Robinson Way - Next Retail?

Belfin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Been reading through these forums to try and find a similar situation to mine, mainly so as not to bother anyone!

However, I would like a bit of advice if possible?

On wednesday I got home to find a letter completely out of the blue demanding £313.50 and informing me:

"Your agreement with Robinson Way - Next Retail has now been assigned to Debt Managers AB Ltd T/A Debt Managers Ltd".

1. Ive never had any debt (as far as I know) with Robinson Way or Next.

2. I did used to have a Next catalogue which was not in debt, but I've not used that in years - neither at my current address (2 years 5 months), or my previous one (4 years 1 month).

3. I'd never even heard of Robinson Way; least of all had any dealings with them, or made any agreements.

4. I checked my Experian file - clean as a whistle.

The letter seems to be encouraging me to contact immediately by phone, but I'm too scared too in case I open a can of worms (I was victim of ID fraud last year and it was a nightmare!)

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Paul.

Hi All,

Further to my letter from last week, I received a second letter this morning (27/09/08 ) from 'Debt Managers Ltd'. No mention of 'Robinson Way' this time.

The letter is headed; URGENT FINAL DEMAND, and goes on to say 'your debt is overdue for payment'.

After the usual list of threats and stuff it says, 'Failure to respond to this demand may affect your ability to obtain credit'.

Are these people still fishing? I've not responded to their first letter from last week.

As I said before, I've no knowledge of any debt to anyone. Should I still just ignore them? They've not started threatening to call round or telephone yet.

Cheers, Paul.

Send them the "Prove It" letter below - edit to suit :)

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY OTHER COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

Account no: None Supplied

You have contacted me/us regarding an account, without any reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to your company.

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore, ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

Send be recorded delivery and check for proof of delivery on the Royal Mail website.

I've sent countless "Prove It" letters and not heard a dickie bird :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well I sent off my letter as suggested and today I got this reply from Debt Managers Ltd;

'Thank you for your letter regarding the above account. I can confirm that I have investigated this matter.

I can confirm your name and date of birth are linked by Experian the credit reference agency, with the name, address and date of birth provided by our client.

If you require any further information regarding the link please contact Experian directly.

I have however taken on board your comments and have removed all your details from our file. I can confirm you will recieve no further correspondance from Debt Managers Ltd regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely,'

Well looks like I've won this one almost too easily! Dunno why they reckon I had the debt in the first place and linked all these details together! Hopefully that's the end of it. Sincere thanks to each of you who have read my thread and offered advice to me.

Cheers!

hi belfin i too was recieving letters with regards to next it works out hat you have to pay for a catalgue at 4.00 each ,maybe this is what it is i phoned up next and they stopped it straight away ,cant believe it 4quid for a catalogue not liek i was buying anything off them anyway.:confused:

I was mightily confused by the whole thing - I settled and cancelled everything to do with Next years and years ago! I've moved two or three times since then and only my current and one previous address now show on my credit file (do older addresses get removed over time?). they may have been just 'phishing'.

• 3 weeks later...

any more news on this? I have had 3 letters now from this place and a phone call too on saturday :roll:

I didn't ring them back as stated. Im gonna send this 'prove-it' letter off 2morrow and see what happens next. I did find out that Robinson Way-Next Retail is in Wigan and infact it seems I have an account open under my name even though I never opened one with Next :confused:

This was found out when I called my hometown Branch Next to ask what is Robinson Way-Next Retail.

:|