Plusnet Cancellation Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had the following e-mail from Plusnet and I was wondering if this is something that they can enforce:

Dear ,

This email is to let you know about a recent update in relation to your terms and conditions.

We currently charge £5.75 for a ‘cease’ of your broadband. From 29th October 2008 this will be increased to £20. This is because our supplier, BT Wholesale, has increased the cancellation charge which applies if you stop or ‘cease’ your broadband service.

This may mean you'd get charged if you cancelled your broadband service with us. Examples of where the charge is payable can include moving house, or changing supplier.

Please note: this fee will NOT apply if you migrate to another provider using a MAC key - only if you decide to cease your service altogether.

I'm not sure about the legalities of them enforcing this, but the BT wholesale cancellation charges they are referring to has not been implemented yet, and in it's current state it's been rejected by the service providers and Ofcom, so you might be able to use that as an objection to it.

• Haha 1