The Microfiche Scam

ayrforce1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received the microfiche reply to my DPA request letter. Is there any breakthrough on this front and is there anything that can be done apart from the £3 statement that they then seem to be able to produce, surely contradictory as this must be data.

Take a look here

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just had a reply from Barclaycard having sent them the letter refering to the Smith v Lloyd`s bank case.

According to Barclaycard this case fully supports their position.

Also I have been thinking of trying to claim for the charges that I know of stating that this is a claim only for the dates supplied and not final.

Should I proceed or is there another course of action.

If you are worried about Barclaycards view that the case supports their position then you need to refer to the case directly.

It supoprts the view that unstructured bundles of papers areno part of a relvant filing system.

However, it doesnt refer specifically refer to michrofiche, but in my veiw paras 11 and 13 give an insight into why microfiche systems may well be a relevant filing system.

IMHO

Barclaycard are bluffing and you should proceed on the basis that they are.

This is all just my humble untrainend opinion and it would be useful if any of the mods can add or correct anything said by me.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I Have Tried 3 Times To Get Barclaycard To Release The Statement But To No Avail.

I Have Informed The Ico As Each Letter States That Barclaycard Will Take No Further Actions.

Don't Know Whether To Claim An Estimated Amount Or Just To Claim From 1/5/4 To Present Date And Go Back Later And Claim Again When I Can Afford To Request The Statements.

I have not heard of a bank arguing the toss over the SAr and that they are claiming the stated case supports thier view.

Why not pm a link to this thread tro a mod and ask them to have a look.

it may be that there is something differnet about your case or it may be that the bank are chanig tack and that the template needs to be revised.

Glenn

PS we got statements using the SAR from barclaycard yesterday so am surprised you are having problems.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

shall i just pay the £3.00 per statement then claim it back of them? I am convinced my charges pre 04 will amount to a fair bit and i dont really want them to just get away with two years worth of my money!

any advice much apreciated.

You can claim the £3 back when you initiate the court claim. It seems like Barclaycard are not going to back down over this so it might be the only way forward.

Alliance & Leicester MBNA Credit Card

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete list of charges received 12 August 2006

Requested repayment of charges 10 November 2006

LBA sent 24 November 2006

Estimated £4650 in fines and interest.

Barclaycard

Data Protection Act letter sent 3 July 2006.

Incomplete statements sent 9 July 2006

Requested repayment of charges 14 August 2006

LBA sent 30 August 2006

Estimated £468 in fines and interest.

Initiated claim at MCOL 20 September 2006

Claiming £615.47 including fines & interest, s69 interest and costs

Claim acknowledged 10 October 2006

Defence filed 20 October 2006

Settled in full £640 total. 14 December 2006

Vodafone

Requested Default Notice removed 10 July 2006

Received letter agreeing to request 10 August 2006

FWIW i think it depends on your view over this if you wish to force them to reveal the data, and inmy view you should, then take them to court.

Reporting them to the ICO may beuseful but from waht i can see its not a lot of use.

Taking them to court will force them to revela the data.

FWIW if the ICO come down on Abbey nationals side, then this wold make any route more difficult and therefore we would have to challenge them on it.

Its difficult to see how they could, but we should consider that its possible.

Incidentally even if the ICO do side with the banks it doesnt mean a court will.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

If you were to send them an LBA with 'estimated' charges on your account, would they send you the data does anyone know? I am hoping that I would be able to do this, and they would hopefully come back with the information to prove me wrong....

If you were to send them an LBA with 'estimated' charges on your account, would they send you the data does anyone know? I am hoping that I would be able to do this, and they would hopefully come back with the information to prove me wrong....

I dont believe they have to, but if they want to disprove your estimated claim then they have to provide data in their defence and as i understand it they have to send you any documents they wish to use in their defence.

So i think one way or another you will get the data, its the timeframe and how difficult it could make it to claim from them.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA