• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Jadest v's lloyds

jadest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sorry I have not been on line lots to tell... I have sent letter Kevin kindly told me about... Thank you Kevin.

They have not called since. thank goodness

I got order from court for small claims court on the 25th January 2007 I called the court to ask why such a long wait. They said tit was because the jugde in Chesterfield wanted all bank claims on the same date and because he wanted that date to be after the Houses of Commons had met to make a ruling on it. Any-one know what that is about? Is there a chance we might not get our charges back?

SC&M have said that Lloyds usually settle in order off the court dates.

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A moderator thinks that the woman at Chesterfield court confused Houses of Commons with OFT any-way any one know any way I could get Lloyds/SC&M to enter negotiations before January. I have tried calling them they fob me of. I write to them they ignore the letters.... Any ideas?

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

I have already sent the following letter to SC&M to try to get them to negotiate a settlement; does any-one have a idea for the next letter I could send them, as they ignored the one below....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for providing me with a copy of your completed N149 Allocation Questionnaire, which I received on xx/xx/xx.

Referring to the Allocation Questionnaire, I must admit to being somewhat surprised by your response to Section A (Settlement). You have ticked ‘yes’, thereby requesting a one-month postponement in proceedings in order that a settlement may be reached by way of negotiation.

Please note that throughout the process of this claim, neither yourselves nor your client have ever given any indication whatsoever that you wish to settle this matter without the need for litigation. In fact, in my previous attempts at dialogue with your client has been met with outright refusals to negotiate this matter, and on xx/xx/xx/, I received a letter from Lloyds TSB’s service recovery centre which explicitly stated that the bank had issued its ‘final response’ and therefore would not enter into any further correspondence. It is for this reason that I felt I had no alternative but to seek redress by way of Court action.

Having said the above, I do believe that litigation should always be a last resort and would of course be happy to settle this matter without the need for a court hearing. Please be advised though, that I am completely confidant in the strength of my claim and believe that your client’s charges could indeed be proved to be unlawful penalties, which you are trying to cloak as contractual service charges. For this reason, I will only settle for the amount of the claim, namely £xxxxx(which includes interest to date and add on 8% interest per day until the I receive the money)

In light of your indication of your intention to negotiate, I will await your communication informing me of how you wish to proceed.

Yours Sincerely

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Very good letter, Jadest, puts you on the moral high ground. (Not that LTSB know aything about morals!).

Send a copy of that letter to the court to be added to your file and make sure you let SCM know that you have done so!:)

Elsinore

Great letter.

C

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

Hi elsinore and cat,

sent copy to court to be added to file and letter to SC&M telling them that I have done this... hope this pprovokes a reply.

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Jules see my thread I'm about to send out 2nd letter after endless phone calls to no avail......( our court suggested I send this to the Court Manager, to be heard by the district judge) and copy in the other twits..........

it's off this link..but I've changed it slightly......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay.html

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by
freebird

yes Sue I'd log every phone call, letter and fax........these judges have got to know that we're going through bloody hoops to settle and talking to the wall most of the time, maybe then they won't be as hasty in granting so many soddin stays !

I agree with freebird we have to make the judges see that they are just delaying the inevitable by staying court dates. We also have to try to make them see they are playing into the banks delaying tactics. and that the victims of there unfair charges are suffering whilest being made to wait. I am £200 overdrawn which are charges took out this month they have called me 8 times in 2 weeks since these charges went out. I have sent them the harrassment letter of this site and they still called me today to say they all taking me to court for the charges that made me overdrawn... hilllariuos to say the charge are illegal in the first place... I told them being it on... maybe the court will make them pay what they owe me earluier plus they owe me £4,800 to press not including that £200 they are now saying I owe them and the charges they are adding on dailly because I am overdrwn.

JulesX

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

I have just spent 4 hour preparing evidence bungle for Judge and SC&M Hope I have everything there was 73 pages.... do I need to send soundfile. It only plays on my computer.?

Jlues x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

I got a letter this morning from SC&M saying that I have 7 days to pay back the money owed on my accout or Lloyds will start court proceedings against me... I am just waiting for a cheque to clear in another account and then I will pay it of. I have expained this to them. I just can't get over ther cheek of them. I owe them £200 and they want to start court proceeding but they are not prepared to discuss setting with me the £4,800 they took me in illegal charges. I have just about had enough of there crap.

