Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, apparently they are a part of Link, this thread might be of interest:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/163123-thesis-servicing-caerphilly.html

Might be a good idea to contact Thesis and ask them to prove that they actually have a legal right to collect on the debt, i.e., copy of the agreement, Notice of Assignment and statement of account, if they claim to have purchased the debt. Until you are sure what it happening, I would cancel the DD with your bank and arrange to make the payments some other way. They shouldn't be able to take payments in any case if you haven't actually set up a DD with them, but if they are a part of Link, it's hardly surprising....

Magda

Thesis and Instantsilver are trading names of Link Financial Limited

AC

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Note that later student loans are not your normal run of the mill credit agreements. They don't need to take court action to enforce for eg.

Yes, we know that!

Thank You Kraken.

AC

Business must be very good:rolleyes: No wonder Paul Burdell can afford to live in the most exclusive area of London:

Squeeze is good for ‘repo man’ Paul Burdell - Times Online

“A company that buys distress assets is suddenly fashionable - everybody wants to be us,” said Burdell." Not me thank you very much! I thought it was just MPs who are out of touch with public opinion?

It is apparent that the Burdells can afford the planned demolishing and building of their home by perusal of public information from the company reports of LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED and the ultimate owning company in Dublin (LCH EUROPEAN PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS LIMITED – of which MORGAN STANLEY STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS LIMITED is a shareholder). See attached company reports.

It appears from Google photographs (see attached) that Mr Burdell and his wife live at the junction of The Boltons and their next-door cottage is in Gilston Road. The Sunday Times report of 3rd May 2009 was published on Selina Burdell’s 40th birthday as noted from the LINK Company report.

HTH – Richard.

Attached:

SEE ALSO:

LONDON EVENING STANDARD REPORT

US banker joins the underground trend with £10m plan to rebuild his two homes | News

PRESS RELEASE: LINK LAUNCHES THESIS TO ADMINISTER STUDENT LOANS

AfterDawn.com: Press releases: LINK Financial Launches Thesis Servicing - a Brand Dedicated to Student Loan Servicing

4th WORLD FENCA CONGRESS IN NICE, FRANCE 2008 – SPONSORED BY LINK

FENCA - Photo Gallery

Very interesting. Amazing how they can make so much money out of so much misery. Perhaps we should organise a day trip now that we know where they Live, perhaps they will have us all ('The Link fanclub') over for tea... Magda

“A company that buys distress assets is suddenly fashionable - everybody wants to be us,” said Burdell." Not me thank you very much! I thought it was just MPs who are out of touch with public opinion?

It is apparent that the Burdells can afford the planned demolishing and building of their home by perusal of public information from the company reports of LINK FINANCIAL LIMITED and the ultimate owning company in Dublin (LCH EUROPEAN PORTFOLIO HOLDINGS LIMITED – of which MORGAN STANLEY STRATEGIC INVESTMENTS LIMITED is a shareholder). See attached company reports.

It appears from Google photographs (see attached) that Mr Burdell and his wife live at the junction of The Boltons and their next-door cottage is in Gilston Road. The Sunday Times report of 3rd May 2009 was published on Selina Burdell’s 40th birthday as noted from the LINK Company report.

HTH – Richard.

Attached:

SEE ALSO:

LONDON EVENING STANDARD REPORT

US banker joins the underground trend with £10m plan to rebuild his two homes | News

PRESS RELEASE: LINK LAUNCHES THESIS TO ADMINISTER STUDENT LOANS

AfterDawn.com: Press releases: LINK Financial Launches Thesis Servicing - a Brand Dedicated to Student Loan Servicing

4th WORLD FENCA CONGRESS IN NICE, FRANCE 2008 – SPONSORED BY LINK

FENCA - Photo Gallery

Very interesting information RS

Note that in the following, Link Receivable Management state that theie registered address is, Fitzwilton House, same address as LCH European Portfolio Holdings Limited:

Link Financial :: Customer

Obviously, both are registered in RI...Snouts in the Trough of Securitisation perhaps?

Edited by angry cat
addition

Well Link are now in Default of my CCA request. Happy days for now :)

Welcome to the Link Financial Fan Club!

Let us hope that Link behave themselves whilst you are waiting...

AC

Yes, seems Link are their usual charming self. I think they will struggle to adhere to the conditions imposed on renewal of their licence.... time will tell. Magda

Indeed!

Time will tell;

Tick Tock, Tick Tock...

If any member, has a problem with Link Financial please post up your experience on this thread, as well as your own.

Thank You.

AC

I have a thread mentioning this but latest post received no comment :(

anywhoos, my prob is:

got ccj/charging order from the nasty bunch.

Paid the whole ccj but they will not confirm this untill I pay charges for C/O, (around £250). Also tried to apply interest which they would need to take me to court for and additionaly wanted to add more than original agreement too!

Debt line etc confirm I am entitled to receipt confirming ccj is paid as do A/L but so far have failed to send out correct letter.

Bully boy tactics from them here.

I have a thread mentioning this but latest post received no comment :(

anywhoos, my prob is:

got ccj/charging order from the nasty bunch.

Paid the whole ccj but they will not confirm this untill I pay charges for C/O, (around £250). Also tried to apply interest which they would need to take me to court for and additionaly wanted to add more than original agreement too!

Debt line etc confirm I am entitled to receipt confirming ccj is paid as do A/L but so far have failed to send out correct letter.

