HSBC illegal withdrawals from my premier account?

regmcm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I have a premier account with the HSBC and also an unsecured loan. My loan payments used to come out on the 3rd of every month. Last month i was struggling and moved the payment (on the advice of HSBC!) to the 28th of the month giving me almost a full months grace.

On the 15th August i checked my account and found that it was £409 light (the exact amount of my Loan repayment) The loans department had just taken the money out of my premier account with no warning! (no letter no phone call)

When i called to complain ( Call center in India but lets leave that for now) i was told that there was nothing they could do as i was in arrears with my loan! I gently explained that i was NOT in arrears but had moved the payment day on the banks advice and that the payment would be made on the 28th (still within the calender month)

After going through 2 supervisors and an hour on the phone they reluctantly re payed the money but then explained that the DD had not been set up for the 28th. They now couldnt set this up as i was technically "late" with the payment so i asked them to set up a manual payment for the 28th which they did and then set up the DD to come out on the 28th of the following month.

(hope you are still with me it gets better!)

A week later and i have around £150 left in my account with my salary going to be paid in 3 days time. I take my girlfriend for a meal ,bill comes to around £60.i present my debit card but its refused. As you can imagine i was more than embarressed and had to apologise asmy girlfriend had to pay the bill.

I Check my balance and low and behold the Loans department have yet again taken £130 of my £150 to pay my loan !!!! As you can imagine i am hopping mad! The Manual payment is due to come out in 3 days time and they have taken virtually every penny i had left in my account with no warning!!!!

I call custerm services and repeat the process above - taking another hour of my life and am told i will get a letter of apology. (im still waiting)

I double check the the DD is set up for the 28th of September, which it is, and calm down a little.

Its now Saturday the 27th September - My Dd is due to come out on Monday all is well. Untill i check my bank account and find out that it is £409 light.

YES THEY HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Another call to Bombay - another hour wasted but this time after i complain that i cannot understand a word "James" is saying he terminates the call!

Thats it - i have had it with them i am heading into the local branch on Monday and my account is getting Tranfered to the Abbey.

What are my rights here? surely they cannot just move money without informing me? especially as i am not even behind with payments? Do i have a right to claim compensation for the emabarrasment they have put me through?

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

REG

I think you need to stop wasting phone calls and write to the bank and ask for an explanation to this. The saturday thing is easy to explain, any money going in or out of the account over the weekend will always show on the Saturday and will have an affect on the balance either in your favour or against.

Write to the bank and ask for a explanation then post on here.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

hi

thanks for the advice - i will be going in in person and asking for a written explanation.

the money came out on Friday - not Saturday and it was a manual transfer not the DD. That is due to come out on Monday.

Cheers

Hello and Welcome, regmcm.

I'll move this thread to the HSBC Forum, hopefully you'll get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Reg it mightbe worth considering a parachute account.....have your salary paid into that and only put enough in theother account to service any dd 's or so.....

also if memeory serves me correct they charge you a fee every month for that account?

would send a very strong letter of complaint in writing and also take ti to the FSA....

make sure you tell them of the position they left you in with regards resturant.... good luck

rockin all over the world