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

I got a letter this morning from SC&M saying that I have 7 days to pay back the money owed on my accout or Lloyds will start court proceedings against me... I am just waiting for a cheque to clear in another account and then I will pay it of. I have expained this to them. I just can't get over ther cheek of them. I owe them £200 and they want to start court proceeding but they are not prepared to discuss settling with me the £4,800 they took me in illegal charges. I have just about had enough of there crap.

Jules x

Any-one know what I can do about this... I am really worried

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Jules, is this an overdraft they're talking about

I have 7 days to pay back the money owed on my accout

or a loan.....?

I don't know if the mods acan help more, but I'd be tempted to write and say that it's as a result of their charges that you are in this financial situation now !

There's a thread somewhere re banks counter suing ! I'm not sure where it is but the mods might be able to bring it up !

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Hi Jules,

Have you put your information in a letter to them (about needing a little time to pay them and the details). If not, do and get it to them quickly - maybe fax. Keep a copy. I cant see how they will have much of a case if you can show you tried to conduct proceedings reasonably.

Best wishes,

Cat

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

They are being very unreasonable. I have recently been in similar position and contacted Pay Plan. Here you can arrange to pay a mininal amount (£1 a month) to creditors for a period of time until you can pay as normal. As long as you pay something they wont go to court.

Dont know if this is relevant to your situation.

Hope it helps,

Sincil.

hey jadest,

Just got my court date through at last.21st February 2007! Makes your case look positively peachy!

Guess I'll get my evidence together and sit back and relax for a few months then.

Matt

11/07/2006 - First request sent

21/07/2006 - Standard 'sod off' reply from Lloyds TSB

25/07/2006 - Letter before action sent

01/08/2006 - Second standard 'sod off' reply from Lloyds TSB

03/08/2006 - Claim started through moneyclaim for sum of £1756.26

04/08/2006 - Claim issued by moneyclaim

09/08/2006 - Claim served by moneyclaim

06/09/2006 - Defence entered

25/09/2006 - AQ returned (no Lloyds AQ yet)

I have sent lloyds 2 letters explaining that I will pay the overdraft of when I receive a cheque that I am waiting for from another source, and they would get the money as soon as that cheque had come to me.... I even sent a copy of the letter expaining that I would be getting theat money... and they still sent the letter from there sols threatening court action.

I have sent the copy of my evidence to the court and to SC&M recorded delivery. How long do they have now to send there full defence, is it 14days before court case?

Jules

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Should get some reply soon. Judge was looking at my case today.

When did lloyds tell you to pay back the overdraft???

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4190 - Rjh v Lloyds Tsb.

Dpa Sent (13/04/06).

Statements Recevied (04/05/06).

Preliminary Letter Sent £775 owed! (12/05/06).

Received Standard Reply from Lloyds. (17/05/06).

Posted LBA (31/05/06).

Received Lloyds "Final Response" Letter (03/06/06).

Filed Claim with Moneyclaim for £775+£192.19 interest. (21/07/06)

Lloyds defend claim (23/08/06)

**Lloyds pay up, at last. £1078 (14/11/06)**

Hi Jadest,

You may find this usful. I wrote it for Sweetpants a while ago, and beleive it or not they wrote back a week later withdrawing the notice to close, plus, they even apologised. I can still hardly beleive it myself actually, it just does'nt sound like the Lloyds we know and love :rolleyes: does it!? Anyway, I'm not saying it'll definately have the same effect, but its worth a try.

(YOUR ADDRESS)

(THEIR ADDRESS)

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I acknowledge your recent letter dated (**/**/**) in which you informed me of your intention to terminate my account agreement on September 11th 2006.

I write to inform you that I believe this decision is unfair and unjust, and to ask you to reconsider your position.

On (**/**/**), I wrote to your customer care department to inform them that I had became aware that the penalty charges levied to my account were unlawful, and requested their repayment. As such, the account and balance thereof is now the subject of a dispute. Your letter informing me of the termination of my account agreement was received on (**/**/**). Therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to infer that this is a retaliatory action taken as a direct result of my request for the refund of the unlawfully taken charges. This view is supported by the fact that I am aware of many other customers of Lloyds TSB who on complaining of these charges have been faced with the same situation of account closure.

