NTL/Moorcroft

Freya
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

I had a small debt with NTL which they were good enough to reduce to £85. Due to harassment from Moorcroft they removed the debt altogether.

I had sent 3 postdated cheques out to Moorcroft before this happened. They have cashed one of the cheques already and I am afraid that they will cash the others leaving me overdrawn. I have written to them asking them to refund the cheque they cashed and send me the 2 as yet un cashed back to me.They wont answer my emails or letters and they wont deal with it by phone. Can anyone help me, tell me where I go from here. David Burdett at NTL has emailed, them phoned them tell them that they have recalled the debt. They (MOORCROFT) wont give me my money back. HELP PLEASE.

Freya

Do you have anything in writing you can send a copy of from NTL?

If not, doesn't matter anyway would just back up your claim... send them a letter before action giving them 14 days to refund. Make sure you explain all the facts and who you have spoken to at NTL. If nothing then county court. If you have tried everything else then I can't see what other option you have. As long as you can prove you have tried to be reasonable and they have simply ignored you. make sure you have a copy of all the letters and a note of when phone calls/conversations have taken place. Could be useful to send them copies of this info.

You should get a certificate of posting to prove the letter was sent or I would be inclined to send recorded delivery... this always seems more serious somehow.

I really do hate Moorcroft with a vengeance so hope you get it sorted :)

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Freya

Make sure you cancel the other 2 cheques ASAP!! Then they wont get your money or make you go overdrawn and get any charges from the bank :mad:

And follow what Pmhread said and keep us posted :):wink:

P.S. I hate moorcroft as well :mad:

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

hi everyone

I had a small debt with NTL which they were good enough to reduce to £85. Due to harassment from Moorcroft they removed the debt altogether.

I had sent 3 postdated cheques out to Moorcroft before this happened. They have cashed one of the cheques already and I am afraid that they will cash the others leaving me overdrawn. I have written to them asking them to refund the cheque they cashed and send me the 2 as yet un cashed back to me.They wont answer my emails or letters and they wont deal with it by phone. Can anyone help me, tell me where I go from here. David Burdett at NTL has emailed, them phoned them tell them that they have recalled the debt. They (MOORCROFT) wont give me my money back. HELP PLEASE.

Freya

Presumably you have this in writing from NTL - or at least some proof.

If so, send a letter by recorded delivery demanding that they return the cheques and refund the payments within 7 days, and also add £1.20 for your costs for sending the letter.

If they fail to respond or refuse, then cancel the cheques, and write to Moorcroft, by recorded delivery, stating that you have cancelled the cheques at a cost of £10 each, and they also owe you a further £1.20 for this letter.

If they fail to respond issue a Letter Before Action giving 14-days to refund, and add a further £1.20.

Then issue a court claim.