• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

G.e.money Ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got finance off them in may 2001 for some new windows, anyway got diagnosed with a critical illness sept 2005 never thought anything about ppi on it untill last month, i only pay £23 a month on it at the time of finding out i had an illness this was least of my worries untill last month things have settled down a bit so i phoned them up an asked about it an they siad i did have ppi on it but it stopped before sept 2005 the finance was over 15 years yet the ppi only lasted less than 4 can this be true or are they having me off

information provided by ge at the time of your loan signing (or lack of it :mad:) would have stated the period covered.however this would only have been in small print probably 3/4 way through the insurance schedule.along with this should have been a policy document (within 14 days of you signing loan agreement ,SO YOU CAN BE SURE THE PRODUCT IS SUITABLE.ie:it covers only X years) stating what,who and how long you are covered .contact ge again find out who was the underwriter of the policy ,it may turn out that a policy was never even set up by ge .your premium even though you say is not much ,sorry but it sounds like your premium is front loaded and you will be paying for a policy that covered 4 years (ge say) for the term of the loan 15years = roughly 4k then interest on top :mad:.sounds like missold to me .cover the above get final response from ge ,ignore the fla and file at court. oh and be confident :)

phoned ge money up asked who the underwriters were they siad it was a company called pinnacle illtry an get in touch with them see what they say should i aso ask ge money for a cca or this account you are right about the 4k plus interest on top

thanks for the help new to all this

got finance off them in may 2001 for some new windows, anyway got diagnosed with a critical illness sept 2005 never thought anything about ppi on it untill last month, i only pay £23 a month on it at the time of finding out i had an illness this was least of my worries untill last month things have settled down a bit so i phoned them up an asked about it an they siad i did have ppi on it but it stopped before sept 2005 the finance was over 15 years yet the ppi only lasted less than 4 can this be true or are they having me off

Hello Truered,

This would indeed be true, this is a single front loaded ppi premium, which would only cover a short period of the term of the loan and it is the one most crititised by the fsa Financial Services Authority and the office of fair trading, this is why after a super complaint by the citizen advice bureau they have launched investigation in to the mis-selling of ppi.

The ppi premium attracts interest as well, They add the ppi to the amount borrowed and then apply interest to the total amount.

So they make money of a worthless policy and then more in interest, so they are on a win win situation.

Now these matters as to who is who and who did what, need to thoroughly researched to get to the bottom of who is responsible for selling you ppi. And this can take some time to get to the bottom of it all,

Can you give us a bit more information regarding your window purchase. Was it the company who sold you the windows who set up the loan????? You mention that ge money is the lender and pinnacle is the underwriter of the insurance.

Can you come back with some more info please.

As for your question regarding the fla, this is the financial leasing association who regulated the selling of insurances.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

thanks hhnf :) .truered21 i would now send both pinnacle and ge an sar and a reminder of their time limit to provde the info you require.

not stupid just taken in like all of us that what these banks tell us is whats right and suitable for what we require.

the loan was for windows off safestyle so would you say it was safestyle who miss sold me it

ill S.A.R. ge money an pinnicale should i ask for a CCA off ge money also

:-D A cagger after my own heart:grin: It twould be interesting to see it, do you know where to find the template letter

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

:grin: A cagger after my own heart:grin: It twould be interesting to see it, do you know where to find the template letter

can you send a link please cant find it im thick i no

an shou;d i send a cca to pinnicale also or just ge money for now

sent s.a.r to both yesterday

:grin: A cagger after my own heart:grin: It twould be interesting to see it, do you know where to find the template letter

can you send a link please cant find it im thick i no

an shou;d i send a cca to pinnicale also or just ge money for now

sent s.a.r to both yesterday

Hello,

Send this to ge money as they are the one that you have the loan with.

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Your need letter N send it recorded and enclose a one pound postal order, sign the letter with a big fat line though it, so you know if you see it again:wink:

It also might be an idea to approach the window company as well, as they obviously set the whole thing up and there is such a thing as commission based selling:mad:

• Haha 1

thanks for all the help everyone ill keep you all updated when i hear from them

this site is boss i would like to say (in my scouse accent outloud around the house)

thanks again

Hey truered, heard you from eear:lol::lol::lol:

You are most welcome and thanks for the click:grin:

• Haha 1

got a letter back off pinnacle today monday 13 oct 2008

10th october 2008

my name

my address

ref client (my name )

sort code __-__-__

account number ________ (both sort code an account number are not my present numbers they could be my account numbers at time of loan taken out in 2001 tho ill have try an find out about that)

dear sir/madam

please find attached a cheque recently sent to us by your above named customer.

unfortunatley, i am unable to locate a policy for this customer.i would therefore be grateful if you would return the cheque to the customer and advise them that we are unable to allocate their premium to their policy.should they wish to send us another cheque please ensure they quote their policy number on the reverse.

thank you for your co-operation and should you have any queries regarding this,please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department on above number.

