style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im posting this for my sister as im unsure of the rights she has against logbook loans.

She took out a small loan many months ago and after continously making payments thought she had paid it off.

With no letters or contact from them in over 8mth she decided that she was in a position to get a new car. So she did and because the car they had the loan against was in such a state anyway she just gave it to the garage for free.

Now months later they have come sniffing around for around a hundred quid they say was outstanding and some huge charges for letters not wrote and phone calls not received. Obviously I thought there was no immediate threat as the original car was gone. But now this moron that came today said they will take her new car worth 4 times the original value if she doesnt pay soon.

My question can they do this and whats the best way to deal with these vultures

Thanks in advance

I really can't see how they can take her new car when the security is on the old car.

If she had paid the loan off she would have got her v5 docs back. If she didn't how did she sell it?

They will lie I am sure to scare her into paying, but I would say all they can do now is attempt to take her to court. Given their record regarding contracts I doubt they would go this route. The only way to get the new car would be via a baliff on the back of a CCJ surely.

She might have a problem with the garage or new owners if LBL start chasing them, but given the state of the car perhaps it was just scrapped.

Sure someone else will be along soon to advise.

good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment