• Tweets

• This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
    • Unless I've got an incorrect copy of the relevant regulation: The PCN is only deemed to have arrived two days after dispatch "unless the contrary is proved" in which case date of delivery does matter (not just date of posting) and I would like clarification of the required standard of proof. It seems perhaps this hasn't been tested. Since post is now barcoded for the Post Office's own tracking purposes perhaps there is some way I can get that evidence from the Post Office...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Documents in Court - Civil Evidence Act 1995

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have been trying to feed information on the Civil Evidence Act to as many forums as possible as it is I feel important when it comes to CCAs and other documents being produced in Court. I have decided to start a new thread where this may help and to stop it dissappearing into the middle of other threads. The information is on CAG in various places but best to have it available to all.

Hello all,

This may be useful if have to proceed to court and a COPY of the CCA is going to be produced. Here are two links to the Act

Results within legislation - Statute Law Database

Civil Evidence Act 1995 (c. 38)

There is also information in Draft Order for Directions

Draft order for directions - including directions for disclosure

The general gist is as follows para e onwards is the legal requirement:

For claims or defences based on agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if no enforceable copy of the agreement has been sent:

a) a copy of the executed agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for the account

For a loan or hire purchase agreement

b) a statement signed by or on behalf of the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company) showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,--

(i) the total sum paid under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are);

(ii) the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) but remains unpaid, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due; and

(iii) the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are), and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date, or mode of determining the date, when each becomes due.

For a credit card

b) a statement signed by or on behalf of the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company) showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,--

(i) the state of the account,

(ii) the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company), and

(iii) the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company).

General

c) copies of Default Notices (if any) issued pursuant to s87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company) to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are)

d) a copy of any Notice of Assignment to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company) relating to the [Claimant’s] [Defendant’s] (whichever you are) account

e) if copies of any of the above documents are to be relied on in court rather than originals, a copy of the Notice of proposal to adduce hearsay evidence required under s2(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 together with proof of the authenticity of the document(s) as required under s8(1)(b) of the Act, including but not limited to:

(i) a copy of the procedure(s) used for copying, storing and retrieving documents

(ii) a copy of the relevant log entry showing the time and date of the scan or copy, the name of the member of staff making the copy, the method used for copying, storage and retrieval and time and date of destruction of the original document(s)

(iii) copies of internal and external audit reports covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedures have been complied with

(iv) copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards.

It could be useful if you are proceeding to Court and the defence is going to produce copies rather than originals.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Good stuff and it needed saying (though not three times ;)).

I would only add this, that from a tactician's perspective, paving the way by means of a Judge's directions order or generally flagging up the way things should be done properly for your opponent to introduce evidence in the correct fashion would not be a wise move. The wiser move would be to address the court at the conclusion of the creditor's evidence by referring to everything that was absent from it, the better to weaken its impact or indeed lead to its inadmissability.

By this I am thinking for example of the absence of [1] credibility or direct first hand knowledge of the facts the document or witness is called upon to prove, [2] corroborative documents and witnesses having first hand knowledge touching on document reconstructions [3] relevant Civil Evidence Act Notices and so on to name but a few.

You getting my drift?

x20

hello x20,

Good stuff and it needed saying (though not three times :wink:).

Your are right about three times I thought I was hitting 3 different forums.

I would only add this, that from a tactician's perspective, paving the way by means of a Judge's directions order or generally flagging up the way things should be done properly for your opponent to introduce evidence in the correct fashion would not be a wise move. The wiser move would be to address the court at the conclusion of the creditor's evidence by referring to everything that was absent from it, the better to weaken its impact or indeed lead to its inadmissability.

By this I am thinking for example of the absence of [1] credibility or direct first hand knowledge of the facts the document or witness is called upon to prove, [2] corroborative documents and witnesses having first hand knowledge touching on document reconstructions [3] relevant Civil Evidence Act Notices and so on to name but a few.

You getting my drift?

x20

Totally agree with the tactical point of view. Forwarned is Forarmed as they say. Much better to prepare a closing summary and throw a great big spanner in the works.:eek:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Question(s)

What about the use of cross examination for documents submitted under Witness Statement? Is this a viable option if you very sure of your own standing and the legal situation of say ownership, agreement or validity of a default notice?

Say for example you know a document is missing or is incorrect on more than one or two ground could the defendant cross examine the person who made a witness statement to the court to certify those documents? Rather than have the claimant amend or change documents before presentation at trial (I am assuming fast track here)?

Absolutely and very very important.

Take a situation where the Claimant produces a witness to deal with questions concerning say the default notice and who simply produces a screen print supposing it has to do with the default notice they say was delivered to the debtor but can't produce. I've seen screen prints which are essentially a database recording precious little information which is readliy understood by 'an outsider'. The screenshot might record 'date sent' followed by a date and that's about it.

Your purpose in cross-examination would be to demonstrate the witness and the screenshot are inadequate for proving the essentials required for showing what the paper DN looked like, said on it, when service occured and the manner of it. A milion questions could be put to dettach the witness from the database record and the DN the database is supposed to be able to re-construct.

I've seen witness statements made by solicitors professing to be able to verify the re-construction of a DN who make no mention of the source of their information or the steps taken by them to verify the truth of that information. Such a witness is hopeless.