Bully boy tactics from them here.

Was this an ex First National Debt. I know they can continue to charge contractual interest following judgement as I had debts with this company, now with Link. They would have to sue separately for that in court though, and I believe this is yet to be done, just that in theory they could. I would start a thread on the Legal forum if I were you, if you haven't already - where did you post your thread and do you have a link? also perhaps someone on here can advise a bit more. Magda

Hi Tierisch, yes, the more complaints the better, at least it all seems to be headed in the right direction now, and in future, OFT will have to take notice if Link get up to their old tricks.

Hi Tierisch, yes, the more complaints the better, at least it all seems to be headed in the right direction now, and in future, OFT will have to take notice if Link get up to their old tricks.

unfair business practices which will call into question fitness to retain or be given a licence. It is expected that applicants and licence holders will abide by the spirit as well as the letter of this guidance.

3. Section 2.6.j of the OFT's debt collection guidance makes clear that that the OFT considers that acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor is an unfair business practice.

4. Following implementation of the OFT's new powers under the Consumer Credit Act 2006 on 6 April 2008, where the OFT is dissatisfied with any matter in connection with a business, a proposal to carry on a business or any other conduct by a licensee, associate or former associate, the OFT may impose 'requirements' on the licensed business. Requirements may require a business to do or not to do (or to cease doing) anything specified for the purposes connected with addressing the OFT's dissatisfaction, or securing that matters of the same or a similar kind do not arise.

5. Failure to comply with a requirement could lead to a fine of up to £50,000 and/or be grounds for revocation of a consumer credit licence."

AC

Was this an ex First National Debt. I know they can continue to charge contractual interest following judgement as I had debts with this company, now with Link. They would have to sue separately for that in court though, and I believe this is yet to be done, just that in theory they could. I would start a thread on the Legal forum if I were you, if you haven't already - where did you post your thread and do you have a link? also perhaps someone on here can advise a bit more. Magda

Yes most certainly was a F/N debt and indead they do have to sue to get it, will post in legal dept, thanks Magda xx

unfair business practices which will call into question fitness to retain or be given a licence. It is expected that applicants and licence holders will abide by the spirit as well as the letter of this guidance.

3. Section 2.6.j of the OFT's debt collection guidance makes clear that that the OFT considers that acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor is an unfair business practice.

4. Following implementation of the OFT's new powers under the Consumer Credit Act 2006 on 6 April 2008, where the OFT is dissatisfied with any matter in connection with a business, a proposal to carry on a business or any other conduct by a licensee, associate or former associate, the OFT may impose 'requirements' on the licensed business. Requirements may require a business to do or not to do (or to cease doing) anything specified for the purposes connected with addressing the OFT's dissatisfaction, or securing that matters of the same or a similar kind do not arise.

5. Failure to comply with a requirement could lead to a fine of up to £50,000 and/or be grounds for revocation of a consumer credit licence."

AC

If they do step out of line (or should I say when) we will all be waiting to pounce.

Yes most certainly was a F/N debt and indead they do have to sue to get it, will post in legal dept, thanks Magda xx

The thing that really annoys me about these companies, in this case Link, is that they bought that FN debt for a fraction of the original value, then added interest and then took you to court to recover the full amount, which you have paid back, and yet they are still digging around for more.... Their greed is beyond belief. I hope you manage to get this all sorted and put Link in their place, Magda

by MAGDA:

The thing that really annoys me about these companies, in this case Link, is that they bought that FN debt for a fraction of the original value, then added interest and then took you to court to recover the full amount, which you have paid back, and yet they are still digging around for more.... Their greed is beyond belief. I hope you manage to get this all sorted and put Link in their place, Magda"

Link was founded 11 years ago;

Obviously the;

by TIMESONLINE:

"Squeeze is good for 'REPO MAN' Paul Burdell;

At least someone is doing well out of the recession - the 'repo man'

A company that buys distressed assets is suddenly fashionable-

everybody wants to be us", said Burdell, although some customers have complained about Link's methods.

Complained they have!

AC

If they do step out of line (or should I say when) we will all be waiting to pounce.

The thing that really annoys me about these companies, in this case Link, is that they bought that FN debt for a fraction of the original value, then added interest and then took you to court to recover the full amount, which you have paid back, and yet they are still digging around for more.... Their greed is beyond belief. I hope you manage to get this all sorted and put Link in their place, Magda

Will be sending copy of statement showing payments totalling full ccj amount to court with letter stating they refuse to comply.

by MAGDA:

The thing that really annoys me about these companies, in this case Link, is that they bought that FN debt for a fraction of the original value, then added interest and then took you to court to recover the full amount, which you have paid back, and yet they are still digging around for more.... Their greed is beyond belief. I hope you manage to get this all sorted and put Link in their place, Magda"

Link was founded 11 years ago;

Obviously the;

by TIMESONLINE:

"Squeeze is good for 'REPO MAN' Paul Burdell;

At least someone is doing well out of the recession - the 'repo man'

A company that buys distressed assets is suddenly fashionable-

everybody wants to be us", said Burdell, although some customers have complained about Link's methods.

Complained they have!

AC

Yes, and 'some customers have complained' creates the impression that only a small amount of people are unhappy with Link, which we know if far from true.

Will be sending copy of statement showing payments totalling full ccj amount to court with letter stating they refuse to comply.

Good luck with this, hope it all works out ok for you. Magda