3 Moibile Broadband

emmarapid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an 18month contact with 3, for their mobile broadband, however I have loast the 'dongle' and sim. 3 want to charge £5 to replace the sim and £30 for the dongle.

I dont mind paying for the dongle - but not £30!!! and are they allowed to charge for the sim - I didnt think so.

Emma

I paid £90 for my dongle - the current price is now £49, so the £30 is a fair price for a new replacement. You lost the SIM, so £5 to have it provisioned with your customer profile is not an unreasonable amount either. If you hadn't lost the items, then you'd have been happily using the service at no additional charge.

So why do mobile phone companies not charge for a sim? What if I said to them that I cannot afford the £35 (which at the moment is a push) and therefore am unable to use their services - can they continue to charge me for a service I am not using.

I paid £90 for my dongle - the current price is now £49, so the £30 is a fair price for a new replacement. You lost the SIM, so £5 to have it provisioned with your customer profile is not an unreasonable amount either. If you hadn't lost the items, then you'd have been happily using the service at no additional charge.

Can I ask - is your's pay as you go or contract? I didnt pay for my dongle as it is part of the contract.

Also does any one know how to obtain a copy of the contract wording for an 18 month contrcat? particually cancellation?

The first SIM is provided Free and provisioned as part of the contract. If you require a replacement due to a fault, that replacement should be free too, however if the fault is caused by the user, then the nominal £5 isn;t unreasonable.

All the networks have their contracts wordking online. Just do a search when you're at the appropriate network's website. You can then print off your own copy.

when i lost my phone (contract) through carphone warehouse,

i got a pay as you go phone, in store they gave me a new sim card with my original number

they charged me ten pounds for the sim

considering i lost my phone, not bad, happy to pay and having my phone up and running straight away

3 - Terms and Conditions

Is that it?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar