Lloyds TSB - Payplan

myusername
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am after some advice on behalf of my parents, my mum had gotten herself in some debt and started a payplan account last June and has now not missed any payments.

From looking at payplan all creditors have accepted the payments and the debt is due to be cleared by June 2019.

But she has now received the following letter

Picture-1.jpg

Copy of Credit Agreement Supplied - No Date or signature

Picture001-1.jpg

My dad would like to know if he is now responsible for what we believe is an unsecured debt and if he takes her name off of house deeds would this protect their home. Other option he wanted to consider is transfering ownership to myself and my brother.

After looking at Credit Agreement have gotten her to do a request for True Signed Copy.

Any help you can offer will be mostly appreciated, if there are links you can provide also appreciated.

Edited by myusername

Regarding the issue with the house:

L-TSB can only apply for a charging order only if your Folks default on any payments to the court IF the get a CCJ agiant them

IF your folks Defaulted on the court payment LTSB MIGHT apply for a charging order.

IF a charging order was granted, this would only mean IF your folks sold the house the debt would be automatically paid back to the creditor via any equity in the house after the mortgage was paid.

Having the loan in one name and the house in joint is probably a good thing. IF TSB tried to force a sale which is VERY unlikely. This would fail as you would argue that your farther is being disadvantaged because of a debt that’s nothing to do with him.

If you got your mothers name off the Mortgage and land registry title of course this would give you more protectio But you would need to seek professional assistance regarding taxs, deed of gift, capital gains and so on

Basically I don’t think the house at this point is in the equation

look at all the if’s !

Hasn't the loan got PPI on it from that form? Need to reclaim that, therefore reducing the debt further.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .