barclaycard Mercers.Offsetting Query.

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and this morning from Credit Solutions, dated the same date as Debt Managers letter. I think they realise their number is up. They BEG me to ring.

Credit Solutions. Brighton Road, Purley, Surrey.

22 December 2008

Regarding Barclaycard.

Ref xxxxxxxx

Balance £492x.xx

LEGAL NOTICE.

Our client is not prepared for this sum to remain outstanding any longer and unless payment is made to Credit solutions within 7 days from the date of this letter, court proceedings may be commenced against you without further warning or notice.

Legal action would result in further charges being added to your account as follows:-

Solicitors Costs £ 80.00

Court Fee £ 120.00

If you wish to discuss the contents of this letter or to make proposals for the settlement of this debt please telephone us on 020 87xx xxxx

Please, do not simply write as our time limits are now very strict.

Yours faithfully

John White

Litigation Department

Edited by overdone
typo

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

What are they on about?

23 December 2008

Credit Solutions.

Dear Overdone,

Regarding, Barclaycard.

Payment for Information.

Further to your recent communication, we would request that you forward the statutory fee associated with your request.

Please note that until this fee is received, your request cannot be processed therefore normal collection activity will continue.

Upon receipt of your payment, we will action your request.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

J White.

For credit solutions limited.

What are they on about?

23 December 2008

Credit Solutions.

Dear Overdone,

Regarding, Barclaycard.

Payment for Information.

Further to your recent communication, we would request that you forward the statutory fee associated with your request.

Please note that until this fee is received, your request cannot be processed therefore normal collection activity will continue.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

J White.

Possible explanactions

One, they don't know what they are doing.

Two, they do not understand CPR.

Three, they know that the "agreement" is unenforceable and are trying to use delay/bluster tactics with you hoping that you will just pay and go away.

dpick

What are they on about?

23 December 2008

Credit Solutions.

Dear Overdone,

Regarding, Barclaycard.

Payment for Information.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

J White.

Hi Overdone,

I am a little confused with so many DCAs appearing to be sending you letters !!..

I would write back to these clowns and advise that you are under no obligation to pay for information requested under CPR

"I would point out that I have not in fact requested information under the Data Protection Act 1998 .

The information I requested was in response to a threat of legal action from WHICHEVER COMPANY MADE THE THREAT and was in fact a request made under the Civil Procedure Rules for which there is no fee required. I enclose a copy of that letter for your reference. "

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Credit Solutions.

2nd January 2008

Dear Overdone,

Regarding Barclaycard

Bal £4927.xx

NEED MORE TIME? - WE CAN HELP

Do you need more time to pay the above account? If the answer is yes, then please call us to discuss your proposals.

We understand that you may be reluctant to call, possibly because you are experiencing financial difficulties, however, please do not let this deter you. Our Advisors are waiting for your call and are happy to discuss your repayment proposals.

We may be able to negotiate a substantial discount for you to be paid over an agreed period.

If you are able to make an immediate payment, you can do so by calling our "Payment Hotline" shown above.

Re post 57 , THEY ARE PRATS

I really do not think that it deserves any answer do you

dpick

In a nutshell, NO!

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Now Moorcroft have both Barclaycard debts.

Usual Moorcroft letters,

26 Feb 2009.

Dear Overdone,

We have been instructed by Barclaycard to collect your overdue debt of £5xxx,xx

It is a legal requirement to send a notice of Intended litigation before legal proceedings in the county court are issued. This letter fulfils the requirement even if it is not actually read by you.

To prevent legal action being taken it is essential that you settle this debt without delay Blah1 Blah!

Yours sincerely

A J Martin

Debt Recovery Manager.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2cnd March I sent a CPR request, recorded delivery to Moorcroft. Today I had two Yellow envelopes arrive.

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited.

Pre-court Division.

09 March 2009

Re Barclaycard

Notice of Intended Litigation.

To prevent the above action send payment in full before 16/03/09 or Telephone xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx immediately.

If you do not respond to this letter we will assume you are purposely avoiding repayment of this debt and will take the necessary steps to secure settlement which may included issuing legal action against you. Please note if legal action is necessary your debt will increase as follows:

(Then there is a large grey set of boxes showing £375 costs.)

Please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above address.

Contact us now.

A J Martin

Debt Recovery manager.

On 2cnd March I sent a CPR request, recorded delivery to Moorcroft. Today I had two Yellow envelopes arrive.

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited.

Pre-court Division.

09 March 2009

Re Barclaycard

Notice of Intended Litigation.

To prevent the above action send payment in full before 16/03/09 or Telephone xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx immediately.

If you do not respond to this letter we will assume you are purposely avoiding repayment of this debt and will take the necessary steps to secure settlement which may included issuing legal action against you. Please note if legal action is necessary your debt will increase as follows:

(Then there is a large grey set of boxes showing £375 costs.)

Please note we have confirmed with a major public utility that you are in occupancy at the above address.

Contact us now.

A J Martin

Debt Recovery manager.

Send them CCA requests overdone. :)

That is a template Moorcroft letter. A CCA request to them is very effective.;)

Edited by sosumi

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Not sure if I have linked you to this letter before.. but it is quite effective.

Amend it to suit your requirements. :D Ask them also to confirm the name of the public utitility they have used to "confirm your details" as the Information Commissioners Office have said that this is a nono:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1800199.html

BCOBS

Not sure if I have linked you to this letter before.. but it is quite effective.

Amend it to suit your requirements. :D Ask them also to confirm the name of the public utitility they have used to "confirm your details" as the Information Commissioners Office have said that this is a nono:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1800199.html

Nice letter and I may use it. Moorcroft on the other hand,are idiots who put their hand in a basket and pull out any old letter at random, lick an envelope and send it. I just received my credit files from EXp and Equif where my details on my address are quite up to date via Barclays bank themselves and quite a few other account holders. They have to notify beauros. Utility though, somehow suggests, electric or water but there are no searches recorded by either of these people.

It is, I know another threat in the armoury of Moorcroft. They have used in regularly on other Cagers, notably Davey77. He is still waiting a response as to the company they checked with :D

I think they might well be the next one that OFT look at having already slapped 1st Credit over their empty threats;)

BCOBS

It is, I know another threat in the armoury of Moorcroft. They have used in regularly on other Cagers, notably Davey77. He is still waiting a response as to the company they checked with :D

I think they might well be the next one that OFT look at having already slapped 1st Credit over their empty threats;)

I don't think electric or gas companies credit search. I cannot see the point because undischarged bankrupts still get water and electric and sometimes car insurance payments on tick.

As they have returned previous £1.00 PO's on other accounts I have decided to CCA them using these. Truth is, I don't think they bother the original creditor for one and feel guilty if they cash the £1.00 postal order.

Hi Overdone!

I have just become a fully fledged member of the CAG Barclayshark fan club! so will be looking at your thread with interest and getting some warnings in the process of what Barclayshark going to do to me!LOLI see they set dome lovely DCAs on you!At least i will be prepared for the charming Moocroft! I have just been passed onto Barclayshark inhouse collecters Mercers!i can see from your thread i am in for a wonderful time !

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• 3 weeks later...

Did as suggested on both Barclaycard accounts and got usual Moorcroft replies on both accounts this morning.

31st March

Dear Overdone,

Dear Overdone,

Ref Barclaycard xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I refer to your recent correspondence. We are continuing to seek to obtain a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement that you have requested. Our systems provide for reviews to be sent to our client on a regular basis and this we are continuing to do. I will contact you again just to confirm that at this stage the account has been placed on hold and that we will not seek to enforce the debt until such time as the agreement is obtained.

In the meantime however we believe that it may be of assistance to all parties if we also take this opportunity to ensure that any potential areas of dispute are addressed prior to any possible court action or further investigation. Please could you give an indication of the information you will be providing, when giving evidence to the court or providing information to the relevent statutory authorities in relation to the alleged subject matter of the account.

Please could you provide this information by return. We beleive that this is a simple request that will assist in ensuring that all possible areas of dispute are identified as quickly as possible and potential costs and delays kept to a minimum level.

I thank you for your assistance and patience in this regard.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs K Murray

Edited by overdone
add info

Now if it were you asking THEM for information, your letter would be filed in the bin :cool:

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

The Default notice, the remedy date was 19th September, but what was the date on the top of the notice, you have blocked that out ?.

There should be 14 clear days from the date of the notice to the remedy date. allowing 2 days for delivery.

The actual notice is not in the prescribed format. there is text that is underlined but it should be in capitals and in bold typeface.

Just checked my file. The date of Mercsers default notice is 2cnd September. Is the default notice flawed enough to get it off my credit file? Or is the lack of prescribed format, not enough to count?

Edited by overdone
typo

• 1 month later...

They have sent me one application form.

14 May 2008

Moorcroft Debt Recovery.

Dear Overdone,

We refer to previous correspondence in respect of the above and duly enclose the requested documentation.

As we have complied with your original request we confirm that the hold which was previously applied to your account has been removed and that our normal collection methods will commence after a period of 7 days from the above date.

We therefor request you make contact to discuss your proposals for repaying this debt.

Should you have any questions or require any additional information please do not hesitate to contact us direct on the above telephone number.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs K Murray.

A + for persistence :)

BCOBS

Reading with interest as my barclays account has just been passed to Mercers.

I have sent Mercers a letter that I will not reply to any further correspondence with them as it is in default with Barclaycard due to no CCA, even from a SAR request.

Sent barclaycard a letter starting the CPR route.

Cheers

Johno