Reliable Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi is anyone else having problems with Reliable Collections ? We keep posting letters and they keep loosing them. Letter of authority for me to act on my wifes behalf. Reliable Collections even posted out a blank credit agreement which broke the Consumer Credit Act. Even the second letter has apparently gone missing even though i sent them Recorded delivery.

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

You will have proof that you sent the Recorded Delivery. If they sent you a blank form as an agreement you don't have to pay them another penny and you don't have to worry about them saying they haven't received your letters either. Without an agreement they can collect on a debt and can be told to bog off, or words to that effect.

DPick do you have the address still for JD Williams head office. I know Reliable Collections are not been helpful and we are still getting phone calls everyday from them. Even though i sent a letter about telephone harrasment and informed them not to phone us but to write to us in future. I know JD Williams know about this as they sent out the blank Credit Agreements for my wife. There are one company i will be glad to get off our back and then i'd throw a street party once thats done lol

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Hello all,

is this of any use to you? Hope it helps;)

Current status:Appointed RepresentativeEffective Date:14/01/2005Tied Agent:Undertakes Insurance Mediation:Y

Registered under Money Laundering Regulations:

Address:

Reliable Collections Ltd

36 Houldsworth Street

Manchester

Lancashire

M1 1AG

Phone:44 0161 238 2000

Fax:44 0161 386 2918

Email:[email protected]

Notices:Other information:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Excelent work alanalana where did you get this information from ? Who is the email address for ? Is this Pippa someone that works for Reliable Collections ?

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Hello Hawk,

I would assume that the FSA info means Pippa.dutton is the person to email. and the address seems to point to firstfinancial.co.uk

Please check this out yourself here is the FSA Register link...

FSA Register

Just type in the firms name and hit the submit button and bob's yer uncle

go get em;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks mate i will update as and when

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Thanks again Dpick i will keep you informed

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

They will not take any notice of anything you send, they think the CCA act and OFT guidelines dont apply to them, or the data protection act either for that matter.

I have been through the same (changed phone number as i couldnt be bothered with them anymore, so minus phonecalls)

Have a read of my thread, it will give you an idea of whats to come (plus its quite funny really:D)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/152608-your-conduct-matter-unacceptable.html

Brilliant guys i could kiss you both lol. I phoned Pippi Dutton today and she is looking into it. And supprise the letters Reliable keep telling me have never arrived are there. So Pippa lissoned to me and is speaking with a manager to find out whats happening. Then i later got a phone call from someone called Gildo at Reliable asking for payment to which i replyed go whistle nicely of course. Then a further telephone to Pippa to inform her about the idiot Gildo, and that when i mentioned to him that Pippa was dealing with this he claimed not to know her. Tut tut fancy not knowing one of the Directors haha hope she fires him. Pippa said he should know me and then said that she is waiting for the manager to get back to her about the accounts. After all as i explained to her a Blank Credit Agreement means no money to be paid and no legal action allowed. Hence no debt and it's to be written off ASAP

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

:grin:Hello hawk,

remember do not celebrate until you have the cash or debt written off etc.

Glad to help you out with the Pippa dutton email address. Please forget the Kiss but you can hit my scales if you wish.

I truly hope this is a good result for you and will watch your thread to find out.

What a nice start to the week:grin:

Isn't it nice what a search of the FSA register turns up:)

aa

• Haha 1

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi everyone,

Just had a phone call from Lorraine Dolan who is a manager at JD Williams/ Reliable Collections. Who has been passed the account from Pippa Dutton. She was very helpful and even agreed that the debt is unenforcable and has said that she will write them off as no CCA is held. But that there still will be a record made on the credit file for 6 years as the account has not been satasfied and that the amount is still owed etc. I asked her to put this in writing and once i receive it i'd be happy for this action to be taken. After all my wifes credit file as well as mine is pritty much screwed anyway. And after 6 years i will make contact again with a request to remove the information. I will however make a not myself on my credit file and my wifes credit file stating that this debt is unenforcable as no CCA and that it shouldn't be on the credit file in the first place.

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Oh and i forgot to say that the amount to be wrote of by Reliable Collection is around £2076.11 lol so i will update when i receive the letter.

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Hello hawk,

Just had a phone call from Lorraine Dolan who is a manager at JD Williams/ Reliable Collections. Who has been passed the account from Pippa Dutton. She was very helpful and even agreed that the debt is unenforcable and has said that she will write them off as no CCA is held. But that there still will be a record made on the credit file for 6 years as the account has not been satasfied and that the amount is still owed etc. I asked her to put this in writing and once i receive it i'd be happy for this action to be taken. After all my wifes credit file as well as mine is pritty much screwed anyway. And after 6 years i will make contact again with a request to remove the information. I will however make a not myself on my credit file and my wifes credit file stating that this debt is unenforcable as no CCA and that it shouldn't be on the credit file in the first place.

The red text. The debt is unenforceable as no CCA exists and the debt is writtten off!

The blue text. How can they say there will be a record made on the credit file as the account has not been satisified and the amount is still owed?

As I see it, the amount if written off is not owed, if it is not owed how can they then black mark your credit file.?

I would consider writing back and asking them to remove any adverse comments on your credit file. As they have stated by their own admission that the debt was unenforceable. I would also get them to confirm that statement in writing.

Just a thought.

aa

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

So your at the same stalemate i apear to be in, they wont persue, but will wreck your CRF, although they havnt gone as far as to say they will write it of for me yet

My thinking is this, if you take the following judgement into account

Taken from Sir Andrew Morrits Judgment in the Court of Appeal in the Wilson & First Counties Trust case :

“In effect, the creditor--by failing to ensure that he obtained a document signed by the debtor which contained all the prescribed terms--must (in the light of the provisions in ss 65(1) and 127(3) of the 1974 Act) be taken to have made a voluntary disposition, or gift,of the loan moneys to the debtor. The creditor had chosen to part with the moneys in circumstances in which it was never entitled to have them repaid;”

Then there is no money outstanding, or there is no entitlement for it too be re-paid, so therfore there is no justification in filing the account has not been satisfied, so to do so would be liable wouldnt it?

My problem is i dont know if that theory is any good or holds any waight in law :???:

Hi the Wilson & First Counties Trust case is case law and is the argument I used against both JD Williams and Littlewoods with FOS to get the defaults removed.

dpick

Thanks dpick thats just the bit of confirmation i have been looking for that i was on the right track:)

Brilliant guys i could kiss you both lol. I phoned Pippi Dutton today and she is looking into it. And supprise the letters Reliable keep telling me have never arrived are there. So Pippa lissoned to me and is speaking with a manager to find out whats happening. Then i later got a phone call from someone called Gildo at Reliable asking for payment to which i replyed go whistle nicely of course. Then a further telephone to Pippa to inform her about the idiot Gildo, and that when i mentioned to him that Pippa was dealing with this he claimed not to know her. Tut tut fancy not knowing one of the Directors haha hope she fires him. Pippa said he should know me and then said that she is waiting for the manager to get back to her about the accounts. After all as i explained to her a Blank Credit Agreement means no money to be paid and no legal action allowed. Hence no debt and it's to be written off ASAP

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

If i have been any help to you tip my scales ?

Oh and i forgot to say that the amount to be wrote of by Reliable Collection is around £2076.11 lol so i will update when i receive the letter.

look forward to it

Edited by alanalana
text changed

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 years later...

New Post:

The worm that is Unreliable collections have crawled back out of the wood work. Argggggggggggh here we go again

Round 1

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg