HSBC £72 charge

dynamixx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had £72 deducted from my HSBC current account, it appears under my statement as "pre-notified fees & charges", despite never being notified about this charge, and I'm trying to work out how they arrived at this figure. I did go over my limit that month by a relatively small amount, and I've heard of informal overdraft arrangement fees being £25, so I still can't work out why the figure was £72.

I'm in the process of trying to claim back my bank charges from HSBC, is there any way I can include this figure as part of the claim? Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can get a break-down of this charge, to see if a proportion of it could be used as part of my claim?

Hiya dynamixx and welcome to the HSBC forum :).

Have a look at your last bank statement it has a back page (yes the one that everyone throws away with the envelope :rolleyes:) this will detail how the bank has arrived at the charge they have deducted.

If your claim is still in the ping pong letter stage with HSBC then you can do what you want with your claim so yes add any new charges but if you have submitted it to the court then the figures are cast in stone and you will have to start another claim for the new charges :rolleyes:.

pete