style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

This is my first post to this site , so please advise me if I'm posting in the wrong section :).

I applied to transfer my credit card balance to an interest free deal and was turned down. This lead me to ask for my credit file from Experian. I was appalled to see that Vodafone had registered a default against my then perfect credit history, for £39.

I immediately contacted Vodafone and was told that I had defaulted on my mobile phone contract. I did have an 18 mth contract with Vodafone but this had ended in March 2007 when I transfered to Orange. I forgot about this contract and carried on paying by DD but did not use any airtime.

However, in Dec 2007 prior to moving house I called Vodafone and said I was out of contract etc and they advised me to cancel the DD etc. I happily went off into the sunset....

However, they had no record of this conversation and because I moved house I did not receive the Default notice etc so I had no idea this was happening.

When I spoke to them last night I paid the £39, against my better judgement but I was in such a panic, and their collections dept said they would contact Quality Assurance with my request to remove the defualt. Apparently they will respond within 7 days.

I have read through these threads and realise I am in for a fight to get this default removed.

Where do I go from here? should I submit S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? I have also read about letter templates for dealing with this issue and understand that persistance is the key...where would I find these templates?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I cannot believe this is happening.

Many thanks

K

Unless you can prove ANY error on Vodafone's part - the 'removal' of the default means it will simply be renamed, to one where the default is shown as satisfied. Many folk erroneously assume that when the debt is paid off, the default will disappear, it will not - it will be shown only as being paid, but the possible stigma of it will remain for 6 years from the date the original default was applied.

Only by identifying an irregularity - the lack of a 'default notice' isn't one, as the contract wasn't;t regulated under the CCA so this would be a non starter. Only Vodafone has the ability to remove it, unless they ignore your requests to negotiate and only then can the CRA step in to prevent a DPA breach.