I would draw your attention to the Financial Services Authority’s statement of the 6th July 2006, in which it announced that it considered such retaliatory action to be discriminatory and that it was referring the matter of such closures to the Banking Code’s standards committee. Following on from this, I also believe that the termination of my account agreement in the manor in which it has been proposed would constitute a breach of the terms of the Banking Code. I refer to;

Section 13 paragraph 6, which states that an account which is in dispute may not be passed to any credit reference agencies;

Section 7 paragraph 5, which states that unless there are exceptional circumstances, ie, threatening or abusive behaviour towards staff, an account will not be closed unless at least 30 days notice is given;

Section 14 paragraph 1 and 2, which states that any financial difficulties will be dealt with positively and sympathetically, and any action will be precluded by a period of discussion and the formation of a plan to help deal with those difficulties.

Aside from this, (optional short paragraph about personal circumstances, what effect the closure would have, etc………..)

I light of the above and because the account is in dispute, I would respectfully ask that Lloyds TSB reconsiders its position with regards to the proposed closure of my account, until such time as the dispute in question reaches its resolution. I feel that a reputable and upstanding organisation such as yours with a fiduciary duty to its customers should be above such retaliatory action, and I am writing in the hope that this matter can reach an amicable solution.

However, an account closure in circumstances such as this is tantamount to a sanction for pursueing my ligitimate right of seeking a judgement from a court, and if you decide that the termination will stand, I wish to make absolutely clear that I intend to contest your decision by all means availible at my disposal. Action will include official complaints to the Financial Services Authority and the Banking Code Standards Committee, and I am currently taking advice with regards to the possibility of seeking an injunction to prevent the termination of my account agreement. Additionally, I will also petition my Member of Parliament and contact local and national media outlets.

Please respond at your earliest possible convenience to advise how you intend to proceed.

Yours faithfully,

(YOU)

• Confused 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Jadest.

When Is your court date?

I amended my claim with n244 form 3 weeks ago.

I have a court date set for Nov 20th to discuss my amendment with judge.

The letter states this will take approx 15mins.

Do you are anyone think that i will get to this stage before they may settle.

I am Looking forward to the challenge.

Many Thanks Phil.B

• Haha 1

pbeales1,

I'll post an answer to your question on your thread.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Jadest,

You may find this usful. I wrote it for Sweetpants a while ago, and beleive it or not they wrote back a week later withdrawing the notice to close, plus, they even apologised. I can still hardly beleive it myself actually, it just does'nt sound like the Lloyds we know and love
:rolleyes:
does it!? Anyway, I'm not saying it'll definately have the same effect, but its worth a try.

Hi Gary thanks for letter I have sent it and they wrote back to say they are investigating my complaint and will contact me with in 28 days to explain there findings.. At least that give me a break from there constant badgering to pay the overdraft back.

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Hi every-one, hope you are all well,

I am a little concerned because when I sent my evidence bungle to the Court I did not include the contract from when I opened my account with LloydsTSB. Will this go against me?... I can't find it any-way. Will I need it?...

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Hi Jules, I don't know the answer but I dont have one either. Can anyone advise please? Cat

Hi every-one, I called SC&M on Thursday last week, I asked them when they would be sending me there defence bundle and asked them if they had recieved my evidence bundle. They told me they would not be sending the bungle as there clients had instructed them to set out an offer for me... they said they would send it next week, so I said i would look forward to receiving it next week, she then said that I would probably not get it till the week after because of the post, I replied by saying "Oh does it take that long, what post service are you using, donkey express". I cannot beleive that they really think that I would swallow that it takes a week for the post to come for Brighton to Chesterfield.... They only have 15 days to either make a full unconditional offer or to the court... This is because the judge order that they send there copies 28 days after mine or they would be struck out it is already 15 days since mine were sent. 13 days since they recieved it. So if they don't make the offer, or send there evidence pack they will have no choice but to pay up any-way.

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, guess what?

Yes I came home the other day to an offer for full ammount with 6 conditions. I have told the sols that I accept the offer, but not the conditions. I have also told them I will be making a further claim.

At least negotiations have started.

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*