I've even had one witness deal with a DN who it was eventually established, was still at school when the DN was supposedly delivered! The time had arrived to say 'No more questions' and sit down! Need I say more?

x20

Hello Grumlin,

Question(s)

What about the use of cross examination for documents submitted under Witness Statement? Is this a viable option if you very sure of your own standing and the legal situation of say ownership, agreement or validity of a default notice? This is all about the validity of documents produced in Court ie any copied document must have a fully valid authentication as follows:8)

e) if copies of any of the above documents are to be relied on in court rather than originals, a copy of the Notice of proposal to adduce hearsay evidence required under s2(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 together with proof of the authenticity of the document(s) as required under s8(1)(b) of the Act, including but not limited to:

(i) a copy of the procedure(s) used for copying, storing and retrieving documents

(ii) a copy of the relevant log entry showing the time and date of the scan or copy, the name of the member of staff making the copy, the method used for copying, storage and retrieval and time and date of destruction of the original document(s)

(iii) copies of internal and external audit reports covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedures have been complied with

(iv) copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards ...

Say for example you know a document is missing or is incorrect on more than one or two ground could the defendant cross examine the person who made a witness statement to the court to certify those documents? Rather than have the claimant amend or change documents before presentation at trial (I am assuming fast track here)?

You will have to consult the legal folks for an answer to this

Excellent question:)

However you will have to seek more legal expertise than I have as I only stumbled upon the Civil Evidence Act 1995 by doing a google search on ADMISSIBILITY OF LEGAL DOCUMENTS IN COURT and bingo what a nice result

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Beaten to it by a legal mind

lol:D

aa

I try to help where I can without any admissability of liability in any post in any thread . Is that ok to prevent a Legal action??

aa

Edited by alanalana
sentence added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Sorry all I have to bump to keep this in the eyes of CAGers. I believe this ins important on CCAs and other documentation produced.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Perhaps this is another thread that could be stikkied :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks brw,

helpful as ever my friend.;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Sorry to all on the forum but I do believe this needs to be in the limelight in case of impending Court actions with documentatin being produced.

So I bump and request to be stickied if that is at all possible CAGers I believe need to be aware of this information:D

thank you

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

alanalana, I clicked on the triangle and asked for this to be stikkied for you. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

In the XXXXXX County Court

Claim number XXXXXX

Between

XXXXXXXX - Claimant

and

XXXXX - Defendant

Draft Order for Directions

For straightforward bank charges claims where you are the claimant:

1. The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made

b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made

c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are unfair

d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

2. The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve a response to the Claimant's schedule, stating in respect of each item claimed;

For a counterclaim (eg when you are being taken to court for a debt but are claiming charges as part of your ‘defence’) omit part 1 above and change the heading of this part to:

1. The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

If the bank has failed to supply a list of charges or statements, insert

a) A list of all charges applied to the Claimant’s account with dates, type and amount of each charge

and renumber the remainder accordingly. Otherwise:

a) Pursuant to what contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon

for credit cards insert b) whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

b) Whether such charge is accepted to be unfair, and if not why not

c) If such charge is alleged to be fair, all facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was fair and reasonable

d) Any witness statements

e) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order.

For claims or defences based on agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 if no enforceable copy of the agreement has been sent:

a) a copy of the executed agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for the account

For a loan or hire purchase agreement

(i) the total sum paid under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are);

(ii) the total sum which has become payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) but remains unpaid, and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date when each became due; and

(iii) the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are), and the various amounts comprised in that total sum, with the date, or mode of determining the date, when each becomes due.

For a credit card

(i) the state of the account,

(ii) the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company), and

(iii) the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are) to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company).

General

c) copies of Default Notices (if any) issued pursuant to s87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 by the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company) to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever you are)

d) a copy of any Notice of Assignment to the [Claimant] [Defendant] (whichever is the loan company) relating to the [Claimant’s] [Defendant’s] (whichever you are) account

(iv) copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards

Alanalana

This is a very useful piece of info. I had a look at S 8(1) of the Act and noted that the phrase "authenticated in such manner as the court may approve" is at the end of the paragraph.

What is to stop an old duffer of a DJ accepting any statement from a solicitor representing a creditor as 'authenticating in such manner ...' the document? Did the wording in your post above come from some regulations or case that you can quote?

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Docman,

Alanalana

This is a very useful piece of info. I had a look at S 8(1) of the Act and noted that the phrase "authenticated in such manner as the court may approve" is at the end of the paragraph.

What is to stop an old duffer of a DJ accepting any statement from a solicitor representing a creditor as 'authenticating in such manner ...' the document? Did the wording in your post above come from some regulations or case that you can quote?

I have no regulations or case that I can quote.

I started searching when I saw the problems people were having with Copies of CCAs that were obviously not the original but cobbled together to try and satisfy requests being made under the CCA 1974 sections 77/78.

I did a google on legal admissibility of documents in Court and found the Beautiful Civil Evidence Act 1975 which will mean Documents produced in Court that are not orignals but copies must be backed up with a full accredited audit trail showing how the copies were copied, by whom, when and records will be required as they are being presented as adduced hearsay and the Court must be notified of this fact.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

oh alanalana

you have just allowed me to not get so fearful no longer of any court action

im so grateful there are people like you who so passionate in helping others like so many others that have helped me so far

i have previously subbed so i can learn even more as time passes by

have a fun day many thanks again Ciao maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just found this - excellent work :) Can anyone advise if - and how - you can apply for a Disclosure order on a case that has already been dealt with by a default judgement that you're trying to get set aside?

I refer of course to a case where the Claimant feels "not obliged" :rolleyes: to comply with a belated CCA request.

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...

Just found this - excellent work :-) Can anyone advise if - and how - you can apply for a Disclosure order on a case that has already been dealt with by a default judgement that you're trying to get set aside?

I refer of course to a case where the Claimant feels "not obliged" :rolleyes: to comply with a belated CCA request.

You may get faster response if you post in this forum starting your own thread:)

Legal Issues

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from