Thousands of "illegal" PCN's issued in Lambeth ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's a very interesting article I just read in the Telegraph On-Line:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2988949/Lambeth-traffic-wardens-quit-over-immigration-row.html

Now then, a bit of lateral thinking comes up with . . .

Surely, if a PCN is issued by someone that not only had no right to be employed as a Parking Attendant, but also had no right to even be in the country, then that PCN would in itself be unlawful issued ??

So, do I sense the potential for a costly refund of tens of thousands of PCN's issued by people with no right to do so :rolleyes:

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

only certain people are authorised to issues PCNs, lets say CEO under TMA. if illegal immigrants they have no official employment status (they are non-people) so how can they have been actual CEOs (or anything else). I wouldn't mind but presentation of passport is pre req for this getting employment with this council.

. . . their employment status has no bearing on the PCN . . .

Of course it does, if they're not legally allowed to work in the UK, then they are not allowed to issue PCN's.

If anyone decided to contest the legality of their particular PCN, they would have the right to know the details of the person issuing it, and if it turns out to be one of the "illegals" . . .

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

only certain people are authorised to issues PCNs, lets say CEO under TMA. if illegal immigrants they have no official employment status (they are non-people) so how can they have been actual CEOs (or anything else). I wouldn't mind but presentation of passport is pre req for this getting employment with this council.

They did not work for the Council they worked for APCOA. They obviously had some form of ID to get paid such as a national insurance number. I am not sure how the paper can state they are all illegals since they simply decided not to transfere from APCOA to NCP it could be for many reasons. It has been known for some foreign workers to use legal papers belonging to someone else to get a job which is the only way to work and get paid. If this is the case how are you going to use that fact to cancel a PCN? If you managed to get the name and address of the CEO.....unlikely, how can you go about checking their passport or if they did infact issue the PCN or allowed another to use their ID to work as a CEO?