Two PCNs Two consecutive days ONE OFFENCE?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had two Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) stuck on my car on two consecutive days {in one envelope which they re-opened on the second day to show that Highway rtobbery is 'Green'} for parking in a resident bay without being a resident.It is one of those 'OK over weekend' jobs but I forgot to move my car before Monday - too busy in credit crunch.The Local Borough of Highway Robbery (LBHR) also got my car make wrong on the second posting.The PCN concerns parking contravention (12):"Parked in a resident OR shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place"As far as I can see I have committed ONE offence. I parked ONCE and did not move the car and repark. If I had done so then it would be two offences. If what I argue is not valid then it would be open to the Local Borough of Highway Robbery to post consecutive notices say every 15 minutes or so for every 'Parked in a res.... ' offenceI know that is giving them ideas so my apolologies if that mode of highway robbery becomes commonplace.Of course a Question What if my car was left there for a week? (quite apart from the fact that these residents spaces are underused and their designation is primarily to continue the LBHR war of attrition on motorists going about their business). The answer is that the LBHR have plenty of other tricks up their sleeves for that - towing away, clamping etc.So I contend I have committed only ONE offence.Any advice out there?Thanks very much

'Crem' is correct. One per day. I had a case with four in a row but I know of one with 30+.

Concentrate on other issues because you will get knowhere with that issue.

Accurate, prescribed signage and road markings? Compliant PCN?

Which Council?

Always advisable to show the PCN.

-

This is not true, a few years ago i had been given 2 tickets for the same offense. i parked in central London. 1st ticket placed on car before midnight and the second just after midnight.

A solicitor (friend) wrote a letter for me and contested that you cannot be charged twice for the same offense, the council did remove the second ticket.

This is not true, a few years ago i had been given 2 tickets for the same offense. i parked in central London. 1st ticket placed on car before midnight and the second just after midnight.

A solicitor (friend) wrote a letter for me and contested that you cannot be charged twice for the same offense, the council did remove the second ticket.

The Council can cancel any PCN they wish to since they issued it, it does not mean that is the law. In you case they may have felt issuing two tickets within a short period vexatious. In the OPs case however the restriction was not even continous making each day a seperate contravention. It is possible to get several PCNs without moving if the restriction changes thru out the day.