Thames Credit

hawk1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About a year and a half ago i received a letter from Westcot credit services saying i owed them about £300 for a debt with Lloyds TSB. I wrote to wescot and disputed the debt and asked for any proof that i owed this debt. I then phoned Lloyds TSB bank and spoke to somebody in collections and was advised that the money was owed because i'd taken a loan or overdraft out along with my bank account. I was told that my account details where now in archive and somebody would look into this and send me a copy of the signed paper work etc. That was over a year ago and i didn't hear another word from them. The collection agency Westcot contacted me and informed me that there had sent the debt back to Lloyds TSB. Then out of the blue today i receive a letter from a company called Thames Credit saying that i owe them over £300 for a debt that was with Lloyds TSB. I contacted Thames Credit straight away and informed them that the debt is in dispute and that Lloyds TSB had broken the Consumer Credit Act and possible the Banking Code for selling this on while still in dispute. Thames Credit understood where i was coming from and asked me to write to them stating everything i had just told them. Which i have done and will post tomorrow. Then i thought i'm not gonna let this lie just with them and contacted Lloyds TSB. After been passed around from one department to another i finally got to speak to someone in the consumer debt recovery team and was told that the debt had been sold on and was no longer a problem that concerned Lloyds TSB. I am so annoyed that Lloyds seem to be passing the buck to the collection company there sold the debt onto. I also phoned the Banking Code Standards Board as well os the FOS to make a complaint against them. Please could someone offer some more advice because i'm getting no where fast and this has been going on now for over 1 year. Oh and my bank account was closed down in 2002. Apart from spending all day in the head office in London i'm running out of options

Cases won.

Littlewoods, Moorecroft,Nationwide £923.12 written off

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

£2076.11 too be written off OH

Egg

£317.38 Charges paid back and cheque for £250.64 p for myself

If i have been any help to you tip my scales

Thames are well known for chasing statute barred debts...if you haven't made a payment towards or acknowledged the debt in 6 years then it is statute barred...send them letter 'M' from here by recorded...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Thanks again 42man, only problem is this account was only closed in 2004 even though the last time i had any contact with Lloyds TSB was about 2002.

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Does it matter if i spoke to them today on the phone about it ?

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg

Hi again 42man,

Just been looking at the SARS letter and it sounds to me that if i send this letter then i'm admitting this debt. I do not acknowledge this debt at all and i know that i can't use the CCA request to help with this as it's a bank which is alleging the debt. The reason i think the SARS is admitting the debt is it says that since no payment has been made in 6 years etc.. Please please Hellllllllp me :confused:

Cases won.

CapQuest Debt Recovery

£687.34 written off OH

Reliable Collections

Egg