Which DCA drove you to CAG

ODC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which DCA should we thank for helping you join CAG  

541 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Which DCA should we thank for helping you join CAG

• Lowell
    • 1st Credit
    • Cabot
    • Link Financial
    • Capquest
    • Ruthbridge
    • BCW
    • Fredericksons
    • RWC
    • Some other

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I note to my 'dismay' that 1st credit are still in the lead on this poll :rolleyes:

Maybe this information should be given to the OFT :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Incasso led me to CAG, thank you Incasso! I know they are supposed to be solicitors but they act like a real down and dirty DCA!

I also remember a few yrs ago a DCA called UCS (Ultimate Credit Services) they had me in tears every time I rang them.. that was long before I knew what I know now!

Wish I could have CCA'd them!

HFO Services, nasty bunch. But grateful for them for helping me find this site! It's been a real eye opener, and made me much stronger! Don't think I really would've coped much longer if it had not been for CAG!

Out of interest, anyone know what the HFO initials stand for? Just been wondering!

HFO Services, nasty bunch. But grateful for them for helping me find this site! It's been a real eye opener, and made me much stronger! Don't think I really would've coped much longer if it had not been for CAG!

Out of interest, anyone know what the HFO initials stand for? Just been wondering!

Hopefully Foxtrot Oscar :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Babybear, I'm having a bad day, but that just made me laugh so much!!!!!:D:D:D

I aim to please :D

Newman and Company in Leeds lead me here. I am not finished with them yet either even though they disappeared quicker than the morning mist as the sun rises.

I really should thank them for being a PITA and leading me to CAG because, like many on here, my life has changed for the better since joining.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

...and 1 guest ;)

• 4 months later...

I can't actually remember lol i think it was wescot?? I've been dealing with a few!! But i must admit i'm glad i found cag before AIC started on me cause out the lot they have to be the worst!!

I joined CAG for advice about brighthouse but once i found the debt forum i started giving the DCA's grief instead.

My DCA's who forced me to take action are Go Debt Limited, Robinson Way, Lowell, Wescot, Advantis Credit and EOS Solutions. I am now giving as good as i get!!

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

It was the Leeds Losers, Lowells that provided the last straw for me & I'm glad to say that thanks to CAG they have had to close their books on 1 debt already & fingers crossed I'm well on my way with 2 more they won't win.

Morph

Link Financial are the main pain in the arse for me at the moment, little loves ring me at least 3-4 times a week but the phonecall is short n sweet.....Sort my SAR and my CCA and you might just get a £1 a month out of me lol !!

Both Equidebt and Rockwell for 2 different debts.

I tried 2 experiments with both.

First with Equidebt I tried the ignore everything method, I received the first letter asking if I was so and so that lived at the address, then the pay £250 a month to clear the debt, then the take to court letter, then the CAS letter claiming to act for equidebt and offering a 50% reduction if paid whole amount, not heard from either again for 2 months now.

Second with Rockwell I tried the not my debt letters, I received the first letter asking if I was so and so at the address - I replied with no reference to my name on the letter and no acknowledgement to the debt or the name. They responded with a letter claiming the debt was for Barclayshark originally which was passed on to moorcrap and they took it off them, and that I need to pay fully or they will take me to court - I replied saying it was not my debt, still not acknowledging who I was or the debt was mine and asking for a CCA with an attached £1 postal order - They replied within a week to say Barclayshark had no CCA so they have closed the account, again this was 2 months ago now.

I guess I will get another couple of dumb ass DCA's in the next few months trying it on and I will just wipe the floor with them again, mainly thanks to this site.

How different it was back in the late 90's when I was in so much debt and had around 5 ccj's and countless defaults to my name, I have since paid all this off but if only I knew what I know now those many years ago I could have stopped some of them debts, if not all!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks