HSBC credit card default question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a HSBC credit card default on my credit file which is particularly heartbreaking as I was within days of making the required payment. I am desperate to get this default removed, and have been studying the wealth of material on this site, and had a couple of questions.

My credit card late payment charges have all been at around the £12 mark, and I think there has been a total of around 5-6 of them over the course of a 2 year period.

But with my HSBC bank account, the charges amount to more than £500 in the two years leading up to my credit card default (which I am about to start reclaiming). This would have more than covered the required minimum payment that would have stopped the account from defaulting. My payments to the card were always from this account, and it's been the only current account I've had since opening the card.

So what I was wondering was, would it be possible to argue that the default should be removed given that I was unable to pay the minimum because of unlawful bank charges with the same company that held my credit card debt? Has anyone thought of doing something similar? Or am I clutching at straws given that these were two different accounts, even though they're both with HSBC? It does strike me as unfair that I would have been able to afford the repayment required, if I hadn't accumulated any charges.

Any help appreciated.

The template banking charges complaints letter makes the point "many of the defendants charges are levied on previous charges incurred in the preceding months. Therefore the defendants themselves are causing the impecuniously which then triggers more charges."

Therefore, I think your point could certainly be argued.

Please note nothing I say constitutes legal advice.