Godebt/advice needed.

buzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sorry to butt in but I had a lot of hassle from Go-Debt about 3 years ago after handing back a car to ycc. They scared me that much with threats of bankrupcy (we owned our home at the time) I ended up borrowing £4000 of my father in law to pay them up. My deposit was taken of the insurance and not of the value of the car also.

Is it to late to do anything about this now? I still have every piece of paperwork.

Or should I just leave it alone

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
they went bust about 4 years ago after provi bought them out..however, if you had a car from them the agreement is absolute rubbish...and is completely defendable, do not pay these parasites any more of your hard earned money...if they threaten bankruptcy..dont worry it is easy to get set aside...and you will get costs against them as well...do not speak to them on the phone if they ring...do you know roughly how long ago you had the car with ycc?

Just a bit of news for you Mr Willaim Rhodes MD of GoDebt is a new Magistrate or JP in the bristol county what a joke you all should get your SD's at his court........:lol:

most of my letters come from a mark williams any one had any dealings with him he phoned up the other day when i was out shopping and my daughter answered the phone who is only 11 and he questioned her has to where her mum and dad was bang out of order has she only a minor and should not have been asked anything

Hi All,

Sorry did mean to post sooner, I had my Set Aside hearing on 24th June, Go Debt didn't show up, the Judge is obviously aware of them and even before I had sat down he said that he was going to set aside the SD and that they were a vile company. Awarded just short of £200 costs which he is giving them 10 days to pay, if they don't I am thinking of issuing a SD.

So to all the helpers on here, donation will be made and really many thanks.

Trev.

Good afternoon

I have a debt (Custom Fleet - a car lease) which Go Debt has taken on, it totals £8500, they've emailed me a Statutory Demand in bankrupcy via email along with the my signed agreement and outstanding breakdown of the debt, my wife had a knock on the door this morning asking for me, saying they had a solicitors letter for me but which could only be given to me. She told them i'd be in from work at 9pm, the gentleman left without leaving anything.

I've spoken with Alyn Thomas at Go Debt, I've told them I'm in a joint debt management plan with my wife (via Payplan), Mr Thomas is not interested in me paying in installments as I didn't keep up with payments with Custom Fleet. I explained to him that my house was in joint names (myself and my wife) and currently in neg equity.

He told me that they weren't bothered and that they do these every day and I'd be surprised how many people find the money the day before the bankrupcy hearing. He said they'd be prepared to accept £6000.

My wife in particular is worried but thats what they want you to be I guess.

I've asked Payplan to look at us doing an IVA but I'm not sure if this will me an option for us.

Any advice help etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

hi jdarbs and welcome

to begin with, its best if you start your own thread

click on this link

Debt Collection Industry - The Consumer Forums

scroll down to start new thread and click

when the window opens up , call your thrad say

godebt yet again

repost your complaint and ill jump in

regards

jdarbs as a result of recent court action where 1.2 million pounds worth of their agreements have been deemed unenforceable they are desperate to collect in a much as possible before more debtors become aware of the courts determination ............. & what better way to shorten the period for obtaining judgement than to use SD's ..................allegedly

• 1 month later...

Hi New to this but have been following with great interest!

Had a letter from godebt recently saying they where concidering making an appointment with me to arrange service of a statutory demand.

I had a car from ycc in 2003, i defaulted on two payments and then lost my job so arranged to return the car.After a few years i started getting calls and letters saynig i still owed then over 4000! Got really worried and offered them 20 monthly, this was in 2005.Have no paper work for this so where do i go from here??? HELP!!!!

Hi New to this but have been following with great interest!

Had a letter from godebt recently saying they where concidering making an appointment with me to arrange service of a statutory demand.

I had a car from ycc in 2003, i defaulted on two payments and then lost my job so arranged to return the car.After a few years i started getting calls and letters saynig i still owed then over 4000! Got really worried and offered them 20 monthly, this was in 2005.Have no paper work for this so where do i go from here??? HELP!!!!

