Sandi V Mbna Ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Wonder if anyone can help with the following:-

Back in April I claimed back for the late charges on my MBNA and virgin credit cards and when they sent me some paperwork there was a copy of my signed agreement. I noticed I have put no in the box for the PPI so sent them a letter requesting the PPI to be paid back.

After months of chasing them I finally got a letter back saying they would pay for one of my cards but the other one I had agreed to take out the PPI over the telephone which I know I definately did not and they say they do not record 100% of their calls so I can not prove this. It goes on to say that I could have at any time cancelled the PPI. They then basically just tell me to contact the financial ombudsman as they will not enter into anymore discussion with me.

The amount of £350.00 so do I have to write to the financial ombudsman or is there another way around this.

Thanks for any help

Sandi xx

It seems like its your best option. The FOS are taking ages to look into though - taking it through the courts would be quicker if you have the stomach for it!

If they didn't record the call how can they be sure you asked for it? doesn't mean they didn't mis-sell it either?

If it were me I would get in my complaint to the FOS and write back to MBNA telling them I do not agree with their findings (maybe even demand a copy or full transcript of the conversation) and inform them your complaint has now been forwarded to the FOS. Don't know if it will get them to rethink but its worth a try anyway?

Hi Sandia,

I am also going after MBNA for the same reason, have a look at this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/158462-robin-banks-mbna.html

From what you have said I think you have a good case if you want to go down the court route. I would send a SAR (template in the stickies) straight away.

Keep checking your thread as there will be someone far more experienced than me along to hold your hand through the process of getting YOUR money back.

Good luck

Thanks for your replies and I have a copy of all my statements from when I claimed back the charges. Is there a standard letter for PPI credit card charges that I can send saying they have so long to reconsider otherwise i will go the court route.

I have heard the FOS is unindated with letter and not responding very quickly. This money could come in very handy now as due to have a baby at Xmas.

Thanks again for all your help

Sandi xx

From my standard responses again:-

Once you have all the info you can then send off the mis-selling letter template, these letters can be found in the first post of this thread (scroll down the post til you found the heading "Template Letter 1"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

Thats just a first letter though - unfortunately I think you only have 6 months to send the complaint to the FOS or else they won't look into it for you so you really need to decide whether you want to go via the court route which would be quicker but you need to make sure you understand exactly what your arguments are as you may need to argue this in court or you send to FOS and wait for alot of months (as I have some dating back from May which aren't even being looked at by anyone yet!)