Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another member to The Link Financial, Fan Club:

please click on the following:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221101-link-financial-investigation-assets.html

AC

long road,

the previous post was in relation to another Link Financial victim: lorry25;

a shocking tale of harassment...

Every Consumer really does have to just, stand up for their "Rights"!

Stand up for your "Rights";

STOP THE BULLIES...

STOP THEM WITH LEGISLATION;

THE "ACTS" & REGULATIONS:

The Consumer from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPR's) (CPUTR's)

AC

Edited by angry cat

by Kraken1:

"as for the cprs (CPUTR's) - we've seen that no-one is complaining to FOS about dcas (or so few as to not register) so i doubt the FOT or Trading Standards are getting any complaints either. The absence of complaints means an absence of any proof beyond reasonable doubt and therefore no prosecutions under the cputr"

http://www.out-law.com/page-9050

HMmmm, maybe he is right, perhaps no one is complaining?

AC

Edited by angry cat

In the post tomorrow to stink

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for another meaningless template letter dated xx where you assure me that you intend to reply within 14 working days. Well considering the incredible delicate situation your companys actions have placed me in I expected an immediate and thorough investigation to have taken place and a reply well within that 14 working days yet despite the fact that it is now TWENTY FIVE working days since i received this letter I am yet to hear anything further from you at all.

I am extremely upset that you have chosen to ignore this matter, I wish to assure you that continuing to ignore this issue will not make it go away and will just further strengthen my resolve to get justice for what you have done and continue to do with your reckless and careless attitude to peoples confidential data and cavalier attitude to anyone who dares to complain.

It quite frankly beggars belief that with something potentially serious you have not kept me closely informed as to the progress (or lack thereof) of my extremely serious complaint.

I am keeping the OFT, FOS, Trading Standards and my MP, Kate Hoey and Wayne David (the MPs for the areas your offices are in) fully appraised of my ongoing situation and I have also made Gordon Brown and David Cameron aware of what is happening to the students who are sold out by the government to disreputable ****** companies such as yours.

I promise you this will not go away and urge you to take this matter very seriously, of course should you now wish to make an offer of cash settlement we are prepared to listen but any such offer would also be conditional of a full written apology and of course we would not be prepared to sign any form of non disclosure agreement other than these terms you will find us quite flexible, we can also setup a payment plan to suit your budget

I wish I had seen this website 5 years ago.

After much stress from these leechees, and the ongoing anziety that DLC, 1st Credit, CL finance, And Link have put me through , after suffering a Heart attack which put me on the slippery slope of debt, I welcome sites such as this.

Main question is this. I have been paying a small amount as pro rata payments to these DRA's for the last 5 years, if I send them a CCA and they do not respond , can I tell them to F*** off even though I have been paying them? and does this constitute as acknowledging the debt.

thanks in advance

I wish I had seen this website 5 years ago.

After much stress from these leechees, and the ongoing anziety that DLC, 1st Credit, CL finance, And Link have put me through , after suffering a Heart attack which put me on the slippery slope of debt, I welcome sites such as this.

Main question is this. I have been paying a small amount as pro rata payments to these DRA's for the last 5 years, if I send them a CCA and they do not respond , can I tell them to F*** off even though I have been paying them? and does this constitute as acknowledging the debt.

thanks in advance

Welcome zolajack!

So sorry that you have suffered so much anxiety:(

DLC, 1st Credit and CL Finance are not exactly nice;

Link Financial are on the same level.

Please tell us who the original Creditor was?

what was the debt for?

and;

who you have been making the payments to?

A little more information please.

Thanks Angry Cat for the reply

CL finance for HFC CCard @ £20 pm @ £2400 Balance

Link Financial for BofS / MBNA CCard @pm £10 @ £1910 balance

1St Credit for MBNA Loan @ £20 @ £3690 balance

DLC For Citi bank CCard £16pm @ £1034 balance

The funny thing is/ was, some muppet from DLC phoned me last week asking for an increase on my payments even though I told him my pips had been squeesed to the max. He asked me to send in a updated income / expenditure form. I told him that if I did another Pro Rata then DLC's payments would likely to fall.Reply was We'll see to that.

So sent the I/E form which showed that at the end the the month I had a total of £15 pw surplus.

Lo and behold a few days later an Asian sounding caller wanted to go through my forms Ok Said gullible me, he kept refering to his legal team all this time ( my legal team think this my legal team thinks that) We went through them all untill it came to my Sky/ Broad band, which his "legal team" Thought of being a luxury, and it was time for Bailiffs to call and collect such luxuries.

At this point if this "Telephone Commando" had said it to my face I would have decked him.

After reading the other threads on hear I now know that there is nothing to worry about these pond life's and have CCA's ready to go to the above, but does it matter that I have paid them for the last five years.

Thanks in anticipation

by zolajack:

Lo and behold a few days later an Asian sounding caller wanted to go through my forms Ok Said gullible me, he kept refering to his legal team all this time ( my legal team think this my legal team thinks that) We went through them all untill it came to my Sky/ Broad band, which his "legal team" Thought of being a luxury, and it was time for Bailiffs to call and collect such luxuries.

At this point if this "Telephone Commando" had said it to my face I would have decked him."

OOH Naughty, naughty, threatening Bailiffs;

Pity you had not recorded that conversation!

It is up to you, as to whether you wish to challenge the authenticity of the agreement(s) upon which they rely.

If so, then make Request(s) under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974; requesting a true 'executed' (signed) copy of the (alleged) Consumer Credit Agreement and any other document referred to in it.

The statutory fee payable is: £1 GBP, mark this payment: (postal order is best)

CCA STATUTORY FEE ONLY.

As stated above, they have 12 working days + 2 for postal delivery to reply.

AC

Haven't heard from Link for a while but HL Legal are going all out. Got a notice of court proceedings last week. Lorry25, mine was also car loan originally with GE Money. It is a Fixed-Sum Loan Agreement so the car cannot be repossessed! Not the same as Hire Purchase:eek:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/161277-aa99-ge-money-car.html

Should I be worried:-?

You have been paying them in good faith, but now that you want to ask for a CCA and if they can't produce one, or if the one they produce isn't enforcable, then they have a problem - doesn't matter that you were paying them.

And remember, it isn't just the 'agreement' as even if that is enforceable, the assignment docs and the DN can also be trump cards for you.

Magda

Absolutely amazing isn't it? Well, I wonder what TS/OFT will have to say about this. Just goes to show though, someone less informed could quite easily have done as Link asked and ended up with a judgement against them. Magda

Absolutely amazing isn't it? Well, I wonder what TS/OFT will have to say about this. Just goes to show though, someone less informed could quite easily have done as Link asked and ended up with a judgement against them. Magda

Yes, I also wonder?

And, what will the Court Manager have to say about the matter?

AC

As a matter of urgency!

anyone who has or, is going to be issued with a County Court Claim by Link Financial Limited.

Please read Post number 45 of the following thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/221243-link-financial-check-out-3.html

AC

Niiiiiice:cool: Can we get a template of that letter so we could all do the same with our local courts and MP:???:

I copied my MP in again in a letter re my utility bills. He's quite an action man for the consumer:wink: