overdone

barclaycard Mercers.Offsetting Query.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2447 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My friend J requested a c.c.a after I told her too. The guts of her letter states:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we no longer hold a copy of your executed agreement. Regulation 9 of CNC Regulations confirms that, in these sircumstances, for accounts opened before 19 May 1985 (such as yours) the copy agreement we provide may comprise an easily legible statement of the current terms of the agreement. I enclose a reconstituted copy of the terms of your credit agreement as varied in accordance with section 82 (1) of the act. However, the interest rates, fees and charges set out in the agreement, may differ from those we have discussed with you, due to the current status of your account.

A statement of your account is below.

(It then sets it out)

I am fully satisfied that the sum outstanding by you remains legally due and payable. You should continue to repay the outstanding balance owed on your account in accordance with the terms of your credit agreement.

This completes our obligations under 78 of the Act.

Yours

Stephen Jordan

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

What letter do we reply with now someone?

They have satisfied the request as the say, BUT the requirement for a reconstituted agreement is that ALL the data should be that of thye original agreement eg interest rates etc., you could challenge on that.

This situation is one that would need a judge to decide the validity of the debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I had this problem a few years ago with bc, theyr full of rubbish. Ive heard nothing since around feb 08, when i sent them a letter asking if they had the original agreement, bearing in mind the cputr regs.

Not heard a thing since, though im getting the feeling theyr waiting for me to finish paying off my overdraft, then transfer the cc to that.

question everything!

I think the pre court action protocols weighs very heavily in her favour. They have to provide a lot?