• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GE Debenhams card - sold to C L Finance - cca request

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya blind as a bat

yes am there to delete a few posts was going to message you directly as ive now also send a mail to ts for another appointment with them

i want to really follow this through now

laters angel x:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

righto before i retire to bed

wanted to bump up to see if any other info from what i posted on 15.01.09

i await any further advice, am awaiting on ts still will chase them up tomorrow too

laters and good night all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

righto before i retire to bed

wanted to bump up to see if any other info from what i posted on 15.01.09

i await any further advice, am awaiting on ts still will chase them up tomorrow too

laters and good night all angel x

cleo - subbing if thats OK

I have had a letter saying my debt would be handled by CL finance and to continue paying reduced aMOUNT - which I have done. Received a statement from CL asking for £600+ by early FEB????

I don't know what I should do about this. I CCAd debenhams and they sent me agreement - no original terms and conditions though - should I CCA CL finance now - or send dispute letter?

thanks Cleo

I haven't had a notice of assignment or anything like that and I don't know if they are just dealing with the debt or have bought it.

Cleo welcome to my thread and for sure its okay

i did have a notice of assigment, dont understand why you havent

no harm in cca cl finance and see what their reply is remember only allow the 12 days for them to reply, this would be quicker and then you could follow up with a dispute letter i guess

i have also sar debenhams, ie ge capital bank, to see what they send me as they have to send all the documents they have held on me ie also the correct cca

Mind you, i still dont have anything from my sars from ge when i called they said didnt have anything, yet i sent registered post just looking for my receipt, i am now more organised,lol

will be chasing them again tomorrow as well past 40 days and i think they are stalling as ive disputed with cl finance what they have sent

will update you tomorrow take care laters angel x

hiya all update......

well very interesting meeting with ts, they were not very impressed with the reply i got from cl finance that they have now provided the correct rear of the application form, i did update my thread when i got the letter

also he took a copy of the cl repy letter as he was going to pass it on also to cl finance - ts team to log against this company if they are doing this type of thing regular.

Ts - when i explained to him about the Card and Pin, section, i told him had rung ge capital today and was told by their advisor on the telephone that my account with debenhams did not have the pin technology, so therefore i take from that the terms that they claim as rear of my front of my application is nonsence yet again.

I again have been advised by ts to take this now to fos, since it will cost them 450.00 for the investigation and i only owe a little over it might make them see sence,,,im not paying them and im waiting to see if they take me to court as i will be then ready with the cpr 31.16 section then that will prove useful wont it?

anyway thats my update, take care and lets continue the fight

laters angel x (BY the way cl if you have now identified me i really dont care )

As usual then, TS are useless. CL obviously tried to create a fraudulent document and TS response?! Take it to the FOS who are becoming very well known for siding with the creditor at every given opportunity.

TS should be launching a full and immediate investigation into the attempts to falsify a legal document IMO.

Their info regarding the £450 charge could be correct. The wording in the FOS download below, 2nd page, top right, i originally read as the forth complaint 'per person' upon charging. I now can see that could well mean the forth complaint from anyone. So a company that receives 4 or more complaints does get charged (and it doesn't have to be the forth complaint YOU have made that year. You could be number 3,469. And probably are for that matter!.)

Poor old davey was confused for a while but thinks he has it sussed now.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/QG1.pdf

Even their wording suggests an less than impartial approach:

..£450 per case, after the third complaint – is likely to be much less than

the legal costs that might otherwise be involved in defending a claim in court, where the publicity could be far more damaging to the business’s bottom line.

Concern for the reputation of the business under investigation before the complaint has even been received. How thoughtful.

...Parliament decided that the ombudsman should be funded by the businesses that we cover and that these businesses – not consumers – should meet the costs of resolving disputes.

So the FOS are funded by the companies they are supposed to be investigating in an impartial and objective manner. yep, that will work. :rolleyes:

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

In regards to the addition of incorrect pages in an attempt to recreate an original agreement:

Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents)

Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557)

2 Legibility of notices and copy documents and wording of prescribed Forms

(1) The lettering in every notice in a Form prescribed by these Regulations and in every copy of an executed agreement, security instrument or other document referred to in the Act and delivered or sent to a debtor, hirer or surety under any provision of the Act shall, apart from any signature, be easily legible and of a colour which is readily

distinguishable from the .

(2) The wording of any Form prescribed by these Regulations shall be reproduced in copies of unexecuted or executed

agreements or in Notices of Cancellation Rights sent [by an appropriate method] under section 64(1)(b) or (2) of the Act

without any alteration or addition, except that--

(a) the creditor or owner may enter the name and address of the debtor or hirer in any Cancellation Form prescribed

by these Regulations; and

(b) every Form shall be completed in accordance with any footnote.

(3) Any such footnote shall not be treated as part of any Form prescribed by these Regulations and may be reproduced

in addition to any such Form.

