HSBC Managed Loan, cant find thread need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, i recently did as instrudted and sent off the letter to HSBC on the managed loan requestin a copy of the original paperwork. well tis been lomger than 15 days, what do i do now? thanks so much for the help and sorry if this have been answered i just couldn't find it.

Hi Greeneyes ,

Welcome to the forum, :)

I would write again (recorded delivery), refer to your earlier letter to them ,pointing out that they are legally bound to provide you with the paperwork to support your ML. Tell them you require a satisfactory reply within 14 days or you will be obliged to report them to the Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS) .

Actualy I believe the timescale is 12 + 2 + 30 days before the debt becomes unenforceable..... but give them enough rope .......

This link will help if it comes to that........

our complaints procedure and how to complain

Come back if you need more info - it may not be me ,but someone will answer ..... and we're a friendly lot on here ......:D

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

PS -this link could also help you with further action GE ..... (but start from the latest ones there's a lot in it......:grin:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15457-who-has-had-managed.html?highlight=who+has+managed+loans

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would, GE, you should at least have had an acknowledgment of the first one by this time - won't hurt to press them a bit...... :rolleyes::).

At least it shows you gave them every chance to comply......

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi GE - try something like this:

Reference ....... (your letter of xx xxx xx)

I am disappointed that you have failed to respond to my request for a copy of my Loan agreement to which I am entitled under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79). A copy of this letter is attached for your convenience.

I have previously enclosed a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my Loan agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I am sure you also understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Failure to respond positively within the stipulated time limit will be reported to the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Office of Fair Trading.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Don't be afraid to come back and ask whenever you need help GE - that's what this site is about - and you're not a pain in the ass....:D

Edited by johnnymitch
Tidying up ........

Nemo me impune lacessit

I'm assuming your refering to a Consumer Credit Act section 77 letter, the time scales involved are 12 days plus 2 before they are in default, then a further 30 days before thery are committing a statutory offence.

Here's the wording from the act;

(4) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

and

(b) if the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

So after 14 days write and say they are not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement

And after a further 30 days write and confirm they are committing a statutory offence

pete

Beat me to it this time JM :D

• Haha 1

Thanks ,pete - I hunted high and low for that , but couldn't find it - have you got a link I could copy please, Mate? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Beat me to it this time JM :grin:

Think I'll put a red ring on the calendar - doesn't happen very often - laffin ......:rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit