Dept Work Pensions,

IS IT ME?
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

long time no see but can some one ansnwer this for me how long does the dept of work and pensions have to claim money back as I think its the six year rule.

court action was taken to recover this amount but no one has done any thing for 10 years but was called by dept company last year and made agreement under deurest and agreed to pay.

But looking back think I've drop one lol.:mad::wink:

what was the court action?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Are we speaking of housing benefit, or council tax bnenefit ?Generally speaking, overpayments are recoverable unless they have resulted from official error, where the claimant or the person to whom the benefit was paid, could not reasonably have been expected to realise they were being overpaid.

Examples of ‘amounts recovered’ are:

• payments physically received and attributed to the overpayment debt,
  • amounts recovered by means of deductions from payments of HB,
  • amounts recovered by means of deductions from arrears of HB owed to the tenant,
  • actual amounts received through the sale of an outstanding debt to a collection agency,
  • full amounts recovered by debt agencies who are acting on behalf of the LA,
  • amounts recovered by Debt Management by means of deductions from payments of other benefits,
  • excess CTB transferred to the council tax account, which then becomes outstanding council tax.

‘Amounts recovered’ does not include:

Reductions in overpayments due to the calculation of underlying entitlement, overpayments transferred to other accounts of the LA e.g. sundry debtors, Housing Revenue Account, suspense accounts - unless or until a payment is received and attributed to the overpayment debt through these routes, overpayments that have been written off and the full amount of overpayment debt sold to a debt collection agency, only the amount received for the debt should be recorded as recovered.

The time permitted seems unclear, but i will post later if i can find more info'.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!