rbs shares plunge 30%

garry123

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its a bit like a tramp punching you in the face and then saying "spare change guv?" isn't it?

Though I'd still probably have more sympathy for the tramp

How dare Darling even consider this

Any plan ought to be put to a public vote and should involve the handing over of significant shares in the banks, otherwise its money for nothing when they are already making it hand over fist

Urine Boiler

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

My three complaints to the FOS about RBS (two for Mis-sold PPI) are probably not due for adjudication for another 6-9months. There may not be a RBS to pay up if the Ombudsman upholds my complaints?:eek:

However Taxpayers should not be expected to bail out Plc's. When the going was good for them they were still being very greedy. They should start by cutting their own fat cat bonuses.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Loved the article about Lehmans paying approx $10 million to some of their executives in bonuses the same week they went cap in hand to the federal reserve, outstanding, and the boss of lehmans taking home around $300 milion in pay and bonuses over a 9 year period, Im in the wrong job

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

All sounds particularly fair to me, they should have given him $400 million!

If the Govt give to much away the public will slay them, and they know it

I appreciate that the banks must be seen to be stable for the sake of avoiding panic withdrawals and possible civil unrest, but its also up to them to

a) not treat every year like its the last and actually plan for the future

b) when the public has a bad perception use some of their funds to show publicly in real, honest language why they are stable and people have nothing to worry about

RBS in particular have only recently gained mega money from the rights issue so this is just meddia hype, hedge funds and other big shorters creating the massive flux in the shares

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

the hedge funds were not to blame for HBOS it was heading for a fall long before they got involved , also this is real selling pressure as no one can short shares anymore in financial stocks , 97.2p now low today was 90p for RBS,all i can see on the horizon are super banks (BNP) (santander) and Bank of america) and HSBC who must think xmas has come early

One of the advantages, it seems to me, with the current situation where the government [ie the taxpayer] is bailing out the banks- even going for a part nationalisation, is that it removes the stranglehold the banks have over the politicians.

Both the main political parties are in hock to the banks for way too much money which has possibly led to the banks getting away with too much.

Hopefully thiw will redress the balance.