• Tweets

• Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
    • Probably the case @lookinforinfo Also an update, I've got the registered keeper letter. Just to check that I continue to ignore it until PAP letter comes in?
    • Thanks very much Bank. I've now done a lot of reading and have drafted my Letter of Claim as attached. I look forward to your comments. 16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf
    • ive already CAREFULLY explained how it all works earlier. what you will have to pay is already preset and detailed on the court forms/TfL stuff you already have. you wont be asked any questions upon your financial means etc. thats not under debate . you wont be asked upon any mitigating circumstances, you have pleaded guity which you always SHOULD.  the ONLY 2 reasons you are attending is to: 1) after finding the TfL prosecutor... plead directly face to face before you go in to try and get an OOC (you can bring up or say anything/everything you like ...anything that might get them to agree) 2) if 1 fails...show your genuine remorse face to face to the magistrate, BRIEFLY mention how a criminal record would hinder your future then hope they take pity on you and dont also record this on your file.  PS its only declarable/shows there for one year anyway. regardless to what an employer might ask in job questionnaires past 1yrs you forget about it. they cannot see it even on enhanced DBS etc etc. you should not latterly ever appeal a criminal record for this type (1yrs)  of 'offence' its not worth it and if you lose said appeal it will cost your dear in terms of additional wages grabbing and court fees. and extends the time it shows if you lose too. dx  
    • hit letter of claim follow post 2 despite repeated requests, the claimant has failed to produce any enforceable paperwork.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Need advice re likely warrant for possession

Guest DebtWeary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest DebtWeary

Hi, I have posted here in the past regarding difficulties with my mortgage lender. I am facing a situation I have met before, namely my lender applying for a warrant for possession, but I am not sure this time if I will be able to reduce the arrears sufficiently to get them to withdraw the warrant.

I have been under a suspended repossession order for over 3 years now, with Redstone Mortgages, one of the famous sub-prime lenders. I have had a number of run-ins with the real administrators of the mortgage, Homeloan Management Ltd., in Skipton, including several warrants issued.

My situation is that I am self-employed and my income fluctuates a lot, so it often happens that my mortgage payments get behind. I have explained this to Homeloan many, many times. Since the credit crunch began, their attitude has softened somewhat and the threats and phone calls I used to get from them are few nowadays. However, I recently received what they called a "Letter before Warrant", from their solicitors giving me the usual 7 days to clear the outstanding payments, failure to do so will result in them apply for Warrant etc. etc. The cutoff date was 20th September, so I suspect I will receive an eviction date from the Court any time now (unless of course the escalating problems in the financial world has caused them to have a rethink!). In which case I will have around 3 weeks to find the money.

What I need to know is, exactly how do I apply to the Court to have the repossession suspended again? What do I need if I do this?

The current arrears, representing just over 2 months' payments, is around £1400. Trouble is, with it nearly being October, it will go up by another payment on 1st October, so I will then have to find around £2100.

It might be possible for me to bring down the arrears to less than 2 months, but I doubt if that would be enough to make them withdraw the warrant.

I have always managed to stave off all this in the past but I just need to know the right procedure to follow if I have to.

I should add that I have posted elsewhere about this Homeloan outfit, whose behaviour and past conduct have been, shall we say, less than professional. Also, I have accrued huge amounts of "late payment" fees on the account and I would be grateful for any advice on how I can attempt to reclaim these.

Thanks in advance.

dont try to stave of with a large payment when you get the warrant of possession we can ask for a suspension on terms what yo owe is low so you should be able to get the repayments of a year or two that way you will find it easier

What can you pay this month can you pay your normall payment it looks to be around £700 you dont have to wait for the ist of the month if some one pays you can you pay them

Bona xxx

When I was at (one of many!) repossession hearings, the court appointed solicitor for the mortgage co. told me that possession could not be enforced if the arrears are less then 2 months payments.

He also told me that the 'costs' could not be enforced as part of the possession order, even though the companies official solicitor had told me costs and the arrears has to be paid.

As far as I know you just need to submit a N244 and payment to request a hearing. I'm not sure if you can submit one if you haven't yet received the warrant.

I was under a possession order for 3 years. Like you I am self-employed and until recently so was my husband. We have fought the mortgage company 6 times in court (4 warrants for possession) and won. However we surrendered at the last warrant as although I knew we could successfully fight it, I was exhausted by it, and the thought of having them rule my life for another few years was crushing.

I have had a better life in the past 6 weeks than the past 3 years! I'm a happy and healthier person and my children have their mother back!

Good luck.

Best to wait for eviction date before submitting N244 as it costs less £35.Where as it would be £75.

You will be ok, try not to worry.

Wait for the eviction warrant from court then people like Elle-nn will guide you through the N244.

You could have up to 5 weeks before court hearing as a guess,depends how busy your local court is.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DebtWeary

Update as of today: I hadn't heard anything from the court regarding this so I rang them, they said no warrant had been applied for. So I emailed the solicitors involved, they replied today to say Redstone had not instructed them to do anything at the moment.

This is most odd. I guess that the recent global financial mess has caused them to rethink their criteria for when to apply for a warrant, or maybe they are just waiting to see what happens. As they are a sub-prime lender, I guess they are on pretty thin ice at present!

DebtWeary

Guest DebtWeary

Thanks Olives, it is a bit unnerving waiting like this. I could ring Redstone but I want to have something to offer before I do that.

In the past, they have always leapt at the chance to obtain a warrant, they even did it one time when their accounts system "lost" a couple of my payments.

The only reason they would hold off would be if they somehow stand to lose out in some fashion. Maybe they have upped the arrears threshold as many more people fall behind, it would be unrealistic and impractical to try and repossess ALL of them and in the end they would be left with innumerable properties that couldn't be sold! Or maybe they are waiting to see if the government are going to come up with any form of help for those with serious arrears.

The current world financial turmoil is clearly having some effect.

I wouldn't ring them, all you are doing is reminding them of your account.

I know it is awfull waiting for the post every day,but keep your head down. If you have something to offer,put it in writing to them.

• 1 month later...
Guest DebtWeary

Well after some weeks of agonised waiting, on 14th November I finally received an eviction date from the Court - only TWO weeks ahead - 26th November. I had by then been in contact with Redstone, to see if I could still negotiate a monthly payment. In order to do that, they insisted on me completing a Personal Budget questionnaire. I sent that to them the middle of last week, I had to fax it to them again on Monday as they hadn't received the first one!

They then told me that it had to be referred to "higher management" for a decision on whether they would accept the proposal. So I have been sweating all week wondering whether they would, whether to apply to the court for a hearing - it's been pretty hellish.

But today, I received some money I have been waiting for. I was able to pay the agreed instalment. When I paid, they still insisted that they were waiting for a decision and that I should ring Friday. However, I got a call about half an hour later to say they had agreed - and those magic words, the eviction has been cancelled!!

Thank God! What a relief. I feel as if a ton weight has been lifted from me. After having had so many warrants applied for, I really didn't hold out much hope. I guess that many, many more people are in this position now.

I'm finding it difficult to understand the net effect the present economical conditions are having with such sub-prime lenders as Redstone. Time was, it would have been impossible to agree repayments - they would have insisted that I clear ALL the arrears.

I swear I will NEVER let this nightmarish situation happen again - I don't care what I have to do to prevent it!

DebtWeary

Nice one.

I bet your not so weary tonight.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.