Received phone calls from Intrum Justitia

SeanT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Of BBC Watchdog infamy, sure you know them very well on here - keep getting missed calls from them (OK, so some of the missed calls have been whilst I've been at home, because (a) I'm not completely stupid and know how to use google and (b) I have caller display.....)

As I haven't received any correspondence from them, and neither me nor the wife owe anyone any money (whom we have a credit agreement with), I assume it's safe for me to carry on pretending they haven't called - after all, if they want me to pay them some money obo some organisation, the least they could do is write a letter???

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Sean,

The problem is you might answer the telephone at some point and find its them, their crafty so occasionally use other numbers

Still no problem as you probably aware, the advice given on the forum is simply don't get drawn in to any discussion, don't give out personal information.

The problem is curiosity what do they want etc, it got the better of me once (pre CAG days) the result I needed to change my telephone number.

Request everything in writing, they might not have your address if that is the case, then what a shame.

There's been a few threads on here where IJ cave in after a CCA response if no money is paid to them by you. If U pay...the won't let go, CCA or not.

Ultimately they'll need to send you a letter.

By the way with IJ, if you refuse to cnfirm your details they stop calling afte while so dont worry too much about answering, just dont play their games.

They also come in waves. Calls...month or 2 gap..calls...repeat

Good luck

Rob

All obscure numbers get screened in our house, usually because we're not actually around to answer them and see them on the phone when we get in. I read somewhere about there being a limit to how many times a company are allowed to call without receiving an answer???

I'm no sure about a limit, I think they use call-bots like marketers so dial 8 or so and see who's "lucky" enough to answer first.

My life became lots easier after I got a phone with a call logger - £15 from Argos!

I just log dates and times ready for the cmplaints.

Rob

Mine logs calls - which is good as I haven't implemented a way of recording them yet - might have to get the gear to record and then start answering them, see how badly they can slip up.

I'm fairly impressed - they actually managed to send us a letter stating who we owed the money too - turned out that the wife really did owe Reader's Digest around 30 quid for something (overpriced) that she had actually ordered and received, and had received a reminder letter for. (grrrrrrrr!)

She just rang Reader's Digest and paid the original amount, getting a reference number for this payment, so presumably we can now ignore these people (who wanted 5 quid more than the original amount for calling and sending a letter) and if they get funny ask them to prove that we owe the original amount.

At least it's a learning curve (and the oh has had another bollocking from me for ordering crap that we don't want and could obtain cheaper elsewhere)