SQN/Equidept letter - any advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no it just says sqn services ltd and it is in warwickshire , i dont know full adress as i through letter away , checked it out on google it just says credit reference checking company , i presume they are being used by a dcca i am in dispute with but which one i dont know as there was no reference no that i recognised , just a short letter saying please contact us over a serious matter

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0593506Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Sine Qua Non Services Limited 4255227

Categories:

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

SQN Services

Issued Date: 19-Nov-2006 Expiry Date: 18-Nov-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Phillip Moore OFFICER

Wesley Mulligan OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Investment/Financial Advisers

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business Equity House, Ettington Road, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, CV35 9GA

Registered Office Equity House, Ettington Road, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire, CV35 9GA

AC

Certainly seems like it and I've noticed a few threads today that are mentioning them. Personally I've not come across them yet.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

My my haven't they been busy. The company I am working for has had loads of calls from various companies but not this one. It is the time of month this appears to be between the 28th and 5th of a month its obviously the time they take on the temps to get the mail done and for the phone calls to start.:rolleyes:

I most certainly wouldn't be phoning them it may be worth just filing it but I wouldn't be putting it in the bin just yet I would possible think about starting an album.

DG:D

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one of these SQN letters today, has anyone replies or is the general consensus not to reply at all? I've had 2 of these type of letters, one from SQN and another from Apex both pretending to have 'important information' for me.

I just wondered what they'll try if I don't reply, last thing I want is people turning up at my home?!

They're a craft bunch eh? If they'd just be up front they'd have more chance of people contacting them I'm sure. Pretending to have 'important news on a personal matter' is sneaky and underhand, I won't be ringing them at all, I know who I owe money too and it's neither SQN or Apex unless they prove otherwise

Add me to the list, I had the same letter waiting for me when I got home from work. The strange thing is I've only just moved house, I haven't even gotten around to registering on the electoral role yet so how they got my new address is a mystery...

Some light googling picked up this tread, I'll glad I'm not on my own with this :D - I certainly won't be giving them a call.

Looking at this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/206076-equidebt-playing-mind-games.html makes it sound like an old debt Cabot have sold on, which will be six years old (and hopefully off my credit history) in a few months. I'm hoping this isn't some sly trick to try and keep the debt 'alive' for longer... we shall see I suppose.

They cannot do anything to "keep it alive" as far as Stat Barring is concerned, only you can reset the clock by either acknowledging the debt in writing or making a payment. What they will do, were you to phone them, is to tell you a pack of lies, so ignoring is thye best policy. I only sent the "prove it" letter because mine is already stat barred, or it's not my debt at all, so I have nothing to worry about either way.

• 4 months later...

Hi...

I have just come home to one of these letters..!! :mad:

I do have a few dca after me... sadly NOT stat barred..!! :(

I wont be contacting them... there is NO info on the ''contact urgent'' letter... WHEN they contact me again do I send the ''I do not acknowledge any debt... please send signed contract'' letter..?? :confused:

xXx

We received two of these letters today - one for me and my partner.

Considering we have both been through bankruptcies, I cannot think what we could possibly owe. We of course will not be phoning them, but I am curious as to the details of the so-called debt.

SQN seem to be a part of Equidebt -

Equidebt | Solutions

... I received a SECOND one... Exactly the same on Wednesday... Just THREE working days later... :rolleyes: I returned it to sender..!! ;)

If they can not have the decency to SAY what it is they want I will not reply..!!

I'm not even on the electrol roll here, after just moving... Nor do I have ANY bills in my name, so not sure HOW they got this address... :confused:

Underhand tactics they have indeed.

xXx

• 1 month later...

I got one of these yesterday and have filed it for reference anyway. Getting sick of this now, after moving in with my girlfriend. I have had three such claims now, none followed up. If their 'third party' is legit why don't they state who it is...irinically I get one of these everytime I do something like sign-on to the electoral register, buy car tax, change the address on my driving licence, get a credit report!!

Also notice, the envelope return address is in Glamorgan!

• 3 weeks later...

A week later I had a letter from Equidebt demanding immediate payment of an outstanding debt from Cabot Financial, followed a week later by another saying they have set up a payment plan for the next 20 months.

Are Sina Qua Non and Equidebt part of Cabot then?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello i recieved a letter the other day with the exact same layout. After alot of thought I rang the number and give my details. I have never been in debt, have no credit cards etc... for 48 hours I pondered what it could be. one fear was someone had opened up an account in my name and went to town with it. Long story short my debt was council tax from the year 2006 (now four years ago). I found SQN pleasant enought to deal with when I knew they wernt fake.