Best Way to complain about a DCA??

confusedmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I made a complaint ot the FOS, but was told by FOS i needed to firstly make a complaint to the DCA!

I contacted the DCA via email and asked for their complaints procedure, they sent a snotty letter back including the complaints procedure.

I did make a complaint via email to CSA regarding my DCA as they are a member only to be told I needed to fill in their complaints form which they emailed me the templates for.....

I also wanted to complaint to the TS and OFT regarding their conduct etc, but have an email address for each as well as the postal address. Is it worth emailing then the complaint or am I better off doing in via the post??

thanks

CM

In many ways it seems that complaining is fairly pointless.

The DCA is unlikely to admit that they've done anything wrong - many don't even bother to respond.

TS rarely seem to do anything meaningful about DCA complaints, preferring to fob people off with template letters or waffle about priorities.

FOS - who say their remit is to provide a quick method of dealing with problems - take months to do anything, and seem to take the word of DCAs in many cases.

Having been through all this nausea, I think the way ahead is to write to the OFT's Consumer Credit Licencing Fitness Team and let them know about the way in which the DCA is behaving. Not a complaint as such, but the more OFT know about DCAs the better.

The response from Trading Standards varies depending on where you live. The OFT don't deal with individual complaints but will add your complaint to their file on the DCA and every now and then they jump up and take a swipe at a DCA/bunch of DCAs then everything goes back to normal again until the next time. The FOS as you know won't deal with your complaint until you have exhausted the DCAs internal complaints department and you have received their final response.

Semtex. That would get the point across quite nicely.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Seriously, complaints to official bodies are completely useless in my opinion - a total waste of time. If you can get away with it, don't pay them. Then they'll notice. Failing that, if they're only acting on behalf of an original creditor, pay the original creditor - that will really p*ss them off.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 1 month later...