hsbc and over £2,000

babey.girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi :???:

a few weeks ago i made a claim for a refund of bank charges of over £2,000 incurred in last 3 years. I got a long and confusing reply from Hsbc basicly saying there not going to refund as the case is still being looked at by the court.

On top of that theyve charged me £94 in charges this month which meant my council tax bounced im constantly playing catch up is there anything i can do to stop this happening? Does anyone know when there will be a decision in court??

Hello and Welcome, Babey.girl.

Continue with your claim, the Bank will do what they can to delay you doing this.

If the letter you sent was your first, you should now send your LBA....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

If they do not comply with your request within 14 Days, file N1 at your local County Court. It's more than likely your claim will be 'stayed', but you want to be in the queue when they come to paying out.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hiya babey.girl and welcome to the HSBC forum :).

The bank will delay refunding your penalty charges for as long as they can and continue to add more charges to your account. This will snowball month on month until you reach the point where you cant afford to pay your bills (sounds like your there already :-|)

There is only one way out of this situation and that is to open another bank account with a new bank (a parachute account) and take your money out of the reach of HSBC.

You will also need to submit your claim to the county court where it will be stayed BUT there is only one way HSBC can recover your spiraling account balance that they will see as a debt and that is through the court and they will run headlong into your claim if they do that :D

pete

Hi Babeygirl,

Good advice there from Scott.....:)

You might also like to consider opening a 'Parachute ' account with another bank - have all your day to day business done through that so that your Council Tax payments etc are not jeopardised. Youn can't go overdrawn on it - but it means that HSBC can carry on charging you till the cows come home - your case will be stayed in court along with the thousands of others - they can't take you to court for non - payment becase you can hit them with a counterclaim ........:)

Also , the account is then in dispute so they can't pass it to a Debt Collection Agency or any third party.....

Here is a link for you :

Parachute Account

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

Natwest and the co-op banks seem to be favourite on this, but it's up to you where you go ..... it just gets your money out of HSBC's clutches and let's you function normally

]Keep moving on the LBA and court action .... once you're at the court stage the 8% (s.69 ) interest kicks in too ...... :)

Best of luck

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

You've done it again pete - snap LOL! :p:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D