Dangerous Car Sold

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,

i read a few threads and i feel you people can help me out. i bought a renault clio for £1295- 1999make and 98,665miles clocked on 10th september,2008 from hillington trade centre, west paisley road, glasgow. from the last few days , i could hear some noise from the engine so, i decided to take my car for servicing. today ,

when i went to collect my car from the nationwide centre....

they told that they didnt service the car, as the car is beyond repair, economically...had atleast 9 points which would fail the MOT due next feb, 2009. and he said he wouldn't trust the brakes.

the head gasket, is broken and the engine oil is leaking ...the front disc pads and disc to be replaced...exhast fail, coil spring fail.....engine mount......all sorts of problem ..

i feel like i have been cheated...as the dealer told me the car has been checked out by their mechanic and it is in good condition.....

what do i do...i feel helpless.....

Agreed. You need to formally reject the car under the SOGA, and advise them that you require a full refund immediately.

Moreover, tell them that they need to collect the car from its current location, as you believe the car is unroadworthy and therefore would be illegal for you to drive to them.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

well, he said this car is a trade-in ...so he was reluctant to give any warranty or guaranty...although he offered me a waranty from a compny for £295/year but i declined...and after insisting a lot he agreed to give a waranty for one month 50-50 for parts and labour caping at £300...it is worthless...and soon after i bought the car i took warranty from warranty direct....but they will help me as these problems were there when i bought the car......should i email them or post them abt the issue...

Not them - the dealer cannot legally supply goods that are not "fit for purpose". This is your STATUTORY right, and totally overrides anything he talks about warranty or guarantee. This is also the reason the term "sold as seen" is irrelevant in law.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

i have clocked more than 100 miles in less than month....do you think it can become an issue ......and what if the dealer doesn't accept my mails....i read in a previous thread that the dealer returned the mails unopened...

Call him first anyway to let him refuse over the phone.

100 miles is nothing really.

well, he said this car is a trade-in ...so he was reluctant to give any warranty or guaranty...although he offered me a waranty from a compny for £295/year but i declined...and after insisting a lot he agreed to give a waranty for one month 50-50 for parts and labour caping at £300...it is worthless...and soon after i bought the car i took warranty from warranty direct....but they will help me as these problems were there when i bought the car......should i email them or post them abt the issue...

The dealer broke the golden rule....He wanted to be greedy and instead of unloading the car at auction with zero risk to himself he sold it to you!

Hopefully you will be offered a refund.

Why the long face Horsey?

well guys, i called him today....what he said is.....i told you the car is a trade in.....and head gasket can break any time...even with the new car...and about the brakes he said the car was checked and was roadworthy when he sold him to me and he is liable for nothing......he kept on repeating that it is a used car and a trade in....

i told him that i reject the agreement and i want a full refund and also that he need to collect the car....alll he said is 'i dont'...even when i told him i will be approaching trading standards and consumer direct for help...

guys i checked the miles today and i have acyually clocked more than 500 miles in less than a month...will that be a problem...he even said that the car has a mot so it is very well roadworthy....i told him the mot was done in feb this year and i bought the car in september.....but that went unheard...

please help .....

An MOT shows a vehicle is road legal at one snapshot in time - not for the course of the year.

Write him a letter before action, then sue.

Please do everything in writing, rejecting car and why ( not fit for purpse; unroadworthy, dagerous; list faults ) and ask for full refund under SOGA and give 7 days to respond or take them to court.; they are responsible.

And dont use the car once you have rejected it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hillington Trade Centre- what a bunch of chancers.

I went for a test drive in a white golf at the beginning of september- saw the car on ebay and there was not a chance the car was roadworthy.

Suspect I may have looked at your Clio, as it was around that time, but in the end i got a much nicer, roadworthy car than anything avaiable at this dump- a disgrace to Glasgow.

Never buy from there!!!