• Tweets

• So, was there any mention of the contravention code “104 Stopping to pick up/drop off in a restricted zone.” in the contract you received? It doesn't appear in the contract that others have shared. Without this, on what authority can VCS issue the PCN?
    • ou have received a claim form.   firstly - read all the posts in this thread FIRST...   then copy this first msg to your thread - and put your answer after each question   In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us]   Name of the Claimant ? Give answer here   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. Give answer here   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Pwas issued small court claims form as the owner keeper by gladstones solicitor. Particulars of the claim: parked in breach of terms on signage ( @ location x) incurring PCN 9parking charge notice) PCN not paid in 28days. Claimant claims unpaid pcn from defendent as driver/keeper. despite demands being made defendant failed to settle outstanding liability. I was not driver. Driver is known to owner. received letters initial from UK Car park management Limited. (IPC memeber) Refused passing on driver info until they had provided all details of their right to mangage parking re contract with landlord, all images and evidence etc. This was by letter not via their appeals service. Letter was not responded to. (or refused can't remember exactly will check) details of the event. Night, signs not directly lit, small size writing poor placement. Parked on loading bay. Sign for loading bay was arguably not clearly marked, small sign high up behind the space, not visible as driving into it. floor markings under car not visible once parked, and poorly light. Private warden came, driver was by vehicle whole time, warden alerted driver to the fact they couldn't park there, driver removed the vehicle immediately on being informed of the restrictions.   What is the total value of the claim? Claimant claims £100 for PCN, £60 contractual  re Ts & Cs + £21 statutory interest.   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Received many letters most probably got one advising of a claim if not paid etc (will check)   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? address not changed since claim   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? no address change not needed Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? No agreement (after 2007 but no agreement)   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Give answer here   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Claimant issued   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Give answer here   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? N/A   Why did you cease payments?N/A What was the date of your last payment? N/A Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? N/A Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? N/A     More Details:   Defence was filed with small claims court. : Defence points were, no agreement, signs not visible/readable, no opportunity for arbitration before making a claim. Their independent Appeals service (required as part of their right to access DVLA info) is not independent as it's funded by the parking company and their paid lobbying group IPC.   Claimant has sent N180 directions questionnaire.   Defendent (me) has not filled N180 yet . Not sure what to answer.
    • Music executive Riki Bleau shares his business advice for our CEO Secrets series.View the full article
    • The coffee and sandwich chain says it hopes to open 200 shops and double in size within five years.View the full article
    • The National Audit Office says 134,000 pensioners, mostly women, were affected by a preventable scandal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Eversheds County Court Paperwork / **SUCCESS**

goonerhenry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All posted, the letter and costs claim to eversheds and the pre trial check list to the courts, i will update when i receive anything.

Fingers crossed they'll reply its an admin error and discontinue forthwith.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

lets hope so, even if they dont discontinue they still haven't filed a WS or completed the pre trial check list, so they are not covering themselves in any glory with the courts

All of which will be ignored and they'll be given more time to do so.

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Yep, hit them big!

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

sounds about right, but as they havent got a WS in yet, im expecting them to get the NOD to the courts, just in their own time!!

All of which will be ignored and they'll be given more time to do so.

still no reply from eversheds, but the courts have confirmed they have received the discontinuation notice, so in the words of th woman i spoke to 'i no longer need to worry about it', well until they try and come knocking again that is!!, is it worth chasing eversheds regarding the exopenses and more importantly the letter saying they wont chase me for the money?? or should i give it a few more days??

rec'd a letter from eversheds today thanking me for my letter and saying they have passed it to their client, how long should i wait for a response?

Edited by goonerhenry

It depends on how much you want your other requests (apart from costs) to be met. As I understand the rules on discontinuance (and I'm learning new things every day), there is no time limit on when you can go to court to settle costs. So if they don't agree to your Bill of Costs, you can still make an application for costs.

However, I think you only have 28 days from receipt of the Notice to file an objection with the court. After that time, the Discontinuance stands with effect from the date of service (12 June in your case I think?).

If they haven't agreed in writing not to take further action or pass any debt on to a third party, then you are stuck. Personally, I wouldn't trust Arrow Global not to take any further action, but I stress that is my opinion. Another Cagger has just posted that Arrow Global have taken the claim back from Cope's, taken the claim 'in-house' and issued a statutory demand bringing with it the possibility of bankruptcy. Admittedly, I don't think that case had got to court and I would have thought that a judge would dismiss a SD if you could produce a Notice of Discontinuance for the same debt. But you would have to go through the process of getting the SD set aside. I wouldn't trust Arrow not to have another tactic up their sleeve.

gh

In view of the tight timescale, it might be worth calling the solicitors to chase, rather than writing. Otherwise you could find if they reply at all, you are out of time.

was thinking that but liked the idea of it being in writing as they could say one thing and do another, surely the courts would look at the fact that they didnt receive the NOA until last week??

Quite true, but at least you might get an idea of what stage they are at or whether they are just dragging their heels so you run out of time.

Do you have a mobile that will record the call?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

im being fobbed off by eversheds, they are saying the person i need to speak to isnt avaliable, what am i best to do, am i best to get something in writing to them?

Yes.. send it Special Delivery :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D