yours sincerely

her sig

her name

new business department

enc: returned cheque

phoned up to try an find out whats going on girl siad cant find anything on me about this claim but she will look into it an phone me back in an hour or so that 3 hours ago still waiting

what next all you clever people out there

i think you may have found out why you couldn,t make a claim on the policy :mad:. i,m sure that now you will have to wait for ge to give you their final response before taking it further. knowing ge they will not agree to refund and put it back to you that you signed and agreed to t&c,s. you now need to read up on using the courts ,is their a cab near you they maybe able to guide you as well and there,s plenty of help about here:)

phoned pinnacle up asked why the siad in the letter they cant find me on there system yet they have bank detail of me

the girl says she cant understand it either an that she also cant find me on her system,i ask if she can put me through to that department that deals with it,she says she cant there is no number for that department so i asked to speak to someone higher up than her she says she cant but can put me through to there compliants department.

guy at the compliants department ask what the problem is an what was the policy for told him it was for windows an that i was going to cliam on having an illness an not being able to work then all of a sudden he says he has found it on his system an that it ran out in may 2006 i say thats ok cos i will be cliaming from sept 2005

he then says the policy had no critical illness cover on it only had sickness cover which covers upto 12 months out of work

i told him ok then seen has you have found the policy ill return the sar he says i dont have too he will just send a sickness cliams form out to me i told him ok but ill send the sar anyway

the plot thickens ill get to the bottom of it soon i hope

phoned pinnacle up asked why the siad in the letter they cant find me on there system yet they have bank detail of me

the girl says she cant understand it either an that she also cant find me on her system,i ask if she can put me through to that department that deals with it,she says she cant there is no number for that department so i asked to speak to someone higher up than her she says she cant but can put me through to there compliants department.

guy at the compliants department ask what the problem is an what was the policy for told him it was for windows an that i was going to cliam on having an illness an not being able to work then all of a sudden he says he has found it on his system an that it ran out in may 2006 i say thats ok cos i will be cliaming from sept 2005

he then says the policy had no critical illness cover on it only had sickness cover which covers upto 12 months out of work

i told him ok then seen has you have found the policy ill return the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) he says i dont have too he will just send a sickness cliams form out to me i told him ok but ill send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) anyway

the plot thickens ill get to the bottom of it soon i hope

Hello TR,

Sorry if I have misunderstood the post, but who sold you the policy, who applied it to the loan.

Was it the company who sold you the windows?????

What you have to know is that the selling of ppi attracts huge commission to who ever applies it.

If I have got this thread wrong I apologise,

It normally works like this you buy window, the window company sorts out the loan, If they apply ppi to the loan, they received commission from the loan company ie ge, who then received commission from the insurance company. So they are all on a win win situation. They all make money out of you for nothing.

I feel you have to start with the company that you bought the windows from and then when you get a bit more info go after after the others:-D

windows off (safe style)

loan off (ge money)

insurance (cardif pinnicale)

sorry to sound thick but what should i be asking who

i must admit they all seem to pass the buck when i speak to them on the phone

windows off (safe style)

loan off (ge money)

insurance (cardif pinnicale)

sorry to sound thick but what should i be asking who

i must admit they all seem to pass the buck when i speak to them on the phone

Hello TR,

Personally I would be approaching the window company asking for the mis-sold ppi to be refunded. They set up the loan and applied it:mad:

Please be mindful that Land of Leather was fined thousands of pounds by the Financial Services Authority, not for selling 3 piece leather suites, but applying ppi to the loans:-D

The selling of ppi insurance attracts huge commission. Ge also have to take responsibility for this as the broker.

Please do not be ringing these people, unless you record the telephone calls, you will get all confused and as you have found out, they really do not want to be helpful.

Start a paper trail, send all correspondence recorded delivery, you can track this by using the royalmail website, so you know they received the letters.

Where are you with figures, if you know them, send off a prelim letter asking them to return the payments back to you, stating your reasons for mis-selling.

Now I do not think that they will pay out straight away, but you keep at them and you may open up a can of worms and as you have stated they will blame each other. Their maybe a few letters to write and it may take some time, so the sooner you start the better

If you need any further assistance, just shout:-D

i only pay £23 a month so 12 x 23 = 276

what would i be able to cliam back if i went for miss sold

would it just be the ppi payments of about £2 a month for the 5 years it run which would 2 x 60 = 120 or is there other things to cliam

also is there nothing i can cliam about not being told about there not being no critical illness cover just sickness cover for a year

i only pay £23 a month so 12 x 23 = 276 since 2001:eek:then £276 for a further 7 years plus interest .if you find your cca it should show on it amount borrowed plus ppi .a way of looking at is one loan to buy windows ,another loan to buy a 4 year poilcy payable over the same period 15 years.the benefit payable on the policy amounts to the sum you repay monthly for the whole loan amount ,also consider you may have to pay your gp to countersign the claim form this could be about £18 ppm

replacement windows & doors £1060.00

less deposit £60.00

amount of credit for goods/ services £1000.00

protected paynent premium £144.97

total loan facility £1144.97

monthly rate of interest(variable in

the event of change in FNB base

lending rate -see condition 4 overleaf) 1.99%

APR (no account of any variation of

the rate or of the amount of interest

payable has taken place 28.5%

anticipated number of monthly repayments 120

minimum monthly repayment £25.15

started on 25 may 2001 paying £25.15 till may 2006 then went down to £23 a month an still is today

now i got my critical illness in sept 2005 so sorry to sound stupid but what should i be cliaming back should i go for the sickness cliam or it being miss sold

thanks for all the help by the way im rubbish at all this stuff