£7000+ Claim HERE WE GO

fletch101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a long think about it Ihave decided to go for the full ammount owed to me by Lloyds TSB. Misses concerned about the possible £100 soliceters fee s , but being self employed Im sure the accountat can help .Going to send a final letter on Monday giving a final 7 days then its of to the county court to file claim. Also going to claim against LloydsTSB credit card , notsure for how much yet still waiting for statments but will let you know. Only get use of computer 2-3 times a week as kids seem to get 4 or 5 hours homework a night and at weekends so they come first (funny eldest daughter has finnished collage !!!) So may take a while to answer any comments but will check up when I can.

Sorry ment £1000 leagal fees you are liabel for if you loose on a claim over £5000 Im confident ofnot loosing but misses still thinks of banks as all ways being right and honest (misguided fool) had many arguments in the past but now have cancelled all DDs andSOs and pay all bills by cash supprising how well of you can be each month when your not feeding fat cats!

Hi fletch101,

I also deliberated over severing my claim, and decided to claim for it in one go as severing does not permit you to recover the cumulative effect of their charges. My thread for a claim of >£6400 is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/4887-beans-timeline-joint-acct.html?highlight=Bean

I also have a thread for my Lloyds TSB credit card for about £300, for which I issued my claim in the local County Court last Friday.

You're doing fine, keep rolling,

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

• 4 months later...

Having read Beans Timeline way back in those glorious days of summer and finaly getting my usual laid back a*** in to action I have just returned from Basildon County Court after dropping in my claim pack. what a wonderful feeling I had thinkig about the ppayout in a few months from the savings account that the bank had set up for me without them realising it. I would have got around to this eventualy but after a phone call fron Brighton at the weekend was just the kick up the backside I needed, the very helpful man at the other end! told me quote "The bank is not here to help you." This is not taken at all out of context and I would love to know if I have any rights in obtaining a copy of the phone call that may be recorded for security and training purposses. I must admit this fraze did bring a smile to my face as we have knowen this for a long time. I will try not to be away for to long this time and will keep you informmed of any progress. anyway thanks so far CAG and Bean for that encoragement

Expect them to defend right at the last minute as per usual!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you all had a good Chrismas and wishing you all a very prosperous new year.

Guess what? defence arrived 22/12/2006 so have got to return AQ by 08/01/2007 is this when it starts to get scary or what. Anyway it was a nice but expected Christmas prissie shame they couldn't show a bit of festive chear and credit my account but still I suppose its my own fault realy if I'd started the claim when I should have it would be all over now, but it is something to look foward to.

Any body direct me to threads that are about any one whose been allocated a fast track? Just incase....

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my AQ from SC&M today also an offer to settle in full with the normal conditions applyed wont be accepting it as I dont think I should keep quiet about the truth I mean how many credit referance agencies have the banks misinformed about my finances in the past. My AQ is due at the court on Monday so it will be delivered by hand I dontknow if I have done the right thing but I have ticked the fast track box on mine SC&M have ticked the small claim one I can only assume that they dont want to disclose something or other!

The funny thing is that I fell less nuvious now it must be because I have it in black and white that they are willing to settle.

Hi fletch,

First of all good luck with the claim, and yes no point in agreeing to a confidentiality agreement. How did you calculate your interest? Standard 8%? I am asking because I am thinking of going for compound complex interest and I am nervous about the prospect of losing the court case and paying up the £1000 in fees (though I have been told £750) either way its loads of cash to me.

Have I misunderstood something, but haven't you won your claim if you have been offered a full settlement? Or are you just proceeding with the claim until you have all the conditions removed?

Congratulations by the way for getting the full settlement offer

Regards

Paula

I am nervous about the prospect of losing the court case and paying up the £1000 in fees (though I have been told £750)

Thats correct. In the fast track costs can be awarded against you up to a maximum of £750. Small claims track theres obviously a no-costs rule, and in the multi-track I think its unlimited.

However, even if a claim was to get to court and you were to lose, the judge would still have to order costs against you for you to be liable for them - they are'nt imposed automatically. The chances of a judge ordering costs against a consumer who is acting in person in favour of a multi national financial institution are - I would have thought - fairly slim.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

However, even if a claim was to get to court and you were to lose, the judge would still have to order costs against you for you to be liable for them - they are'nt imposed automatically. The chances of a judge ordering costs against a consumer who is acting in person in favour of a multi national financial institution are - I would have thought - fairly slim.

That's really good to know.

Took my AQ to court yesterday along with the fee and posted copy to SC&M along with a letter saying "that I do not accept their conditions but thanks for the offer, see you in court." While filling out my AQ (N150) I noticed that SC&M had used AQ (N149) used for a small claim only so I assume if its ok for the experts it must be ok for me evan though the claim is nealy double the ammount for a small claim I also included a copy of jonni2bad s "respectfully request" letter from the templates libuary, no such letter included from the other side so I presume thay must think they are more important than the judge I'm sure it must be better to be a little humble at times.Thanks for your words of support I've got to go soon but should be back on latter.

Any body direct me to threads that are about any one whose been allocated a fast track? Just incase....

Any suggestions for a fast track link would be very helpful to me as well.

Thanks

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Just drafted a copy of KAZZAW judgement (post 15) check it out if you havn't and will be sending a copy to County Court and SC&M first thing in the morning. I feel at this point I must appologise to all users of the internet for thinking they were all Geeks I can not beleive how much information can be had of one site. Keep up the great work and there will be a donation coming your way sooner rather than later I hope. I'll have to have a few lessons from my daughters between "homework sesions" and thanks to you I've a few more claims to make when this is over. Hope you dont mind but I think I'll have to tell a few people about this site. Got to go now be back sometime tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...