Eversheds County Court Paperwork / **SUCCESS**

goonerhenry
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right i think i have had the best news ever, but would like you guys to clarify, i have had a Notice of Discontinuance from eversheds, i have not had a proper read as im at work, but will do later, where do i stand now, do i still owe the money or can i stop paying?

Well blow me down with a feather....

A gooner has "won" something this year :-D

They've withdrawn the claim, their case was weak and they've realised it

S.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to ensure that discontinue has been filed on the court case asap.

As far as I understand it though you still have the debt but they cant chase you again for it in court as they've had their one bite (THIS NEEDS TO BE CONFIRMED) as you had already filed a defence against the claim :-D

Also they're liable for your costs :-D

S.

Read from post 242 onwards in the following thread, you may be able to claim for costs.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/149589-help-please-re-ccj-25.html#post2050117

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well blow me down with a feather....

A gooner has "won" something this year :-D

S.

lol..cudnt let that go by without comment...sorry gooner.:D:D

well dun by the way

cheers citb, have had a read through and after confirming with the courts, i need to bang a letter out asking for costs and ensuring that they will not be chasing the debt is the first place to start

Ok, that is good news then. it will give me great pleasure to change your title.. :-D And move you to legal successes. :D

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Right in that case, I will get the moving van out again... let me know when you know for sure. :D

Right, you are back where you started.:)

BCOBS

cheers citb, i will post a copy up of the notice of discontinuance up tonight, double check with the courts on monday, then start thinking about getting them to stop chasing full stop, also wanted to say a massive thanks to anyone who has given me any help or support through this case, i cant fault any little bit of advice that i have been given and i would have currently had a ccj and been paying god knows what without your advice

Let us know what the court says!

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

- This quote has been attributed to Mark Twain

I think they will struggle not discontinuing when they've sent you a copy of the notice.

It's probably just the bleeding Court receive it as well and having to wait 5 days the post! :mad:

thought the same to be honest cars, if nothing else i have a letter i can send the courts that shows what they intend to do, but will double check on monday, will also have a look over the weekend at claiming some expenses and also trying to get them to stop chasing the debt altogether

thought the same to be honest cars, if nothing else i have a letter i can send the courts that shows what they intend to do, but will double check on monday, will also have a look over the weekend at claiming some expenses and also trying to get them to stop chasing the debt altogether

Surfaceagentx20 did a fantastic wasted costs expose.. I think its on the site somewhere but if not I've downloaded the info if you want it posted.

S.

I don't think that's necessary. (Chasing to confirm they won't chase the debt)

As they have discontinued, they are unlikely to be able to bring a claim on a similar basis - if they try to, they will have to convince a Judge regarding what the original discontinuation was down to and why they should be able to reclaim on the same basis. Generally, a Defendant isn't usually expected to defend the same claim twice, as that would be unjust.

I suspect, then, that the debt will be written off following this.

cheers cars, what would i be best to do then, i obviously cant just assume they will write it off, do i need to mention it when i claim back my expenses, plus if they do write it off am i able to claim back the money i have paid them? or am i just being a little greedy?