Eversheds County Court Paperwork / **SUCCESS**

goonerhenry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no i was only in arrears for £887.30 the total outstanding was £6166.15.

definalty not got the credit agreement, not even from mbna, what are your first thoughts, is it worth me making a fuss or should i admit and get on with paying it off?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate but have just read your post again and if im reading it right your saying that because they only gave me 12 days to respond then they can only claim for the arrears of £887.30 and not the full amount is that right? also techinically they gave me 14 days from the date of the letter, do they by law have to give the letter time to arrive?

Gooner, you'd be crazy to admit to this claim. Listen,

Have a long careful read of the law I quoted in my post no22. See what section 87(1)(b) says? it refers to 'earlier payment', that is payment of money due ordinarily in the future but which under the contract might be accelerated into becoming payable earlier than it would otherwise have been payable if there was a breach of the contract by you. If the creditor wants to take advantage and claim immediately what would be payable in the future, he's got to comply with section 88.

Next, see what section 88(2) says up there in post no22? It says the date given in the notice for compliance 'must not be less than 14 days after the date of service of the default notice.'

The date of service is deemed to occur on the 2nd day after posting where first class post is used.

In this case MBNA didn't give you those 14 days. That means their claim is limited to anything which doesn't represent 'earlier payment'. That would be £887.30 or the true arrears whichever was the lesser.

so like I said, you'd be crazy to admit to this debt. Your maximum liability just tumbled from £6K odd to less than a grand.

x20

Incredible 'en it? It's consumer protection in action; doing what it says on the tin.

OK, from now on we keep that card up our sleeve for a couple or so weeks. The DN is trashed so we see what else we can shave off this claim. That's where the CPR 31.14 letter comes in. In view of the fact you have corrected your information about the information about the DN, that CPR 31.14 letter might as well get launched. It would still be a good idea to post the DN though. There may be other shortcomings in it besides the ones I have mentioned.

Sweet dreams.

x20

right i will get the DN scanned and posted up on here today, i will also get the letter off to eversheds requesting copies of the information in the letter you outlined earlier, do i need to send them a cheque for a £1 to cover any copying costs as well?, do i also need to comlete and return the acknowledgement of service form, if yes do i intend to defend all the claim or the juristiction?

Edited by goonerhenry

also do i need to let the courts know that i intend to defend? the letter arrived last saturday, so im guessing i have til a week this saturday to let them know, is it best to do it now or wait to see what eversheds have to offer?

Gooner,

I've seen the DN and do not believe I can rip any more off the claim owing to any further shortcomings in it. Even so, on the strength of the shortcoings so far we've got the liability down to around £400.00 or so I'd say. We'll have to see if there are any other grounds which emerge once the other side have disclosed the documents we have asked for.

Meantime, you should return your acknowledgement of service to the court indicating you intend to defend all of the claim.

x20

excellent mate, am i right in saying i can do this over the internet? also just out of interest even if i do go through this and the court decide i have to pay x amount, can this still be spread over a certain amount or time and do i still receive a county cour judgement against myself?

I gather the court is at Bradford in which case I understand the acknowledgement will have to be returned through the post. As far as I'm aware it's only through MoneyClaim Online based at Northampton where certain stuff can be sent over the internet.

Certainly Bradford has an email filing facility as follows 'e-filing[at]bradford.countycourt.gsi.gov.uk', but whether they would let you use this for sending your acknowledgement I wouldn't like to say.

Call Bradford Customer Services on 01274 840274. Tell them you've just been talking to surface agent x20 and ask to speak to Commander Shore.:D

x20

right thats the acknoledgement of service off to the court, eversheds should be currently opening their letter and running round trying to find anything but hopefully nothing, so i guess i just wait for the next 7 days to pass and see what happens

I gather the court is at Bradford in which case I understand the acknowledgement will have to be returned through the post. As far as I'm aware it's only through MoneyClaim Online based at Northampton where certain stuff can be sent over the internet.

Certainly Bradford has an email filing facility as follows 'e-filing[at]bradford.countycourt.gsi.gov.uk', but whether they would let you use this for sending your acknowledgement I wouldn't like to say.

Call Bradford Customer Services on 01274 840274. Tell them you've just been talking to surface agent x20 and ask to speak to Commander Shore.:D

x20

And hopefully the reply you'd get would be -

"Stand by for Action! We're about to launch Stingray! Anything can happen within the next half hour!"

:cool:

send them a cheque

My choice would be a postal order because it would not give them my bank account details and a copy of my signature.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

x20

If its at Bradford and not Northampton (online) shouldn't they have had to attach a copy of the documentation agreed to in the POC?

Can I ask a really stupid question? If the debtor had complied with the DN issued by Arrow Global and therefore remedied the breach, surely the credit card agreement would have continued. If so, how would Arrow be able to offer a credit agreement without a credit licence? Does this mean that the DN is defective because the remedy required was not of itself capable of returning the parties to the position they were at prior to the breach?

Edited by Docman
typo

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request