Loweel Portfolio/Red Debt Collections

fogy101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all...

After i sent the last letter to red debt, i got a letter from Lowell, saying "despite trying to contact me i have not been in contact" then demanded i phoned...well i ignored this as their 1st letter said i should address all my letters to red debt and not them, fair enough. but today i have received a from red debt letter dated 10/11/08 demanding that i phone them and arrange something or they will either use a licensed "home visit agent" or start legal procedings. They have also made it out that i have not been in contact what so ever...

What the hell are they playing at??? Can someone please help

Fogy101

Fogy - its just the same old nonsense you will get from them in each letter saying that you have not done this,that & the other & how they will do this,that & the other - they will not do anything at all & you will not see any of their "field agents"

Ring them up if you want & either tell them to take you to a county court or get lost, they wont coz it will cost them money to do so.

They are full of hot air & have no power/authority over you whatsoever.

The problem is, fogy, that you are expecting to have dialogue with human beings.

Instead, you are having a grotesque form of half-dialogue with a threat machine.

It is similar to a "speak the answer" machine which can only say the word "six".

Ask it what 2+2 equals, it will say "six". Ask it what the square root of 100 is, and it will say "six". Ask it what the capital city of Austria is, and it will still say "six".

Very occasionally, someone will ask what 3+3 equals, or what the square root of 36 is, and the machine will appear to be intelligent!

So it is with the threatagram machine. It spews forth its meaningless drivel unencumbered by human intelligence, and the words printed on the paper have only a casual relevance, if any, to any events which may be happening in the real world.

Should the machine reference anything which does actually exist in the real world, that is, as in the above example, coincidental.

SH

The problem is, fogy, that you are expecting to have dialogue with human beings.

Instead, you are having a grotesque form of half-dialogue with a threat machine.

SH

I can't stop laughing at that, although I shouldn't, because its true.

• 2 weeks later...

back once more..and i gotta say, i love lowells persistance.

Just got in from work and i had a card thru my door saying that they were trying to contact me. Looks like they sending these "field agents" out to my house now....Anything that can be done about that?

back once more..and i gotta say, i love lowells persistance.

Just got in from work and i had a card thru my door saying that they were trying to contact me. Looks like they sending these "field agents" out to my house now....Anything that can be done about that?

Make sure you have the cup of tea ready for them then :rolleyes:

In the meantime..just bin the card or use it for whatever you see fit?

The card wasnt from a Mr J White or P Brown by any chance? :cool:

With due respect Fogy you've been told what is what by all the replies on here & it doesnt seem to be sinking in (apologies if im mistaken there) - so i advise you to hide all your household furniture right now coz they will around any minute now to remove everything :p

These "field agents" are spies which operate on farmyards. If you are quick, you can see them diving into the cowpats to hide their surveillance equipment.

Did this card have a postmark on it? Anything to suggest that it had been through the postal system? If it has, then it probably breaches this -

OFT guidance 2.6 (j)

acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor either deliberately or through lack of care, for example, by not putting correspondence in a sealed envelope and putting it through a letterbox, thereby running the risk that it could be read by third parties.

Anything which can be used in future complaints is useful, so keep hold of this.

If you feel like wasting a stamp, you could send them this -

"Should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or anyone representing you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance."

Alternatively, you could use the stamp to send yourself a Christmas card, and email the message to the Leeds Losers.

SH

Lowells Licensed Field Agents are imaginary. They only exist in Andrew Bartle's vivid imagination. Their is no such a thing as a ''Licensed Field Agent''. Its a silly little ploy of The Leeds Losers to get you to telephone their Telephone Threat Monkeys at the Leeds Threat Centre. Keep the card which IOm sure was similar to this one

card.jpg

You can use it as part of your formal complaint.

As for the bit in Scabhunters letter above all you need do is remove the word English and just refer to Common Law.

Clownells didnt leave it your postie did.

LMFAO

Clownells are a joke big time!

Best of luck

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

• 1 month later...

Well after another letter 2 weeks ago that i ignored i now have a letter from a law firm named "Hamptons Legal" saying that i have 7 days to contact them to set up a payments plan or to settle or they will take court action against me. Also saying that if the latter happens then they will add on charges for this action...

Please help once more, i really cant afford more money on top of this bill

Cheers Fogy

Well after another letter 2 weeks ago that i ignored i now have a letter from a law firm named "Hamptons Legal" saying that i have 7 days to contact them to set up a payments plan or to settle or they will take court action against me. Also saying that if the latter happens then they will add on charges for this action...

Please help once more, i really cant afford more money on top of this bill

Cheers Fogy

I'm assuming you already know that Hampton (Il)Legal is just another desk in the Clownell office?

All they are doing is moving a piece of paper from one desk to another, trying to make out that they have "escalated" the account to a more fearsome outfit.

There is no greater chance of court now than there was before.

I would ignore all meaningless threats - you have asked for proof and they haven't provided any. Until they do, what makes them think you should pay them money?

SH