Money,Debt and Credit, cancelled all D/d and standing ordered, changed bank accout, as i had an overdraft with old bank, so that had to go into IVA. Then a man came out the next day, took all my detials along with payslips, bank statemenets etc. Then i got a call just after christmas telling me that Link would not accept IVA, they told me that had never happened before and they were very sorry. I was dumfounded, i spoke to my family as i had come clean with them all and told them my debt worrys also told them i was going to do an IVA which would pay back a lot plus end in 5 years. They were happy for me to see an end plus they new i wanted to try and do my best to show my son about responsabity (unlike ex-husband). I was told by one memeber of family to ask money debt and credit to prosose to link that they accept IVA or have less with bankruupcey. Money debt and credit told me they put this to Link and it was refused still. Well i was beside myself. I had changed all bank account and stopped all D/d and standing orders, they would all be after me again. So i decided enough was enough i would try for bankrupcy. I filled out form on line, looked at various stights this being a good sight for knowledge and set form in online, then book a hearing which was friday just gone. Once appointment was made i plucked up the courage to call link to ask why they never accepted IVA, i was told they were never offered one, they tried to ask me questions about where i worked etc, they asked me to call back, but i never did, also never told them i was trying for bankrupcy. Well i have been avoioding all phones called as you can imagine. I called money, debt and credit and was told the man who was dealing with me had resigned that day so i could not talk to him, but this other man told me that they had never put iva to link as they new they would not accept it as it was not 70%????. They were very sorry that i had been given some incorrect advice and that they hopped all would be ok. I asked for my stuff to all be sent back and was told that it would be first class the next day, i have yet to receive it. Well my bankrucey was on friday just gone, and can i just say i had a horrible morning just before hand tears the lot, but i got to the court and the lady (clarke of the court) was brillant and very nice and not at all what i expected. She was very helpful and nice. Got all the verble stuff out the way and then instead of me having to wait until later to see the judge she got me in early. then i just sat in with the judge very informal and was told to confirm what i had written, also asked if i had seeked help, which i had. Then it was signed. The nice lady (clarke of the court) came back out to see me and bring me my copy with my bankrucey number on, and told me to think of this as a new start, which i am going to. I will be hearing from the OR very soon apparently he/She will call to arrange a meeting, either by phone or in person. I am a bit worried aobut this as i hope they are fair about disposable income???

Thank

Hi again

Sorry just need a little advice re : a Dell computer i had, i am still paying for it but, do not have it any more. Will i be able to put this with my bankrupcey, on the agreement it is called a Fixed sum agreement not a Hire purchase which i thought it was at first?

Thanksx