gargoil v RBS ***SETTLED IN FULL***

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gargoil,

Hope your claim is going well, just a quick question or two, did you claim for any charges on you overdraft, my overdraft was going over the limit due to unpaid direct debits, so they charged £30 for that and a further £20 at the end of the month, can i claim for both. any help would be appreciated, as would any helpful tips, as i am only at the Sars stage, so waiting on statements, but reckon I'll be claiming a few grand.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup you can claim both of those charges. My claim was mainly made up of excess overdraft charges/maintenance (whatever that is!?!) and returned DD charges. They are all reclaimable!! Good luck, BOS were quite quick to send out the SAR info; 3-4 weeks!! :)

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

How long after handing in court papers doesthe court normally notify you of the return/hearing date?

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

How long after handing in court papers doesthe court normally notify you of the return/hearing date?

Hi Gargoil,

By court papers, do you mean the AQ ??

Tomba90

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

- Mahatma Gandhi

No, sorry I mean the original court summons, handed them in last Friday and not heard anything yet! Champing at the bit!! :)

BOS

Not sure if it is different in Scotland. I understand we get a return date (date before which the bank has to acknowledge/defend etc!) then a hearing date!!

BOS

I did my MCOL on 21st June against Yorkshire Bank and haven't got a court date yet, but that may not be typical.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A week now and no word from the court. Phoned them up yesterday and they said a letter would have been posted to me by now. Hurry up. hurry up!! Can you tell I'm not patient!!!?Lol!! Gonna have another 2 court summons to hand in shortly for Cap One and Smile but was wanting to know what was happening with this first!!

Have you been told why it is taking so long Caro?

BOS

Received notice from court today forboth RBOS and BOS, both happening on the same day,RBOS allocation number SA953/06.

Return Date: 6/10/2006

Hearing Date: 13/10/2006

Hope its not too long now!!!! :)

BOS

Have you been told why it is taking so long Caro?

Well gargoil your question prompted me to find out. I rang the court and they are at least 3 weeks behind due to problems at the courts, and are still dealing with July cases. I was told it would be at least another 3 weeks before I hear anything. I am getting used to delays now and just keep thinking of all the extra interest. :p

Let's hope your case is quicker.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'll have summons for Cap One and Smile shortly, theres 5 courts within 30 mins drive from me so was gonna phone them all to see who had the quickest ETA for return/hearing date and then just go to th eone with the soonest!! :)

BOS

• 2 weeks later...

No update son court case but RBS have charged me £28 on 4th September! Prelim letter being emailed straight to Tommy McClean!!!

BOS

Hi,

Been reading your posts with interest as I'm about to take on the RBoS in Scotland and most other posts seem to be based in England. Believe it or not it was actually a member of staff at the bank who advised me to take them on (off the record of course) but at the time I didn't realise I could go back 6 years. As it stands I have only sent the very first letter which is for £1300 of charges over just 4 months (it was a bad few months) but would be at least double that if I go further back. Since the small claims court is limited in Scotland anyway thought I'll stick with my initial claim then worry about the rest later - it's scary enough as it is! :(

Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and can't wait to hear how you get on. We seem to have picked on of the worst to take on!

Suzanne

RBoS - claiming charges of £3868

17/1/07 - Offer for full amount!! WON!!

3/1/07 - LBA Deadline - reminder e-mail sent

16/12/06 - LBA Sent

27/11/06 - Prelim Letter Sent - no reply at all

17/11/06 - Statements received

12/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

No update son court case but RBS have charged me £28 on 4th September! Prelim letter being emailed straight to Tommy McClean!!!

Gargoil,

I've been charged again since putting my claim in, do you think this letter will get you any success ???

Tomba90

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

- Mahatma Gandhi

I'VE JUST WON!!!!! :D :D :D MY FIRST WIN, I'M ALL EMOTIONAL!!

So much for the big fight and delays from RBOS. This is the first contact I've had with them since handing in court papers. Donation on way when funds clear!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

BOS

Congrats Gargoil. Presumably they have sent you a letter to sign mentioning confidentiality. Just cross out any conditions they want to impose, sign acceptance and return it to them.

YIPPEE

• Confused 1

Nope no letter to sign, just says to confirm my acceptance in writing and they'll pay up and notify court. Am still using this account and have no debt to RBOS so I am wondering if they'll close this account. Have parrachute ready just in case!! :D

BOS

PS Thanks for your support/guidance on all my threads caro!! :D

BOS

~~~~~CONGRATULATIONS~~~~~~

Enjoy your win, hopefully they will do the same with me in the very near future!

Well done

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

Congratulations! Just read all you thread, that was well funny what you told the wunch of bankers at your branch, 'it's more important to you then it is to me that it doesn't get lost'. Makes them move their a***s double time.

Have you tried the where you casually drop into conversation with them "lovely day isn't it?...so how does it feel to be working for a sleazy corporation with illegal practices where possibly a third of employees wages are made of charges that the OFT advises are illicit. Have you never been inspired to choose a more charitable career path because there are lots available? I don’t know how I could ever live with myself for being the poodles of thieves. My kids would make me more proud by telling me that they were second hand car dealers then working in a bank you know.

My greetings to Howard.

Good luck with Smile etc, encourage more people to post on my thread other than yourself as well ;)

...illegal practices ...

One piece of advice, never ever use this term in any of your correspondense!!

Correct term is unlawful practices instead! ;)

Keep an eye on my BOS thread Ray as I'm hoping they will pay out within the next few weeks as well before the return date on 6th October!

BOS