Jump to content


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you will find it on the HMCS website - the short answer is yes - the courts set it

Lula

 

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a limit for when you should receive copies of the documents?

The court received their copies last wednesday and I havent seen anything.

I have emailed Inga, and I also phoned her yesterday regarding it and she said she would phone me back and never did.

Is this an item I should bring up in court, as they have prevented me time to review there documents.

The thing that really p'eed me off is that I emailed them a copy of my docs after they said they hadn't received them.. and they haven't even got the courtesy to return my email or call, let alone give the documents.

Should i write to the court or call the court regarding this?

Any Ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I just gave Inga another call and when I told her my name she said 'That name rings a bell', so I told her that i had called and emailed and was waiting for her to get back to me, then she remebered.

I gave her my details again and I am now waiting again for her to call me back.

 

They have had 2 weeks to go through my docs and evidence and I haven't seen any of theirs yet and court is next Friday!

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, i ve given Abbey long enough to sort themselves out.

I'm sending in Karnevil letter to the court for non compliance of serving their bundle.

Ive tweaked it abit, due to talking to Abbey and not their solicitors etc

Here's my version

 

I, the Claimant, refer to the claim as detailed above and specifically the order made by district judge Osbourne dated 12/01/07.

 

I wish to inform the court that the defendant has not complied with the order in that it has not served upon me the evidence, or any such documents, on which it intends to rely at the forthcoming hearing.

 

I have contacted the defendant on numerous occasions, by email and telephone, to request that it serve the Defendants documents at its earliest convenience. I have received no response to this correspondence.

 

I can confirm that my documents were filed on 05/01/07 and served to the Defendant on 06/01/07.

 

It is submitted that the Defendants non-compliance creates a significant imbalance between the parties in light of the forthcoming hearing, which I believe to be contrary to the overriding objective. This imbalance is particularly exacerbated by the fact that the Defendant is represented by a specialist department, whereas I am a litigant in person.

 

Accordingly, it is respectfully suggested that the court may be minded to make an order pursuant to Rule 3.4(2)© of the Civil Procedure Rules.

 

Yours faithfully

Does that sound Ok?

Link to post
Share on other sites

IVE WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James apologised for leaving it so late and near to the court date.

They will settle in full, including interest to date & costs.

MY figure was higher than his, so he said ile just write a cheque for your figure.

He will write to the court to let them know,

and send me a letter to countersign to say that i accept.

He told me not to withdraw my claim until i had the money, and the cheque should take a week because it comes from their legal fund.

 

Can a mod change the title to WON please, and thanks for you help.

Donation will follow.

 

Right back to Barclays now!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

congratulations Paul, James is a charming chap is he not? :D

Lula

 

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do i need to write to the court as well to let them know that a settlement is on the way, so to postpone the hearing?

As court date is close i dont want to screw it up now, cos i didnt drop them a line or ask for a postponement

Link to post
Share on other sites

Abbey have agreed to settle my claim in full, and told me they would write to the court.

Do i need to write to the court as well to let them know that a settlement is on the way, so to postpone the hearing?

As court date is Friday i dont want to screw it up now, cos i didnt drop them a line or ask for a postponement.

Or do i just attend court and tell the Judge the details?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, write to them telling them that Abbey have offered settlement and can you have a postponement for a month pending cleared funds

Lula

 

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have just spoken to the court regarding the settlement.

They told me that i will have to attend on Friday regardless, they have recieved Abbeys letter and the hearing will continue unless i have the cleared funds (which i wont have by Friday) because the judge may make an order.

So I better gets all my documents sorted nice and neat.

Will i still need copies for the Judge and Abbey, cos Abbey wont be there.

The clerk said i will need to submit a discontinaution of claim form to stop proceedings, but only whwn i have cleared funds.

Any Thoughts? or is

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello PKea

 

Also it's not for Abbey to instruct the court anyway - it's your case. (I wrote and told them to butt out, that I would tell the court once any funds had cleared and until such time the case was still active) I did get this info from the court itself (Well they didn't say "butt out" exactly but you get the idea :D ) Personally I would continue as if you were going to court - if Abbey don't show it will be another black mark against them and you'll get your money regardless (Just IMHO of course)

SG X

:rolleyes:
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Soldier Girl, I know its not up to Abbey to instruct the court, but it is up to Abbey to inform the court that they are settling the matter which is what they have done.

Just wondering what is going to happen at court because the judge will have the details from Abbey that they are going to settle, so will he just adjourn the case for a month? until i notify the court that the funds have cleared or will he set a deadline for Abbey tp pay me?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Abbey have agreed to settle my claim in full, and told me they would write to the court.

Do i need to write to the court as well to let them know that a settlement is on the way, so to postpone the hearing?

As court date is Friday i dont want to screw it up now, cos i didnt drop them a line or ask for a postponement.

Or do i just attend court and tell the Judge the details

 

I have just spoken to the court regarding the settlement.

They told me that i will have to attend on Friday regardless, they have received Abbeys letter and the hearing will continue unless i have the cleared funds (which i wont have by Friday) because the judge may make an order.

So I better gets all my documents sorted nice and neat.

Will i still need copies for the Judge and Abbey, cos Abbey wont be there.

The clerk said i will need to submit a discontinuation of claim form to stop proceedings, but only when i have cleared funds.

Any Thoughts? or will it just be me and the judge having a chat?

Is it possible that it will still go ahead and that at the hearing the judge will set a deadline for receipt of settlement?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would attend court, get pally with judge and seek additional costs such as loss of earnings, inconvenince, travel etc

Abbey have CLEARLY wasted your time and the courts, had no intention of defending and should have settled much sooner.

Once again the banks have overstepped the mark.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pkea,

 

If it were me in your position I would attend court and request a deadline for receipt of funds and failure to meet that deadline would result in judgement in your favour followed by court action to recover the debt. Along with registration of a default notice, and baliffs action to recover the debt. As the banks are quick to file default notices on us, it is only fair that we file them against them, if they were to default then they are no longer fit to hold a lending licence, and perhaps the OFT will take action against one of these so called banks.

 

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my letter to the court

 

Dear Sir/ Madam

RE: Claim xxxxxxxxx Me v Abbey

I have received an offer of settlement from the defendant, which is for the full amount claimed. I would therefore respectfully request an adjournment of the hearing due on Friday 2nd February 2007 for one month to enable the defendant to issue a cheque and for the funds to clear.

I believe that this will be the end of the case and once the funds have cleared I will immediately notify the court and withdraw my case.

 

 

Yours faithfully,

 

 

 

Any thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...