Read my previous post 189 YCC agreements are unenforceable

Edited by JonCris

no first send for the agreement...how long since you last paid anything on this?

the letter to send is below enclose a pound postal order.. when you get agreement give us a shout and we will advise from here..if you do get stat demand let us know immediately and we will initiate set aside..godebt has so far lost every one we have done

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxx

Date xx/xx/xx

To Whom It May Concern:

Your Reference: Agreement Number:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this Credit Agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within Section 77 (1) and Section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my Credit Agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 Postal Order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my Credit Agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the Agreement under these sections of the Act.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1. True copy of original Credit Agreement

2. Statement of Account

3. Copy of the executed Deed Of Assignment

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed Credit Agreement within 12 + 2 working days of a proper Consumer Credit Agreement request. If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original still exists and in what form (microfiche) etc

As you are aware, a Credit Agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by you is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment - Administration of Justice Act 1970, Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and Communications Act 2003. If you continue to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully

Thanks for that, so should I just ignore this?

No write back (special delivery) telling them your aware of the recent court case which decreed that ALL YCC agreements are unenforceable in law & that should they persist you will defend AND seek your costs from them

Hi I have good news!! I was thretened with bankruptcy ,they failed to deliver to me in person instead posted it through the letterbox.

I was now dreading the outcome but had the demand set aside and after the first hearing they requested my statement again so I handed it in to the royal court of justice and the GODEBT finally accepted that they did not have any evidence as they claimed and they withdrew their claim.

Wish they would have listen to me in the first place,as they wouldf have saved court costs.

But instead they threatened me as my late partner was the first applicant and he passed away last Oct,all GODEBT did was ignore my request and carried on phoning and threatening to drag me to court by my hair well I await an apology from the bully who felt he was employed by GODEBT abuse and verbally torture customers .

Just file a set aside and provide evidence as much as you can.

GoodLuck!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,just to let you know that I have recieved CCA etc. The deposit was taken out off the insurance! No stat demand as yet. Could you please advise where I go from here Thanks for all youre advise so far its been a great help.

no first send for the agreement...how long since you last paid anything on this?

the letter to send is below enclose a pound postal order.. when you get agreement give us a shout and we will advise from here..if you do get stat demand let us know immediately and we will initiate set aside..godebt has so far lost every one we have done

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxx

Date xx/xx/xx

To Whom It May Concern:

Your Reference: Agreement Number:

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this Credit Agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within Section 77 (1) and Section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my Credit Agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 Postal Order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my Credit Agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the Agreement under these sections of the Act.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1. True copy of original Credit Agreement

2. Statement of Account

3. Copy of the executed Deed Of Assignment

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed Credit Agreement within 12 + 2 working days of a proper Consumer Credit Agreement request. If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original still exists and in what form (microfiche) etc

As you are aware, a Credit Agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by you is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment - Administration of Justice Act 1970, Protection from Harassment Act 1997, and Communications Act 2003. If you continue to harass me by telephone I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

Yours faithfully

Hi

Looks like GoDebt have moved on from car finance!

Have received an advice from this DCA stating a debt has been assigned to them. Yipee!

However, no assignment enclosed from original creditor.:-(

So here we go at geting assignment info - and will see what happens.

will keep u advised!!!!:-)

• 2 weeks later...

I also have had a car with YCC and now have Go Debt chasing me. I bought my car a 1.9 tdi megane in 2004. Sadly due to illness i lost my job 3 months later and advised Yes of this they told me to hand the car back and i will owe nothing. This i did and have been chased ever since :evil: In the beginning i tried to offer goodwill repayments as i was on incapacity benefit of £20 then i'd raise it to £50 a month until i got back on my feet financially and medically but the amounts i offered were refused both times at one point they even tried saying i offered those amounts based per week not per month. I have since had a baby (i also have a teenager) and they have now threatened me with bancrupcy. After alot of verbal sh** on the phone they offered me a final payment offer of £1000, if i paid this that would be it........however the catch was that i had 1 week to get the money together. I begged, pleaded and borrowed off family and managed £500 and offered 5 monthly payments of £100 for the rest they also refused this offer. I have now recieved a letter from Hollis Briggs threatening me with bailiffs and bancrupcy. I'm still unemployed and i'm a single parent living on my own i don't want my children to lose all their things and i don't want to lose my things either. This is really starting to scare me ......PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE