CIVIL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE , Lidl

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help and Advice needed here guys

i got a ticket for staying 10 mins over in the local lidil car park. I checked out this site and your advice was to ignor them which i have done...no contact at all. Today, out of the blue i receive a phone call from some solicitor guy asking me all about it. I just said i don't recall any ticket or letters etc, and for them to send me photo graphic evidence to the offence.

What do you think their next move is gonna be and what should mine be??? do you think they are going to take me to court?

I know you will give me some good advice on this so thanx in advance.

Dee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Help and Advice needed here guys

i got a ticket for staying 10 mins over in the local lidil car park. I checked out this site and your advice was to ignor them which i have done...no contact at all. Today, out of the blue i receive a phone call from some solicitor guy asking me all about it. I just said i don't recall any ticket or letters etc, and for them to send me photo graphic evidence to the offence.

What do you think their next move is gonna be and what should mine be??? do you think they are going to take me to court?

I know you will give me some good advice on this so thanx in advance.

Dee

Of course they won't take you to court. That solicitor (if he is a real one) should be ashamed of being associated with this [problem]. Just ignore. If they phone you again either hang up or tell them you will report them for harassment.

thanx for that quick response DBC. To be honest i didn't think they would go so far as to find out my phone number and call me at home...what a cheek!

If they call me again i will take your advice and just hang up and see if this stops them.

Its me again! Just thought id mention that it was that Graham White solicitors that called me at home. Can they do that?

That's the one who usually calls. Just ignore.

This "Graham White" is nothing to do with another respectable law firm of the same name. The one that has called you is actually run by Michael David Sobell . He works from the same office as a firm of debt collectors.

well as iv asked for evidence and if they do happen to have a photo of my car or me driving in or out what do you think i should do then? They said it may take a couple of weeks to get it too me. so i will wait for that i suppose and get back to ya lol

They said it may take a couple of weeks to get it too me. so i will wait for that i suppose and get back to ya lol

If Graham White was dealing with an "official case" on behalf of a client, he would have all the "evidence" and photographs there under his nose when he rang you surely?

If that was the case, he should have been able to promise to get them to you in 1 or 2 days.

Guess maybe he doesn't have a real case file with him at all! :D

well as iv asked for evidence and if they do happen to have a photo of my car or me driving in or out what do you think i should do then? They said it may take a couple of weeks to get it too me. so i will wait for that i suppose and get back to ya lol

If indeed you do receive anything, it will be a picture of your car NOT you. If they telephone again, insist they go through your security,

ask them their full name

The telephone number they are calling from

Their date of birth

If they passed their driving test after 20 attempts

What is their inside leg measurement

If they refuse tell them you have to end the call until they comply.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Its me again! Just thought id mention that it was that Graham White solicitors that called me at home. Can they do that?

They can and as their situation is getting more desperate with people finding out about the [problem] they will.

Even if you are ex directory, ticked all the boxes on forms for not passing your details on where you have applied for credit cards, loans whatever your details will still get onto databases that unscrupulous comapanies (e.g. PPC's) can access and use

When they call wind them up with inane 'pythonesque' conversations or keep them holding while you try to find yourself and go have a bath, make a cup of tea, mow the lawn - it's their bill

PPC baiting. The sport for 2010

Yep - that's the way to go :D

although ignore is probably the easiest route

Is it normal for solicitors to phone people chasing debts, like a collection agency? Surely a solicitor should be preparing court papers.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Is it normal for solicitors to phone people chasing debts, like a collection agency? Surely a solicitor should be preparing court papers.

Normally yes, but in this case we are not talking about a normal solicitors firm, but one that has got into bed with a rather dubious firm of debt collectors.

Normally yes, but in this case we are not talking about a normal solicitors firm, but one that has got into bed with a rather dubious firm of debt collectors.

The solicitor is in bed with the debt collector? :eek:

Quick! Call the Sunday Sun, they will love this story for it's titalating low sex morals of a solicitor to appeal to it's readers. :D

The solicitor is in bed with the debt collector? :eek:

Quick! Call the Sunday Sun, they will love this story for it's titalating low sex morals of a solicitor to appeal to it's readers. :D

In my opinion this particular solicitor has no morals at all. Here is an example of the type of letter sent out by this firm. Not very nice is it?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I've found this site and been reading thru the threads as I have parked in Lidl on 2 separate occasions with 2 separate cars. Got wacked with 2 'invoices' about 2 weeks ago one with each car. I've adopted the advice from here to ignore the letters. I've already received reminder letters for both cars. Few days ago I received a 3rd letter - 'NOTICE OF COLLECTION PROCEEDINGS' by this Athena ANPR Ltd.

Threatening that they will take this matter to the civil courts, possibly resulting in the issuing of a County Court Judgement against me to recover the monies.

Threatening methods are:

1. Bailiffs

2. Attachment of Earnings Order

3. Third Party Debt Order

I assume those in the same boat as me has ignored this letter and the letters after?

They have no power to carry out the above threats?

I think ignoring is the wrong option. Write as I did, telling them that there are multiple drivers of the car and you don't keep records, so have no way of knowing who was driving at the time. This lets them know that you're 'aware' of the rules. They should then know it's a waste of their time trying to take things further. If you ignore, they'll just keep going with the scare tactics - it's what they do for a living.

It is NOT ADVISABLE to tell lies, they can come back to bite you.

Realy, how hard can it be to IGNORE letters???

If you get scared with letters in red ink demanding your money, can i have your address as i have a new colour cartridge in my printer?

hello all:-)