some help plz with RTA claim

seanamarts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner had a fender bender on xmas eve last year, he admitted it was his fault, gave the correct details, police turned up made sure things were ok and people ok was satisfied and left. Insurance paid out by my insurers. end off.. NO!!!!

I get a letter last week, 10 months later, they now want compensations for the passenger for whiplash and headaches.

the damage to his car was a cracked numberplate, damage to my car a tiny dent on the passenger side. no one was travelling any more than 5 miles an hour as the roads were packed due to being an xmas eve rush, so the traffic was very slow moving.

there were no skid marks, the roads were dry and the passenger did not complain any injuries at the time of the accident.

they are trying to accuse that my partner was driving excessively, if that was the case then there would have been far more damage then there was.

the solicitors are not proposing to obtain medical records and if i want to have them seen by an expert i have to pay for it.

they are not only trying to claim for injuries but loss of wages medical fees car hire and property damage.

they are getting a police report and if i want to see it i have to pay to see it.

they do not have the times the claimaint had time off work .. but this was a holiday time and unless she was a nurse or some one who worked over xmas which i doubt they will divulge this info i cant see how they can claim for this.

they also want the MOT certificate, details of my damage all maintenance records incase my car was defected.

they also want me to pay for their solicitors fees.

This was a fender bender for goodness sake, not a major accident.

I am no longer with the insurers who i was under at the time of the incident and did have legal cover with them at the time but how do i stand now if i am no longer with them. I am on benefits and can not afford to pay out which could result in thousands.. are these people just trying it on. and what can i do to get this stopped.

OK it matters not that you are no longer with the insurers who insured you at the time of the accident, as long as you advised them about the accident at the time then you are OK.

You do not have to get involved in this, simply send the letters you receive onto them and leave them to sort it. Sadly this is all too common these days, people claiming injuries for minor accidents.

The other party cannot demand to see your maintenance records, that's ridiculous.

Mossy

OK it matters not that you are no longer with the insurers who insured you at the time of the accident, as long as you advised them about the accident at the time then you are OK.

You do not have to get involved in this, simply send the letters you receive onto them and leave them to sort it. Sadly this is all too common these days, people claiming injuries for minor accidents.

The other party cannot demand to see your maintenance records, that's ridiculous.

Mossy

Thanks for that mossy.. i finally got hold of my old insurers and have said what you have said.. they need to see the letter that was sent, thank god i was savvy enough to get the legal cover, they will be acting on my behalf .. so im breathing a sigh of relief here.. dont people know that these stupid claims they make they end up paying for in the long run when the insurers will keep putting up their prices to cover for such silly bogus claims

You didn't need to get legal cover to deal with this.

Legal cover is what you need when YOU want to make a claim against someone (ie if you had uninsured losses to recover from the person responsible for the accident).

Since this accident was your fault your insurance will deal with their claim regardless of whether or not you had the legal cover

Mossy

oh right, I wonder why the women spoke to said ' its ok you had legal cover' ???? oh well its out of my hands now .. thanks so much for the info.. just a bit confused why they sent me the letter and not sent it to the insurers

Its standard to send such letters to the insured - dont worry about it. Injuries can occur from low speed impact and quite often injury claims are made several months after the incident. But as said, more and more these tend to be frivolous and quite minor.