(4) Where any such footnote requires any words to be omitted, those words shall be omitted or deleted.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

thanks very much davey i really do appreciate you looking out for me

i know ts referred me to fos, but im building a good relationship with ts, he admitted wasnt 100% certain on lots of the cca and its complexities, i think he learnt something from me,,,hehehe

but im in the mind that court action is there in the future, im looking at doing everything i can before i get to court , my ethos is look Your Honour, what else and who else could i have done or gone to????

I am also now going to make an appointment with my councillor in my area - im going to see what their take on this is especially debt collection agencies and their tactics,,,but in the end it maybe that i learn enough eventually to make a decision that suits me in taking the court action to resolve each debt -

with knowledge comes confidence and with cag and its support system anything is now possible, whereby a year ago, i was a mess, totally freaked out with the threats, paid the likes of mbna and had hardly any food in the house in dec 2007, i sure didnt make that mistake in dec 08.

i will use what you have given me and i will update asap any other bits from my friends at cl

he heheheheh

laters take care angel x

hiya all

just an query,

found somewhere that i would need to Subject Access Request the OC for all statementes etc, this can change were you have a notice of assignment that states the DCA had Bought the debt, they should then have all the info regarding that account.

thus IM now thinking am still awaiting on sars from ge capital but if they say they actually did give the debt to cl - do i now have to sar the cl too for all my info?

and if they had my oringinal copy from ge capital then why ive i had 2 different copies purporting to now be the correct info by the second copy of my cca from cl ???

i think something now amiss

anyway laters for now angel x

as a general rule of thumb:

CCA the DCA

S.A.R the OC

Although the DCA should have been passed all the relevant info they hardly ever are and the OC should have kept all such information.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

well i will know very soon :wink:

will update you all thanks again davey

have read RMW thread again on bos and boy oh boy and ive pm here too

anyway take care laters angel x

CL Finance are one trick ponies, it's not a case of if more like when they will take court action. They are boring and predictable and 100% of the time they have zero enforceable agreement.

Defend, defend, defend and then make the barstools cough up court fees because this is what really hurts them.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

hey thanks for the moral boosting post UnModeratethenet

i have radar on my next action and game of chess, just waiting on my next move now lol

take care laters angel x

• 2 weeks later...

hiya all

war now with ge money,,,, awaiting on my sars still

laters angel x

• 4 weeks later...

hiya all a bit of an update

rang info com off , as still no reply to my sars do have another connected thread will put here below in a bit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/184009-ge-money-evans-no.html

also was told by ico to send in my complaint to them, however, when i queried that i was not being forwarded copy of my cca and terms by other companies i was told that was an issue by oft and not ico,,,,, but its my information that i requested that they hold on me surely they should provide it within the data subject request,,,,,,

appears a little vague to me this,,,,of course will send in my complaint to ico but this aint going to help me with the cca which is what i was hoping for to receive with this thread

since not heard from cl finance now unsure should i send in my complaint to ts who covers their area or if you see posts on 15 and 27 Jan by me - appears this maybe covered,

do i just sit back and wait for the court claim form or ,,,,,,,,

send a cpr request 16 to cl finance to get any other info again from them or will this then reseurrect something that maybe dormant,,,,

guess i need to see my credit file,not had any default notices or any calls that i can see

just my ramblings for the time being,,,,,thanks for listening laters angel x

The ICO are not interested in complaints re a CCA. That's one area of Data Protection they leave out. They should be on it like a duck to water in my opinion as they are doing the creditors a big favour by passing the buck to the OFT/TS but that's the way it is I'm afraid.

Send any complaint to your Local TS office. Not the TS based where the creditor is. They will only pass it to your local office where you live.

Tell TS that the FOS are not interested in complaints re the supply of legal documentation (if you can get that confirmed by them then pass that info on to TS) and tell TS to investigate fully.

Better to know if CL have something up there sleeve if possible IMO. Rather than later down the line. (Not that they will reply properly, if at all to a CPR request, but it's something else to add to your list of measures you have taken.)

Yep, check your credit files. They often mess about with them (default) without telling you first. Which they shouldn't of course.. but that doesn't stop them.

Edited by davey77

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

thanks davey the voice of reason as always when i ramble on :D

need to go out now but will be back later to process stuff

have a fun day laters angelx,,,,

ps sending off a few comps today;)

You are going to have to add me to msn sometime so we can discuss the really serious issues at hand of strategy & technique.. no, not creditors: Winning competitions! ;)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

hahahahha

cool,,,, dont have msn at the mo,,,,but will look into it

laters guys,,,and oh just opened my post and not relevant here but for mbna,,,,one of the credit cards been sold to cl and now lewis are requesting i send the full money to them,,,,oh blimey another one to look at later

never ending is this,,,,but i will survive im sure

angel x